Shocking video shows moment pick up reverses into mother and child in Pathum Thani

webfact

Shocking video shows moment pick up reverses into mother and child in Pathum Thani

5pm_VI.jpg
Picture: Daily News

CCTV showed the shocking moment a mother and her daughter were run over by a pick-up carrying furniture that was reversing down a busy main road in Pathum Thani north of Bangkok. 

The pair had stepped into the road and had not noticed what was creeping up on them from behind. 

They were lucky not to be killed. Poh Teck Tung rescue foundation said they were taken to hospital with leg and rib injuries.

Comment and shares were rife on Thai social media. Most blamed the pick-up driver but others said that the mother and daughter should not have been standing in the road and should have looked to their left. 

They appeared to have been waiting for a bus and should not have stepped off the sidewalk, said others. 

The incident happened in Klong 3. 

The local police said that the driver clearly could not see behind him properly and was negligent. 

They suggested he should fit an additional mirror or best of all not reverse down a road but go to a U-turn to get back to where he wanted. 

They plan on inviting the driver in for a chat with the victims. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-24

WARNING: The following video may be disturbing for some viewers. Discretion is advised

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

The driver of the pick-up had two "Helpers" in the truck,

that could not be @rsed to get out of the cab and watch

him back, resulting in what happens...

regards Worgeordie

Good point.  I had not noticed them.  Reminds me of Army days.  Absolutely forbidden for drivers to reverse APCs, tanks or any vehicles with restricted rear view without a ground commander.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

We are all pretty depressed that you are stuck here too. ????

I need to start having days out in shopping malls and driving license centre's to cure the boredom. You're as <deleted> as I am, just that you can't admit it. 

Edited by Keyser Soze666
  • Haha 1

The woman is absolutely at fault. She should not have been in the road.... period. There is almost no way that the driver could have seen them. I have sometimes whacked stationary motor biles with my pick up when reversing because I can't see them. Release the driver, arrest the mother and declare her unfit to be a parent.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Hands up how many farangs reverse up a one way street without a clear view of what's behind them risk assessment is just a wishful experiment here hope the little one is ok you have been failed by all involved adults ????

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Driver and the woman were both at fault.

Driver for reversing when he could not see behind him.

Woman for stupidly taking the child onto the road without looking.

Yes indeed, but may I ask why such sickening videos are posted for all to see - morbid curiosity???

• Like 2

Notice how the woman lift up the child after being knocked over by the pickup car and then run straight out in the street without watching out for other vehicles.

Nothing surprise me in this video, just another day in LOS were nobody care about safety.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1