"Advanced technology" comes to Bangkok! Capital to get 350 "Smart Bus Stops"

webfact

5 hours ago, Card said:

There are many similar from a few years ago in Bangkok. Totally dilapidated and unused. It's just a graft business.

"There are many similar from a few years ago in Bangkok. Totally dilapidated and unused".

Really?  Where are those "smart stops" that you're referring to?

23 hours ago, keith101 said:

What's so smart about not providing social distancing seating NOTHING .

CV19 will not be with us forever. If you want to keep your distance, you can stand in the rain. Oh and wear a mask, shield and rubber gloves.

As said above, someone's on the make with this nice contract. No mention of costs, contractor supplying or who signed off on this (just BMA). How about some better reporting from DAILY NEWS please?

On 7/25/2020 at 12:18 AM, samsensam said:

around ten years ago bangkok introduced electronic displays at bus stops showing the destination and time of arrival of buses. these signs worked in the sense that it displayed destinations and times, they didnt work in that the information displayed bore no relation to the reality of arrival times and destinations of buses. a complete waste of time and money.

...and more recently many buses were converted so customers could use a machine to pay by cash or card, guess what? it never worked and was abandoned. you can still see the redundant payment machines in some buses.

How advanced was gps technology at that time. Were you using things like google maps to get around, or grab?

What was the state of mobile data at that time?

Surely you can accept that technology has advanced somewhat in the last 10 years?

14 minutes ago, Redline said:

They won’t be maintained or repaired 

Because thais are unable to maintain complex systems like bts, mrt, airlines, moblie phone networks, isps  and online banking?

Edited by n00dle
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, n00dle said:

Because thais are unable to maintain complex systems like bts, mrt, airlines, moblie phone networks, isps  and online banking?

Those businesses make good profits.  Have you seen the bus stops ???? and many of the busses ???? nice try, but not the same thing.  How many CCTV cameras work?  We have quite a few properties in Thailand, and I have a pretty good idea how it works here.  I hope you prove me wrong, but I’m confident in my prediction 

9 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Not behind the rest of world, behind Dubai - which has temperatures of 50 C in summer.

As I said... behind, with just a little extra thought. 

having a USB recharging point and wifi while you wait for your bus that's stuck in a traffic jam doesn't make it "advanced technology".

A few years back they installed some bus stops with electronic tracking monitors to show when your bus would arrive.. they broke down and were never serviced.

The money was made in purchasing the the devices, no money in maintenance so they were never serviced.