Shocking video shows moment pick up reverses into mother and child in Pathum Thani

webfact

16 minutes ago, munchlet said:

The woman is absolutely at fault. She should not have been in the road.... period. There is almost no way that the driver could have seen them. I have sometimes whacked stationary motor biles with my pick up when reversing because I can't see them. Release the driver, arrest the mother and declare her unfit to be a parent.

You back up and hit something, your fault!

I always check behind my truck if i am going to back up,just common sense to me.

Sure two people to blame here but the law will come down on the driver.

The woman is just stupid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

both are at fault,
the driver, because he did not (well) check if the road was free,
and the mom who did not watch, but then not at all, if no obstacle was present.
As for blaming the mother's reaction, I think it was rather panic-stricken, immense stress.
Each parent has their reaction to their child on the ground.
it is certain that when reading the video, she made every possible mistake.
We just have to hope that the little girl will not have any consequences, given the way she has handled her.

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Driver and the woman were both at fault.

Driver for reversing when he could not see behind him.

Woman for stupidly taking the child onto the road without looking.

According to traffic rules it was the drivers fault:

Rule 109: NEVER REVERSE your vehicle unless you are sure that there are no children or pedestrians or anything in the way in the area behind your vehicle, that is, the part of the road, which you cannot see from the driving seat.

This being said, the woman was stupid to drag the child with her out in the road without first watch to left and right (like we learn at school in developed countries) 

3 minutes ago, sirocco said:

both are at fault,
the driver, because he did not (well) check if the road was free,
and the mom who did not watch, but then not at all, if no obstacle was present.
As for blaming the mother's reaction, I think it was rather panic-stricken, immense stress.
Each parent has their reaction to their child on the ground.
it is certain that when reading the video, she made every possible mistake.
We just have to hope that the little girl will not have any consequences, given the way she has handled her.

90 % of those trucks have reverse beepers

Just now, bander said:

Rule 109: NEVER REVERSE your vehicle unless you are sure that there are no children or pedestrians or anything in Traffic rules way in the area behind your vehicle, that is, the part of the road, which you cannot see from the driving seat.

This being said, the woman was stupid to drag the child with her out in the road without first watch to left and right (like we learn at school in developed countries) 

Traffic rules !! You having a laugh, remember where this happened.

Do you know anyone here who obeys traffic rules?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

So she steps out doesn't look that way, stays standing in the road and then wonders why she gets knocked over. Totally dim witted. 

Many people are blaming the woman however..

The lady probably didn’t look left because it’s a two lane dual carriageway with one way traffic. It would have been safer to have a quick glance but in reality you wouldn’t expect a truck to be reversing down a one way carriage way and the lady was distracted by the little girl. 

It was one way traffic and she was waiting for a lift/taxi/bus with the looks of it.

Safer not to stand in the road with a small child however the pick up driver was 95% at fault here.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, bander said:

Rule 109: NEVER REVERSE your vehicle unless you are sure that there are no children or pedestrians or anything in the way in the area behind your vehicle, that is, the part of the road, which you cannot see from the driving seat.

But when I turn onto a main dual carriageway road, I used to only look right, not really expecting a vehicle coming from the left. Now I know better.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

But, not depressed enough to not tell us you're depressed.

he  might be typing  that with one hand whilst  hanging by his  fingertips from a 21st  floor balcony rail with the other

57 minutes ago, munchlet said:

The woman is absolutely at fault. She should not have been in the road.... period. There is almost no way that the driver could have seen them. I have sometimes whacked stationary motor biles with my pick up when reversing because I can't see them. Release the driver, arrest the mother and declare her unfit to be a parent.

And you obviously don't have a driver's license!

"Rule 109: NEVER REVERSE your vehicle unless you are sure that there are no children or pedestrians or anything in the way in the blind area behind your vehicle, that is, the part of the road, which you cannot see from the driving seat."

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, stouricks said:

But when I turn onto a main dual carriageway road, I used to only look right, not really expecting a vehicle coming from the left. Now I know better.

Me too.  Once I very nearly took out a motorcyclist riding on the wrong side of the road and coming at me from the left.   My wife said that I would have been held to be at fault, because I should know that people do that.  Go figure. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

Oh i get it, idiot walks int Shopping Mall Pool and its the Architects fault for putting it there. The Pudding was in Control of an Innocents Life and a bloody awful job she made of it.

He shouldn't have put in front of the entrance.

Why should the mother & child be at fault for not looking both ways on a one-way street? 

Traffic was only supposed to be going one way.   If the truck was going to do something stupid like that, they bare full responsability for an accident. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

some sick people here blame the mother ??? <deleted>

this truck backed up, could also have hit the car

he was backing up !!! did the car make the noisy beep beep to warn ?

traffic is supposed to come from one way only

same as that person that died on the motosay avoiding 2 motosays driving on the wrong side

Their must be a lot of Sick people even in the law So you  say/think.

when you want to Walk across the road one must look left & Right & left Right , otherwise one gets run over by a vehicle going forward or in reverse. 

Also the vehicle must  have a reversing signal /beeper and look in the mirrors to reverse .

The Mother is Wrong ,Also the Driver is being Careless.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Driver and the woman were both at fault.

Driver for reversing when he could not see behind him.

Woman for stupidly taking the child onto the road without looking.

And how can she be at fault when the car reversed behind her coming from the wrong direction...???

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

let's say, if you pass a moving train, you either have a suicidal mind or your brain is calcified.
If you get through it, it will be straight to the Psychiatric Hospital.
So irresponsible.
See, you're doing fine. Free lifetime stay. 

I love some questions !!!!!!!  5555555

16 minutes ago, Parker2100 said:

Why should the mother & child be at fault for not looking both ways on a one-way street? 

Traffic was only supposed to be going one way.   If the truck was going to do something stupid like that, they bare full responsability for an accident. 

Because she is Thai, she should know the reality of traffic here, no other explanation necessary. She was being totally irresponsible.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

some sick people here blame the mother ??? <deleted>

this truck backed up, could also have hit the car

he was backing up !!! did the car make the noisy beep beep to warn ?

traffic is supposed to come from one way only

same as that person that died on the motosay avoiding 2 motosays driving on the wrong side

Your missing what people try to say here , after they get from under the car, wich she should never have stand behind in the middle of the road in the first place (not saying that the dumbasses in the pickup shouldn't have gotten out to help the driver back up) she walked into the middle of the raod again without looking and turning her back to oncoming traffic in jer back with her baby in her arms again .all of them are to stupid to particapate in any kind of traffic wheter it is walking driving or whatever . 

• Like 1

The driver is wrong for reversing down the road like that, however the idiot mother was stood in the road with her kid which would have been a blind spot for the driver.

• Like 1

Just now, bunnydrops said:

Train track is not a one way street.

we all should know that there are no one way streets and roads in Thailand, traffic comes at you from all directions, even sometimes on Expressways.   Saw a cop car reversing down an expressway hard shoulder just this week. 

• Like 1