Immigration announcement

Lord!!!  Who writes their "English" communications???

I have an annual retirement extension coming due in mid-September... AFAIK, I need to apply for a new one anywhere from 30-45 days beforehand at BKK CW, just the same as I would any other year.

So in regard to that, what the heck is the section 2 of their info sheet supposed to mean? Are they talking about people with actual visas as opposed to retirement extensions?  They being Immigration, who eternally are mixing up their EN terminology between "visas" and extensions", where they often themselves refer to extensions as being visas.

2020-07-24-303.jpg.716b447e96c268c0ea630acf762d6e79.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Source for this picture?

It's more confusing than their usual info graphics.

At least the 90-day reporting part seems to be reasonably clear...

Although, it doesn't address the suggestion in their "cartoon" of the other day that people who didn't report during the amnesty period might have to do their next post-amnesty report in person.

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

At least the 90-day reporting part seems to be reasonably clear...

But i think this part is wrong, because the cabinet said no 90 day reports required until 26th September.

Edit: According to UJs post below it's official, no idea why this seems to be wrong.

Edited by jackdd

27 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

2020-07-24-304.jpg.d541859f53b50b53de2e7f567ef3a4d3.jpg

Last I heard, neither the U.S. nor the U.K. embassies supposedly are issuing any more request for visa extension letters?  Still correct?

This might change closer to the deadline.

My understanding of this is, and it hasn't changed since the first stories of this amnesty extension emerged about a week ago now, is that TR and other temporary visa holders will need to submit proof they can't depart by Sep 26. At this point, with more than 2 months to go until that deadline it is TOO early to make such an assessment.

As such, I can't imagine such letters being necessary until sometime in September, when the flight situation becomes clearer. Consequently, I see no issue with UK and US embassies not issuing letters now, because they're not needed. They MAY be needed come September, at which time they may decide to reverse their stance.

I wonder why immigration always come up with weird dates that nobody can remember. Wouldn't it have been better to state end of September instead of 26 which is just a few days away?

What's unclear to me is what happens to people who already extended on a tourist visa then were given the extension/amnesty until 31 July . I'm sorta reading that if you can't come up with one of the reasons to extend further then they will tell you to get out ASAP and not give you another extension As for letters from embassy, last week UK embassy told me they weren't issuing letters. That may have changed after this announcement? 

24 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

In a way it seems reasonable in what it says. People that skipped their reports from March to the 31st have a month to do them.

I have skipped 2 of them. I was planning on the taking a TM47 for with me when I apply or my annual extension in about 2 weeks anyway. That would mean I would not need to a do report until November.

One of the similar questions to that I've been pondering in BKK lately is.... when someone goes to Immigration for their annual extension of stay application, in BKK, that's going to be CW... Except, they've now moved the 90-day reporting section elsewhere to MTT...

So, does that mean BKK folks won't be able to do their extension and 90-day report in person in the same facility anymore, thus requiring a separate trip (assuming they don't do the 90-day by mail or online)? Or they'll cut you some slack at BKK CW as long as you're doing the 90-day along with an extension renewal?

9 minutes ago, eyup said:

What's unclear to me is what happens to people who already extended on a tourist visa then were given the extension/amnesty until 31 July . I'm sorta reading that if you can't come up with one of the reasons to extend further then they will tell you to get out ASAP and not give you another extension As for letters from embassy, last week UK embassy told me they weren't issuing letters. That may have changed after this announcement? 

For those with doubt about their particular status , I think best thing to do is hop in at your local Immigration office in a week time for checking your possibility's, as then  at least all is clear for them to .

Anyway until  September time is there to prepare in case bad situation , don't wait until last minute because that first part in the announcement look grim ….

Edited by david555

Just now, marvin1950 said:

So now 90 day reporting is not deferred to September 26?

Now you have to do it by August 31 if you did not report by July 31?

Is that correct?

Deferred until August 31 if not already done.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, david555 said:

For those with doubt about their particular status , I think best thing to do is hop in at your local Immigration office in a week time for checking your possibility's, as then  at least all is clear for them to .

Anyway until  September time is there to prepare in case bad situation , don't wait until last minute because that first part in the announcement look grim ….

Sep 26 is the deadline now. No ifs or buts about it. Doesn't matter if you've extended before or not. The main disadvantage of having already used an extension before is you may be at the mercy of immigration who may or may not allow you to extend for another reason or extend on the basis of medical or force majeure reasons beyond Sep 26.

1 minute ago, padthaininja said:

Damn, they should have done it the Vietnam way, letting tourists stay and pay? Vietnam letting tourists pay for 1, 2, or 3 months of extensions.. ????

Which is what they're doing with proof of a reason why you can't leave.

Besides, Sep 26 is just over 2 months away. Why the panic now. Some borders could be open by then. Even Thailand just announced it may welcome some tourists back by then.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Sep 26 is the deadline now. No ifs or buts about it. Doesn't matter if you've extended before or not. The main disadvantage of having already used an extension before is you may be at the mercy of immigration who may or may not allow you to extend for another reason or extend on the basis of medical or force majeure reasons beyond Sep 26.

the existing 1 year ret ext. just keep same , on their same period to renew, only those outside Thailand with expiring ret. ext. shall be needed to start all over whenever (?) they can come back in to Thailand  

Edited by david555