Steps required to enter Thailand

webfact

3 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

I pay tax, 15 percent on savings, which is more than most (65 million) thais pay in tax on income or SS

the hundreds of thousands of cheap slave labor does not have to have to crazy requirements... double standard again

Yep, the old Thai two tier system raises it ugly head again; Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar cheap labour, "walk right in no problems", check your temperature you're all good to go.

Non-Thai Nationals (excluding the above); jump through all these hoops, suck the living life out of your wallet and maybe... just maybe we might let you in.

Go figure ............. the hypocrisy of Government here!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, 7fish said:

I have to agree sadly, was looking forward to going back to my apartment at some point but now I wont be renewing my contract and will have to sell my stuff through friends. I worry about a lot of my Thai friends who are already experiencing severe financial difficulties, a couple of women I know are living off dried noodles and looking quite ill in there recent pics. The land of smiles is fast becoming the land of frowns and worried expressions

7fish, yes, it's a hard time for many and then I hear thr economy hss troughed now and will recover in the fourth quarter. Really ? ?. Meanwhile in the UK it's the worst for 300 years. 

How many place that you know can even get covid test? Not in Finland! Nobody do that for pleasure some A hole coverment rules! Don't have that kind "private" sector in Finland who fast give you covid "free" result! Ok i go back Finland soon and maybe can't go back here ever! Have to say misses bye bye...... Maybe i sent you money or maybe i find new woman from coundry WHERE DON'T HAVE SO MANY IDIOT PEOPLE!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Well when you see countries that have been hit way way harder than Thailand with their borders fully open to citizens of most countries, you seriously have to wonder <deleted> is going on here?? Is it just a case of massive paranoia?

No, for the very reason that, as you just pointed out, countries that have (or at least had) their borders fully open) were hit way, way harder.

17 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

I'm in an apartment in Melbourne. 

5 months here now and no signs of a return flight. 

And now in lockdown again..

Well I hope you can sort something out. My Thai gf is stuck in Tasmania and now working at a cafe in Hobart.

One hurdle which may be disappearing soon is the medical insurance cover for Covid as many companies in the UK (and presumably elsewhere) are starting to include cover for the virus in their travel insurance policies at last.  I am in Thailand and got an email from my travel insurance provider 'Insure and Go' to say they are now including it in their new policies and would also cover it in my existing 6 months policy too.  Quite a relief as this covers for up to 5,000,000 GBP so should satisfy Thai immigration now and in future hopefully.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

I have no intention of leaving Thailand until I know I can come back the same way I always do.

I agree with you, it's for me the same but when you'll have to go for some reason, then you'll have a problem.

I'm nearly out of special medicine, here not available.....

Once I try to let it come from Europe, it never arrives,

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

I have no intention of leaving Thailand until I know I can come back the same way I always do.

My flight back from what was supposed to a short trip to the uk, was due 4 days after the lockdown so been stuck in London since then. Given the choice I would be in Thailand

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bhawana said:

One more question. If we have to go to phuket via Bangkok from nepal. Where do we stay for quarantine..bkk or Phuket

There's a list of Hotels that are registered as quarantine hotels. Last time i looked at them they were all in BKK. 

1. Movenpick Wellness BDMS Resort Hotel (150 rooms)
2. Qiu Hotel (79 rooms)
3. The Idle residence (125 rooms)
4. Grand Richmond Hotel (60 rooms)
5. Royal Benja Hotel (80 rooms)
6. Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel (18 rooms)
7. Grande Centerpoint Hotel Sukhumvit 55 (130 rooms)
8. Amara Hotel (56 rooms)
9. The Kinn Bangkok hotel (61 rooms)
10. Siam Mandarina Hotel (120 rooms)
11. TwoThree Hotel (50 rooms)
12. Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort (89 rooms)
13. Tango Hotel (30 rooms)
14. Amari Buriram United Hotel (30 rooms)

23 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Miss the wife and daughter every minute, but this is just complete lunacy. I'll just ride it out stuck in the UK and wait for this Thai lunacy to come to an end. 

End of the day I'm just going to bring them out of thailand for good at some point in the near future, Thailand's government can just lose the income from our family. I've had enough of the imbeciles

Our hope is in the students here.

You'll never know a miracle is about to happen.

• Thanks 1

Travel  ???   What   Planes  are traveling  to Thailand  ??

THIS IS NOT   ABOUT  FALANGS  I  ASSUME ?

What  planes  are doing  international travel at  all  from western countries??

Thailand  is  crazy  think people can just travle to  Thailand

Apart  fron the  b.....t  that they expect  the TRAVELLERS  TO DO 

Thank god i  have video  link  always to my lovely wife  in Bangkok

Even  Buddha  does not  know when we  can be together   again  ??

21 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

No, for the very reason that, as you just pointed out, countries that have (or at least had) their borders fully open) were hit way, way harder.

Of course you can look at it that way too, but either way this is still huge overkill what is going on here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fraggleRock said:

From December to Feb 2019 to 2020 I travelled all of Europe from my home in Bangkok, and to be honest found the experience far superior at every single level of convenience compared to Thailand.... I adore Denmark, Malta and Israel - and for this reason I have sold everything in Thailand and I'm taking my Thai wife and MY son home..... Thailand is now quite simply rubbish and is below par on every level.... a dead duck! And with all these entry requirements why would any sane person bother such a task, even if everything is in order one day, the next day it changes then you have the face self loving morons that populate the criminal and corrupt immigration service to deal with on arrival.  Thailand 1990 was awesome 2020 its not even a polished turd but alas a turd rolled in glitter... Don't kid yourselves expats, the government have done a good job of making you as popular as a fart in a spacesuit and at the 1st opportunity you WILL be ejected, your history towards Thailand means nothing, your investments mean nothing, your a a mere rat tourist for 90 day reporting here and it will NEVER change.  If your so loved and needed what happens if you miss one of these reporting days? And you have been here like me for over 20 years? yup your fined... feel welcomed...... 

Couldn't agree more. I loathe this sweatbox more everyday, but stuck here for now. Best of luck back in civilisation.

15 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

For some time now, Thailand has been saying that covid specific insurance up to $100,000 is mandatory. I do not believe that has changed.

COVID specific insurance doesn't exist. There is also non sense to call an insurance: "COVID specific".

Insurance covers expenses relating to a problem. Here, it is a question of health problems (COVID or not). Knowing that there is no specific vaccine for COVID, it is a question of paying for care, hospitalization costs, and repatriation when it must be the case.
And I don't think we could ever exceed the $ 100,000 cost for two weeks of care (and we're not talking about surgery here, but "just" care and resuscitation).
I think the risk of dying in Thailand is higher on the road of a potential moron who bumps into you because he was driving wildly or traveling the other way on the night road without light and in the exit of a bend. Or to run over someone who comes down a small path without looking and at the bottom, bumps into you and asks you for money because as you are farang, you are always wrong, even in front of the last of the morons who is at fault.

• Like 1

Thailand Down Fall, Nothing New

People stop getting your blood pressure up. These things the government is stating a person must have to enter has not been thought out. They are only barriers to keep people out and justify or insurance to keep the second wave from happening in the country. Not to include keeping the poor people at bay.

You don't need a General Education Degree (GED) to see the big picture. This is why the young folks are protesting around the country. The rich Thais are not spending their money, nor giving it to help the poor.

Please answer these questions and then ask yourself, have you read anything explaining any detailed procedures when it comes to the 300,000 USD now 100,000 USD insurance requirement?

1. The 100,000 USD insurance should only cover you for the time frame you are visiting. Do not understand why they can not just state it this way.
  2. Now, what company is going to cover the requirements they are stating you must-have?
  3. Are these companies in Thailand? If not, are these companies on the Thailand approval list to be used?
  4. Have companies in Thailand been approved to use for assurance?
  5. Have they published a list of companies in Thailand?
  6. How is any company validated that they will pay to the hospital in Thailand if you become infected and placed in the hospital?
  7. Why are Thai’s allowed to renter without this insurance? They are returning infected if you are reading and listening to the news. Who is paying that medical bill? The government....????????????
  8. Is that why the government implemented the hospitals can change foreigners more than Thai’s? 

I have not read anything, and Thaivisa has not stated anything that I know of since this outrages requirement was mention. Everyone I know in Europe, the US, and other countries in Asia knows this, and it will be a long time before they plan to visit again. Is there any other county requiring such insurance to enter their country?

Please do yourself a favor, forward these articles to friends outside the country, and see what they tell you. Don't forget to add, please share with friends who might consider visiting Thailand. Also, tell them to check out 2PriceThailand on faceBook. 

Well it could be worse. Australia and New Zealand are not letting anyone in for an indefinite period. Australia won't even allow their citizens to leave without being granted an exemption. So at least Thailand is trying to open it up.

13 hours ago, thedemon said:

Do you know whether the USD100K insurance policy document needs to specifically state "Covid-19"?

It is a bit confusing because I have read elsewhere that insurance covering only Covid-19 is insufficient whereas the requirement is for medical insurance "including" Covid-19.

In my case, I have a policy from Pacific Cross with coverage of USD1M/year and nil exclusions. I have read through the Policy Document and there is no mention of Covid-19, epidemics, pandemics etc. so presumably it is covered but would an embassy/consulate accept that or would they require a separately issued Certificate specifically mentioning Covid-19?

April Insurance company issued me with a Certificate of Cover which left no doubt (see below).

Ask your insurance company for a similar document, or even an e-mailed response may work. 

The acceptance of this document in the application of CoE process is down to the discretion of the Embassy staff. Reasonable insurance companies ’should’ offer this although I’ve read on this forum that some will not. 

Edited by metisdead
Attachment removed at request.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, david_dyer said:

the process is quite simple, but the cost of the process is impossible, one way flight alone from sydney using Qatar has been quoted at BT 339.885 ($AU 16,990) makes the financial burden far to excessive. Then there is the cost of insurance, quarantine and return flights in a few months time.......thankfully we have a strong family and plenty of support.

IGNORE any flight which is not a Repatriation flight provided to you by the Embassy during the application process. 

Those Airlines are not carrying passengers into Thailand but will take your money for a ticket regardless. When they cancel the flight they will take their time to refund you your money. 

What they are doing is highly immoral - they need the cashflow. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Miami007 said:

Is it far fetched to assume that someone who really wants to enter Thailand does the following:

take a test today,

wait for the results

Create a pdf of the results

Change the dates of the test on the pdf to show 72 hours before arrival

Print the "doctored" results 

I doubt that any airline staff or IO will call the lab/ doctor to verify dates on the piece of paper. We are not talking a passport or notarized document here..

When there are problems, there will always be solutions found

I thought the same thing and figured that some people, when pushed into a corner may already be doing this. 

However, this is fraud. IF in the rare event you were found to be Covid-19 Positive on your tests in ASQ it would be very easy for ‘someone’ to contact your overseas test facility and confirm whether or not you had actually taken a Covid-19 test within 72hrs of flight departure. 

IF you were found to have defrauded the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and your Local Embassy I would imagine the penalties are quite severe. i.e. Extreme fines, prison time? certainly you would compromise your long term future in Thailand. 

In short, those currently wishing to return to Thailand want to do so because they have ‘long term commitments’, spoofing a Covid-19 certificate is surely not worth the risk. 

Rather than quoting all of OP will just lift this one short paragraph. Now if you are a Brit under our National Health System there is absolutely no way whatsover you will achieve their requirements in the 72 hours prior to wheels up (in reality the 2 days before the flight)

Simply impossible.....you simply will not be able to arrange tests, results and fit to fly certificates (which you'll certainly get charged for after the medical) all in the two days available

Day of travel

Travellers are required to carry a certificate of entry, health insurance, certificate of a Covid-19 test taken within a 72-hour period with a negative result and a fit-to-fly certificate. 

Out of interest I got requoted for annual insurance to include covid and my annual coverage which was £48 last year for unlimited trips has risen by £549

Edited by Chivas

16 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

For some time now, Thailand has been saying that covid specific insurance up to $100,000 is mandatory. I do not believe that has changed.

Don’t believe any of the migrant workers they are going to allow in from Burma and Cambodia will have this insurance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Double and triple bureaucracy.

Not thought out at all. If a 14 day quarantine in Thailand with C19 tests is mandatory, what should the stupid test do 72 hours before departure.

It offers a degree of assurance that someone with Covid-19 does not board the same flight and spreads the SARS-CoV-2 Virus to all of those seated within in close proximity. 

In addition to the problem of getting such a test in a timely manner, there is no guarantee that the virus will not be caught within 3 days. A completely unnecessary hurdle.

Agreed, but it removes a great deal of the risk that someone may have Covid-19. 

The test is also not required for Thais!!!. A plane full of people, some of whom have been tested and some have not; so you are guaranteed not to get a 100% C19 free aircraft. 

Agreed, this creates somewhat of a farce out of the ‘water tight’ procedures required of Foreigners. 

Is it true that Thai’s do not have to take the Covid-19 Test with 72 hrs before flight? - I’ve read of this but not heard or read any 1st hand information or seen it confirmed that ‘someones’ wife or friend who was repatriated recently (i.e. in July) travelled without the Covid-19 test. 

11 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Rather than quoting all of OP will just lift this one short paragraph. Now if you are a Brit under our National Health System there is absolutely no way whatsover you will achieve their requirements in the 72 hours prior to wheels up (in reality the 2 days before the flight)

Simply impossible.....you simply will not be able to arrange tests, results and fit to fly certificates (which you'll certainly get charged for after the medical) all in the two days available

WRONG - It is possible, use a private clinic / health facility.

I received my Covid-19 PCR test results within 48 hrs. 

I received a Covid-19 test kit in the post.

I self administered the Test on Thursday 16th, then drove the test to the Pathology Lab myself (1hr away) as I didn’t want to rely on Post. 

I received results on Saturday Morning, less than 48 hours later. 

I also received a Fit to Fly certificate from the same Doctor (I’d spoken with on the phone). 

I few out on the 19th (evening flight). 

Cost: £190

Midlandheath (Birmingham UK).

Summerfield health also offer 48 hrs results (West Midlands UK)

Its all very possible - its also much easier for the Brits if they are close to the UK and can use Harley Street clinics. 

Day of travel

Travellers are required to carry a certificate of entry, health insurance, certificate of a Covid-19 test taken within a 72-hour period with a negative result and a fit-to-fly certificate. 

The Private health clinic will provide a Fit to Fly certificate (some do so for an additional charge). 

Alternatively, a Fit to Fly certificate can be obtained from an online Dr. after a video consultation. Prices for this vary from £30 to about £100 - the Fit to Fly just needs to state you have no Covid-19 symptoms. 

Out of interest I got requoted for annual insurance to include covid and my annual coverage which was £48 last year for unlimited trips has risen by £549

I'd question any insurance policy which covers me for £48 for unlimited overseas trips. 

49 minutes ago, Truth Will Set You Free said:

Thailand Down Fall, Nothing New

People stop getting your blood pressure up. These things the government is stating a person must have to enter has not been thought out. They are only barriers to keep people out and justify or insurance to keep the second wave from happening in the country. Not to include keeping the poor people at bay.

You don't need a General Education Degree (GED) to see the big picture. This is why the young folks are protesting around the country. The rich Thais are not spending their money, nor giving it to help the poor.

Please answer these questions and then ask yourself, have you read anything explaining any detailed procedures when it comes to the 300,000 USD now 100,000 USD insurance requirement?

1. The 100,000 USD insurance should only cover you for the time frame you are visiting. Do not understand why they can not just state it this way.
  2. Now, what company is going to cover the requirements they are stating you must-have?
  3. Are these companies in Thailand? If not, are these companies on the Thailand approval list to be used?

April Heath, Aetna, Cigna, AXA, The Post Office (UK)

There is no ‘approval list’ all thats required is a statement or certificate from your insurance company that you are Covered in Thailand for up to or more than US$100,000 for any complications related to Covid-19. 

1. Have companies in Thailand been approved to use for assurance?

Insurance, there is no approval list. 

1. Have they published a list of companies in Thailand?

Again, there no approval list. 

1. How is any company validated that they will pay to the hospital in Thailand if you become infected and placed in the hospital?

Any insurance is underwritten: Example April Heath is underwritten by AIG.

A lot of companies have Direct Settlement in Thailand, if there is no direct settlement, you pay and claim back from the insurance company - this is how its always worked. 

1. Why are Thai’s allowed to renter without this insurance? They are returning infected if you are reading and listening to the news. Who is paying that medical bill? The government....????????????

Thailand has a national health care system. 

1. Is that why the government implemented the hospitals can change foreigners more than Thai’s? 

This is not true. Some hospitals have dual pricing. But many do not and charge Thai’s the same as Westerners. 

I have not read anything, and Thaivisa has not stated anything that I know of since this outrages requirement was mention. Everyone I know in Europe, the US, and other countries in Asia knows this, and it will be a long time before they plan to visit again. Is there any other county requiring such insurance to enter their country?

Yes, Insurance cover for the duration of stay has always been a requirement for a Schengen Visa.

Please do yourself a favor, forward these articles to friends outside the country, and see what they tell you. Don't forget to add, please share with friends who might consider visiting Thailand. Also, tell them to check out 2PriceThailand on faceBook. 

Dual pricing has little to do with the process to return Foreigners to Thailand. 

Be careful of your conformation Bias. 

• Like 1

Who in their right mind would want to return to Thailand at this time, knowing that Thai’s are returning infected from all countries.  You are on a plane with control air that everyone is breathing, you don’t think you get infected? This is another reason why they want you to have 100,000 USD insurance.

No company in the US is providing this coverage! If so, family and friends would have already mention it. 

2 hours ago, Keyser Soze666 said:
4 hours ago, Timwin said:

These rules make Thailand look like a super-picky, super rich Asian Monaco, instead of a 3rd world country where most earn less than $400 per month. ????

Sure thing. I have no idea why anyone would be so desperate to come back here to go through all these ridiculous hoops.

Some people care about their Wife and Children and want to be with them..... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, madmitch said:

If you have regular health insurance, I would have thought that the insurers would be able to provide confirmation that you are covered for COVID-19 up to the policy limit. The same with travel insurance, if it's covered of course.

If not, where do you find COVID-specific insurance?

You cannot. 

Since January 23 all policies were revised to exclude any covid19 events (pandemic)...

So it means that existing policies need to specify the Covid19 coverage, or if your policy is dated before January 23 it's got coverage. 

Just needs to be spelled out separately. 

Same with new policies. 

It must spell out coverage for covid19 minimum of $100,000 USD. 

Many Thai polices only cover for lesser amounts. 

I have not seen a covid19 insurance coverage policy only...

Some companies will cover you for the duration of the stay. Or Visa length. 

Small print says yourpolicy should cover for the duration. 

But some allow you to take, and cancel after 30 days.

(I'm 68 now and for me the basic cover would be 47,000 baht per annum)

• Like 1