Steps required to enter Thailand

webfact

6 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

As an aside, you say that you are a French citizen - you may be allowed to apply for visas at the RTE London at the moment but when the transitional period for the EU and the UK ends in December this year, you will not be able to apply for visas in London unless you have a legal right of residence in the UK.

The RTE London is now using the E-visa system which only allows visa applications from either citizens of the country they are applying in or those who have legal residence there.

Don't worry brother, that "loophole" has already been fixed anyhow. Last time I applied at the RTE London with a French passport was in October 2018, I have been informed since that going onwards from January 2019 they would decline issueing visas unless as you stated, the applicant is able to prove residency in UK, a friend with a Belgian passport tried to apply for a Non-O at the RTE London in March 2019 and got declined.

In that regard I would say that Brexit has no implications whatsoever.

Cheers.

Edited by GigsGigs

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

This tells me that there is going to be no processing of CoE for foreigners until all Thai’s have been allocated seats on available repatriation flights. Only then will the processing of CoE for foreigners commence to take up any remaining seats (most likely with availability remaining in business class only)

That would be correct, I was in the Thai Embassy in Paris last week and overheard the staff telling another enquiring Frenchie that they had a list of 500 Thai nationals waiting for repatriation flights back to Thailand on a "queue" list, it would make sense their nationals having priority so to speak.

As stated before several times now, the CAAT still has the Thai airspace closed, only repatriation and cargo flights are allowed back in at the moment until further notice.

Edited by GigsGigs

Are you getting the ‘generic response’ from a general Embassy e-mail, or have your received any e-mails from an Embassy Individual yet i.e. one of the Minister Councillors (from their own embassy e-mail account).

Just signed 'Consular Section'

IF You already have a Non-Immigrant Visa (or PR Status) - you can apply for the CoE directly (via e-mail) without also having to go through the online Visa Process. 

I do, and I knew that.

As soon as I was notified that the CoE application was going to be processed I was told ’not to book a flight ticket or make an ASQ booking’ at that time

More sensible but when I was able to apply (before they suspended applications), I was told I had to book a flight before they would even consider my application.

I very much doubt this has changed - it just seems the Embassy is sending out generic responses until such a time that CoE applications are being processed again.

It is hardly surprising then, that embassy staff are complaining of being snowed under with enquiries. The truth of the matter is probably that most of their communications are repeats from people who are understandably baffled at the replies they do get.

Regarding the change of the Eva Ticket - I’m not sure why that would be (that your wife couldn’t simply change her date), my guess is the online payment is international whereas the the Direct Payment via the Embassy goes into the EVA UK account. Or, its a simple matter that the Embassy wants absolute control to avoid any mistakes or overbooking. 

I have no idea - the embassy in Norway had no problem doing just that for my mate.  I don't see how there can be any mistakes - there is only 1 flight, if they arrange the quarantine and then simply say, OK change your date and confirm to us within 24 hours. Possibly too easy?

15 minutes ago, GigsGigs said:

As stated before several times now, the CAAT still has the Thai airspace closed, only repatriation and cargo flights are allowed back in at the moment until further notice.

Not quite. Other flights are allowed in - they are just not allowed to let any passengers disembark. Flights going in to pick up people are allowed and often are not carrying cargo in. Technical stops are also allowed.

Sorry to nitpick but I think its important to recognise that aircraft that could be carrying passengers who have their ASQ booked are not being allowed to carry them.

• Like 1

Non-Thais in need of medical treatment in Thailand, except for treatment of Covid-19, including people accompanying them (not exceeding three persons). These tourists are only allowed to arrive by air.

1. Evidence showing financial ability to bear medical expenses or equivalent documents

2. Health insurance or other forms of insurance

3. Letter from referring hospital in the country of origin stating reasons for medical treatment in Thailand

4. Letter from the receiving hospital in Thailand accepting the applicant for treatment and confirmation of quarantine arrangements 

Most medical are voluntary cosmetic IMO.  So how would one get #3 from above?  Search for one refusing just for a letter.  Most IMO would do you if wanting it.  

Also,  did I miss those with a "retirement" [non-immigrant] visa.  Are they allowed realizing quarantine is still mandatory.

20 hours ago, pantsonfire said:

Why isnt people who have partners (not married and no children) even considered yet? I am sure there are people who are willing to go for a few months just to visit their loved ones

Because its extremely difficult for the Embassy to verify that compared to someone who ‘just wants to visit Thailand’....

As harsh at it may see, how would you be able to verify that?... there is no Marriage Certificate, there is no Fathers Name on the Childs Birth Certificate... 

What makes someone with a 2 year relationship any different from a 2 week online relationship?

As unfair as it seems its a pretty impossible situation to handle. 

I think once the next wave of repatriation flights are done with it would be fair to open up the CoE application to anyone and the Embassy can handle the applications on a discretionary basis via a Visa Application. 

On 7/26/2020 at 8:07 PM, richard_smith237 said:

The Embassy means there are no current repatriation flights planned this month other than Eva Air which were both full (19th and 26th). 

Under the Emergency Decree no passengers can fly into Thailand. Airlines are selling tickets for flights people cannot travel on (this is a highly immoral cash grab).

Once further repatriation flights become available (possibly 3x TG flights next month) the Embassy will open up applicants for the CoE. Proof of a flight Booking and ASQ Booking is not necessary for CoE application (by e-mail), the Embassy Allocate the flights and you book the ASQ once you know what flight you have been allocated. 

It's not really any more confusing than that - but the wording used by the Embassy, the lists issued and so many people over complicating a relatively simple issue seems to have muddied the waters. 

Here is an update from the Thai Embassy in the UK: 

I think the application for the CoE will open up soon, as such it would make sense to e-mail the Embassy and see if you can get yourself on a the Queue for the CoE applications once they open.

I suspect if you send in your Details (listed below) you will be considered for application. 

- Passport Copy

- Marriage Certificate 

- Non-Immigrant Visa (or indicate that you will apply for a Non-Immigrant Visa)

- Wife’s Passport

- Declaration Form (to be placed in Quarantine) 

- Heath Insurance Certificate (inc US$100,000 Covid-19 Cover)

I ‘believe’ that your application will be considered without the need to present a Flight ticket or ASQ booking, you can request in your e-mail that you would like to apply for one of the Repatriation flights on 9th, 16th or 23rd August and will secure ASQ as soon as you have confirmation that you have been allocated a repatriation flight. 

-------------

Thai Embassy, UK link:

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/120100-**Repatriation-Flights-for-non-Thai-nationals**.html

**Repatriation flights for non-Thai nationals**

Rrgistration will be open soon.

While commercial flights are banned from entering Thailand, the Embassy has arranged repatriation flights to facilitate Thai nationals and non-Thai nationals in the UK and Ireland who need to go to Thailand.

Each flight can accommodate up to 50 non-Thai nationals.

There are 3 flights in August 2020 by Thai Airways International :

- Flight#1 on 9 August 2020

- Flight#2 on 16 August 2020

- Flight#3 on 23 August 2020

All flights are TG917, departing at 21.25 hrs. from London Heathrow Airport, Terminal 2.

Economy class tickets are £689.00 and business class tickets are £2,802.00 (one way from London to Bangkok). 

The Emybassy will send the list of registered passengers to Thai Airways International to make booking. Payment for tickets will be made directly to Thai Airways International. 

The Embassy reserves the rights for Thais and non-Thai nationals in the UK and Ireland. 

**The Embassy will issue the Certificate of Entry (CoE) to registered passengers after they have submitted the ASQ hotel booking confirmation.**

For the list of ASQ booking, please see http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/contents/filemanager/document/List%20of%20ASQ%20Hotels%2026062020.pdf

For more information on the CoE requirements and visa application, please see  http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/119247-Requirements-for-Certificate-of-Entry-during-trave.html

35 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Because its extremely difficult for the Embassy to verify that compared to someone who ‘just wants to visit Thailand’....

As harsh at it may see, how would you be able to verify that?... there is no Marriage Certificate, there is no Fathers Name on the Childs Birth Certificate... 

What makes someone with a 2 year relationship any different from a 2 week online relationship?

As unfair as it seems its a pretty impossible situation to handle. 

I think once the next wave of repatriation flights are done with it would be fair to open up the CoE application to anyone and the Embassy can handle the applications on a discretionary basis via a Visa Application. 

Totally agree with this, so evidence such how long duration plan to stay in Thailand, in addition with the relationship status, like proof of knowing each other for a period of time etc - just like sponsoring someone for a visa would require proof of communications over a period of time, photos etc.

Obviously, this would also need commerical flights to be booked with covid testing.

Edited by pantsonfire

On 7/24/2020 at 6:17 AM, SantiSuk said:

According to the above "non-Thais who have been permitted to reside in Thailand" are given a shot at getting into the country.

I'm guessing that the definition they will use for residence is more onerous than the ThaiRev (thai tax authority) test of residence - "an individual is regarded as a tax resident if he/she resides in Thailand at one or more times for an aggregate period of 180 days or more in any tax year" (PwC Thailand Tax Booklet)

Were tax residence to be acceptable I don't doubt there are many falang out there 'stranded abroad' who normally live here full-time (indeed I have two mates in that situation) some of whom would be prepared to meet the financial and time burdens of returning and reoccupying the houses they have kept financed for the last 4 months.

I'm guessing the true acceptable test of residence is more akin to Permanent Residence. Anyone know?

A permanent address such as a leased apartment. The lease or contract should be sufficient along with the correct visa and entry permit. In my case, a non O retirement visa with multiple entry permit. The real problem is the "Alternative State Quarantine" which is a collection of luxury hotels charging ridiculous money for a two week stay, obviously they think there is a captive market of rich farang  that they can monopolize and take advantage of. I've seen prices from 30,000 baht to 200,000 baht, and these ASQ hotels promote this like it's a two week vacation in paradise. Meanwhile, what were those numbers again as to the loss of tourism? And this is supposed to help? Help whom? Who's gonna come to Thailand just for a 2 week quarantine vacation and then leave because there's no more money? Those hotels are gonna suck wind, unless they can all draw their salaries based on a trickle of foreigners perhaps one or two a week. But, "TIT", and it's not much different from opportunistic corporations anywhere especially the US, who have capitalized on Covid loan and relief programs to line their pockets while they lay off thousands of employees. Regardless of the silliness and problems of Thailand, I'll take Thailand over the US any day and every day. If I have to pay $1000.00 US to come back, well I guess it's worth it just to get the +F+  out of this horror movie of a country, the US, the land where idiocy has become the norm and the president tweets videos about alien DNA and demons causing Covid. 

On 7/27/2020 at 10:30 AM, GigsGigs said:

Don't worry brother, that "loophole" has already been fixed anyhow. Last time I applied at the RTE London with a French passport was in October 2018, I have been informed since that going onwards from January 2019 they would decline issueing visas unless as you stated, the applicant is able to prove residency in UK, a friend with a Belgian passport tried to apply for a Non-O at the RTE London in March 2019 and got declined.

In that regard I would say that Brexit has no implications whatsoever.

Cheers.

Something that some people are not aware of, you can enter Thailand on a 60 day or 6 month tourist visa and convert it to a non O retirement visa, at least at the Bangkok office at the government complex. There are a number of steps over several weeks to a month, but that's how I did it. My tourist visa was converted to a 6 month non immigrant visa, and then to a non O retirement visa. You just have to be sure you've got all your ducks in a row with proof of income/assets, residence, etc. You have to show a minimum monthly income to a Thai bank of 65,000 baht per month, or as you probably know, have 800,000 baht parked uselessly in a Thai bank. Cheers all, and good luck chok dii

On 7/25/2020 at 8:33 AM, richard_smith237 said:

WRONG - It is possible, use a private clinic / health facility.

I received my Covid-19 PCR test results within 48 hrs. 

I received a Covid-19 test kit in the post.

I self administered the Test on Thursday 16th, then drove the test to the Pathology Lab myself (1hr away) as I didn’t want to rely on Post. 

I received results on Saturday Morning, less than 48 hours later. 

I also received a Fit to Fly certificate from the same Doctor (I’d spoken with on the phone). 

I few out on the 19th (evening flight). 

Cost: £190

Midlandheath (Birmingham UK).

Summerfield health also offer 48 hrs results (West Midlands UK)

Its all very possible - its also much easier for the Brits if they are close to the UK and can use Harley Street clinics. 

The Private health clinic will provide a Fit to Fly certificate (some do so for an additional charge). 

Alternatively, a Fit to Fly certificate can be obtained from an online Dr. after a video consultation. Prices for this vary from £30 to about £100 - the Fit to Fly just needs to state you have no Covid-19 symptoms. 

I'd question any insurance policy which covers me for £48 for unlimited overseas trips. 

can i ask then how you got insurance cover for 100000 us dollars  question mark