NON-IMM eligible for Second Amnesty?

Hello all,

I am here in Thailand with NON-IMM VISA with single entry (I am a Myanmar passport holder, entered the country the February 5), and I want to know after July 31 period, if I am eligible to the automatic extension for next September 26? or do I need to do anything with that? 

I did contact Myanmar consulate in Chiang Mai, as well as Chiang Mai and Krabi Immigration Office, but they have no new information for me yet.

Thank you very much in advance for your help! 

• Like 1

hello ubonjoe, 

It's work visa, category (B) , but before I enter in Thailand, the embassy told me that I have to work for 3 month first after 3 months, I will need to apply for work-permit. During the second month of stay because of the covid-19 situation, everywhere is close so, can't plan to apply work- permit. If I can stay until September 26th that is will be grate for me for the moment. 

Thank you very much!

Edited by nanmoe

27 minutes ago, nanmoe said:

During the second month of stay because of the covid-19 situation, everywhere is close so, can't plan to apply work- permit.

Who told you that you could not apply for a work permit and everything was closed.

You would need to apply for the work permit before your 90 days ended.

• 1 month later...

I trying to contact immigration, they told me that I can stay till July 13th for any type of visa. That's why I didn't apply for work- permit. As I know, there is a way not to leave the country right sir? it's mean we can converted NON-B visa to ED visa right? I am not sure about what is actually amount cost?   Can you give me any information sir. I trying to contact agency visa service to converted my visa not to leave the Country , but it cost for 54000 baht or 77000 baht up to 1 year. It's expensive was I expected. 

I am looking to hearing a good new from you sir. 

Thank you so much for you time and help. 

2 hours ago, nanmoe said:

I trying to contact immigration, they told me that I can stay till July 13th for any type of visa. That's why I didn't apply for work- permit. As I know, there is a way not to leave the country right sir? it's mean we can converted NON-B visa to ED visa right? I am not sure about what is actually amount cost?   Can you give me any information sir. I trying to contact agency visa service to converted my visa not to leave the Country , but it cost for 54000 baht or 77000 baht up to 1 year. It's expensive was I expected. 

I am looking to hearing a good new from you sir. 

Thank you so much for you time and help. 

The cost to get an education extension on your Non B visa entry is very high because there is no normal way of getting it done. Immigration officials at various levels and officials in the Ministry of Education need to endorse the application, as well as (fairly easy) finding a suitable school. The money you pay to the agent needs to be spread pretty wide. It is probably academic at this stage because it usually takes at least three weeks to arrange and it is only two weeks until the end of the amnesty.

It seems that the opportunity to apply for a work permit, and simplify the process of staying is probably no longer available. Have you discussed that possibility with the agents? It requires contacts in the Labour Department (if possible at all) that agents less commonly have, but would likely be a lot cheaper if possible.

• 1 month later...

Hello sir, 

I planning to extend my NON-IMM visa at Bangkok Immigration Division1, but I don't know which counter should I choose?  Should I select Extension for Business(M1-49) or Extension for business(M1-50)

Thank you so much. 

8 minutes ago, nanmoe said:

I planning to extend my NON-IMM visa at Bangkok Immigration Division1, but I don't know which counter should I choose?  Should I select Extension for Business(M1-49) or Extension for business(M1-50)

What is the length of the extension will you be applying for?

Not sure which desk you would use if applying for a one year extension. Does the list give any other info?

On 7/24/2020 at 6:14 PM, ubonjoe said:

Who told you that you could not apply for a work permit and everything was closed.

You would need to apply for the work permit before your 90 days ended.

I would like to apply for 30days sir. Last time, I went to Bangkok immigration for extension they gave me for 90days expire date on December 12th, but they just give me a stamp for 1 month September 11 to October 9th.  Immigration Bureau announcement  that they allow all type visa can say till October 31th right? Before October 9th, I go to Pattaya immigration to asked about visa information, they told me I can stay until October 31th after I will need to go again at Bangkok immigration to extend if  I stay in Thailand. 

10 minutes ago, nanmoe said:

I would like to apply for 30days sir. Last time, I went to Bangkok immigration for extension they gave me for 90days expire date on December 12th, but they just give me a stamp for 1 month September 11 to October 9th.  Immigration Bureau announcement  that they allow all type visa can say till October 31th right? Before October 9th, I go to Pattaya immigration to asked about visa information, they told me I can stay until October 31th after I will need to go again at Bangkok immigration to extend if  I stay in Thailand. 

Which office in Bangkok did you go to when you applied for your previous extension (Chaeng Wattana or Muang Thong Thani}?

You should be able to go to immigration and get your previous extension stamp changed to November 30th. Then before that day a 60 day extension will be possible.

last time I went to extension at Chaeng Wattana sir. it's mean I will have to go at Chaeng Wattana and change previous extension stamp right?  Do I still need to book the appointment sir? 

Thank you so much for your time and help sir. 

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

A appointment is not mandatory at Chaeng Wattana immigration.

Hi @ubonjoe, I am confused too about where to go, can you enlighten me? I came in Thailand on February 20, on visa exemption. 1 month after, I got a visa extension until 19 April 2020. Since then, I did nothing.

I now have embassy letter (canada) and all documents to get a visa until November 30. Should I go to Chaeng Wattana immigration or Muang Thong Thani immigration? Or both?

Thank you very in advance! ????

12 hours ago, Mormolin said:

I now have embassy letter (canada) and all documents to get a visa until November 30. Should I go to Chaeng Wattana immigration or Muang Thong Thani immigration?

Muang Thai Thani is where you will need to go if you are living in Bangkok.

You need an appointment there. Site for them is here: http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

On 9/9/2020 at 6:11 AM, BritTim said:

The cost to get an education extension on your Non B visa entry is very high because there is no normal way of getting it done. Immigration officials at various levels and officials in the Ministry of Education need to endorse the application, as well as (fairly easy) finding a suitable school. The money you pay to the agent needs to be spread pretty wide. It is probably academic at this stage because it usually takes at least three weeks to arrange and it is only two weeks until the end of the amnesty.

We tried the ED route from single-entry non-immigrant type B that expired on amnesty (as had our work permits) but no go. Most agents contacted said it wasn't possible, then we did a couple of informal language schools / agents who thought they could handle it, but it turned out to be a waiting game for government announcements allowing to do this in country, and it never happened.

We gave up on the ED and went for a 12-month non-O extension, took less than five days to process, but it is costly (going rates 35K to 50K).

Not sure you can apply for a non-B extension without a work permit, but maybe there are special rules for ASEAN passport holders, and these are weird times.