90 Day Online Reporting situation as of 24 July 2020...totally confused now!

Can anybody give me a simple and definitive answer regarding online 90 day reporting?  I simply want to know what the online reporting timeframe is as of now 24 July?  I just tried to do online reporting today (24 July) which is within the window for the original July 31 amnesty deadline (just to play it safe) , and got the "contact Immigration" error message, so I assume it is locking out requests now that the amnesty period will be extended.

1066018598_snapshot_2020-07-24at10_09_34PM.jpg.94b49432346930a67118ff31112225ee.jpg

The official announcement made this week said that 90 day reporting was not required until Sep 26, but now I see this infographic, stating a mandatory reporting window of August 1 - 31.  Which is correct ???

176006193_snapshot_2020-07-24at9_39_08PM.jpg.1e9a580caf1e450028c6adcf00cba721.jpg

If it is Aug 1-31, what will the timeframe window for online reporting? (i.e.: the usual 5-15 days before due date)?

If it is Sep 26, what will the timeframe window be?

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just did mine at end of last week,it was approved the same day.

maybe you are not filling in the pages correctly,using the drop downs,

instead of filling in the form yourself.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

@jackdd Yes, I saw your post which is what got me stirred up. It seems there is always a contradiction when it comes to "official" immigration announcements LOL!

In that same thread you posted to, @ubonjoe (who really knows his stuff) said:

It is certainly deferred until September 26th according to what the cabinet approved.

I think the August 31st date is a suggestion for those that normally need to do 90 day reports due to being on long stay extensions.

Those the entered as tourists and on multiple entry visa can still skip them if they want to.

So, I'd take his word for it that Sep 26 os the ACTUAL deadline.  My question remains...what is the time frame window during which you can do it online?  THAT is the question I hope somebody can answer.  Is it the usual 5-15 days before the deadline???  Anybody know for sure???

•  

Edited by WaveHunter

25 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I just did mine at end of last week,it was approved the same day.

maybe you are not filling in the pages correctly,using the drop downs,

instead of filling in the form yourself.

regards worgeordie

I am filing it in correctly, and tried several times on Chrome browser, and then on Safari.  No go.  The error message I got is the one that indicates you are not within the allotted timeframe for online reporting.  Last week, it probably would have worked, but now that the Government Cabinet has officially extended the amnesty period, I guess, as of today, I am again outside of the "window" for online reporting.

577600433_snapshot_2020-07-24at10_09_34PM.jpg.9f0c4f1fc583d38d68ba9506eff603b9.jpg

So, my question is...when will the online window open up again?  5-15 days before 26 Sep, assuming this is the actual new deadline (which seems to be in question based on the "official" infographic floating around on the forum that is worded as a mandatory filing window of Aug 1 -31, shown here?

1082709973_snapshot_2020-07-24at9_39_08PM.jpg.5c38a0d23efaced5ef708ebf9d569f87.jpg

Hopefully some kind, knowledgeable soul like @ubonjoe can clarify ????

Edited by WaveHunter

6 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I think i read somewhere here on Thaivisa that if you skipped a 90 day report you need to do your next one in person. Only after you did one in person will you be able to use online reporting again. (Doing one by mail might also work, but not sure)

I think that only pertains to when you are at fault for missing the deadline.  Nobody right now is at fault due to the amnesty period being in effect.  Since the amnesty has been officially extended (whether it is to Sep 26 or August 31, one should still be able to do an online reporting; the question is...what is the timeframe when it is permissible to do it online going forward from today.

Edited by WaveHunter

11 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I think i read somewhere here on Thaivisa that if you skipped a 90 day report you need to do your next one in person. Only after you did one in person will you be able to use online reporting again. (Doing one by mail might also work, but not sure)

This is what I believe if your deadline has past you cannot do it online you have to go to immigration. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:

You're talking about an automated system and I doubt it's been reprogrammed or whatever for the amnesty and it's just following what it's been programmed to do. So if you've missed what would have been your last 90-day report the system recognizes you didn't do it and won't allow you to do it online. That's the reason a lot of people have continued filing their 90-day reports withou taking advantage of the amnesty. If you've kept to your original 90-day schedule it still works.   

Yep, I did my first one in person end of April even though there was amnesty, just to stay on the 90-day schedule. Then did my next report a couple of days ago online. Went like a charm.

If the OP's missed a 90-day report he could wait till the end of amnesty (should be no issue) or go in person if at all convenient to get the system fired up and then just stay within the 90 day window online from then on.

Edited by Why Me
  • Like 1

The way some read this is that if your 90-day report was due during the relief/amnesty period, March 26 - July 31, and you chose not to file a report, that you must file a report during the period August 1 - 31, through specified channels.  See cartoon.

As the cartoon does not list specified channels, one is left to guess/assume, and await further clarification re: in person, third-party, post, web, app (still offline).

My best guess would be that in person/third party and post would be specified channels, at a minimum. Would hope that the web, and if fixed, the app, would be acceptable but who really knows.

Edited by mtls2005

The message that comes up has nothing to do with when your 90 day reports were due. It means your record could not found.

Normally it is an error made when entering the required fields on page one. Or that system cannot connect with database it checks.

After completing the report it up to your local office to approve or disapprove your report.

The part about reporting between August 1st and 31st is apparently for those that skipped their reports. I think it is mostly for those that normally do 90 day reports that are on longstay extensions and visas (OA, Elite and etc). Those that do not normally do not them (tourists and those on multiple entry visas) can keep not doing them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is from an IO person, Chiang Mai office who, let us say, visits one of his G's at my condo. As UJ & others stated above, if you skipped a 90 day report during the extended lockdown period they want you to get back on track and file one during the Aug 1 - 31 period. 

If you cannot file online, mail or stop by in person. Aug 1 -31. Make it so.

PSS - yes they say specified channels, so double check with your I.Office if in doubt. My office states, the above methods are ok.

Edited by LomSak27

It seems to make sense that those on long stay Visas report in August so that queues in September are lighter. It would make more sense just abolishing this stupid 90 day reporting. Personally I have done my 90 day reporting in both April and July. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The message that comes up has nothing to do with when your 90 day reports were due. It means your record could not found.

Normally it is an error made when entering the required fields on page one. Or that system cannot connect with database it checks.

After completing the report it up to your local office to approve or disapprove your report.

The part about reporting between August 1st and 31st is apparently for those that skipped their reports. I think it is mostly for those that normally do 90 day reports that are on longstay extensions and visas (OA, Elite and etc). Those that do not normally do not them (tourists and those on multiple entry visas) can keep not doing them.

I am on a long-stay visa, and you are correct that I did not file on my due date which was 30 May because of the amnesty being in effect. 

Does that mean I will be unable to file online during the August 1-31 period? 

I ask only because I am a great distance from the nearest Imm office and it would take the most of a day to have to travel to & from to do it in person.  I am a little uncomfortable trusting to do it by mail. 

15 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

@jackdd Yes, I saw your post which is what got me stirred up. It seems there is always a contradiction when it comes to "official" immigration announcements LOL!

In that same thread you posted to, @ubonjoe (who really knows his stuff) said:

It is certainly deferred until September 26th according to what the cabinet approved.

I think the August 31st date is a suggestion for those that normally need to do 90 day reports due to being on long stay extensions.

Those the entered as tourists and on multiple entry visa can still skip them if they want to.

So, I'd take his word for it that Sep 26 os the ACTUAL deadline.  My question remains...what is the time frame window during which you can do it online?  THAT is the question I hope somebody can answer.  Is it the usual 5-15 days before the deadline???  Anybody know for sure???

•  

I did mine online July 21 which was 14 days prior to required date. I was approved the next day.

5 minutes ago, toolpush said:

I did mine online July 21 which was 14 days prior to required date. I was approved the next day.

Was the due date for the previous one during the amnesty period?  Mine was 30 May but I didn't do it because Imm office advised me it was unnecessary.  Now (as of yesterday) I am unable to renew online, at least so far.  I hope it is just a matter of waiting for the August 1-31 window.

15 hours ago, jackdd said:

That makes sense.  I have been reporting as normal on my due dates ( 2) throughout this Covid period and I have had no problems doing it online. 

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

In my experience the online reporting system is a bit like a lottery.

Been using it for the last 2 years. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

I successfully completed my last online report just before all this corona madness started.

In June I had to report again and using the very same info and browser nothing worked.

Unable to make it passed the first screen. Not even filled in my address info.

"Please contact your immigration office"

So I really feel it's a Thailand 4.0 thingy.

But I'm glad they made things clear now.

I will pay them a visit in person in August.

Let's see how much they will charge me this time

13 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

That makes sense.  I have been reporting as normal on my due dates ( 2) throughout this Covid period and I have had no problems doing it online. 

I think it might have been a big mistake taking the word of a Thai Imm officer back in May when I asked specifically if I needed to file the 90 day report before my May 30 deadline and was advised it was not because of the amnesty order. 

Now I am unable to file it online as I normally do.  Hoping it is just a temporary glitch and I will be able to do it sometime during August successfully. 

I mean, I was following advice of the Imm office.  I don't think I should be penalized and not able to file online now, but of course this IS Thailand and they seem to have their own way of doing things, however illogical it may sometimes seem LOL.  I just hate the idea having to waste most of a day traveling back and forth to the Imm office to do it in person. ????

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WaveHunter said:

I think it might have been a big mistake taking the word of a Thai Imm officer back in May when I asked specifically if I needed to file the 90 day report before my May 30 deadline and was advised it was not because of the amnesty order. 

Now I am unable to file it online as I normally do.  Hoping it is just a temporary glitch and I will be able to do it sometime during August successfully. 

I mean, I was following advice of the Imm office.  I don't think I should be penalized and not able to file online now, but this is Thailand so I guess it's a complete <deleted> shoot whether or not I'll have to waste a day traveling back and forth to the Imm office to do it in person. ????

The Jomtien Office seemed to be quite happy with people continuing to do their 90 day reports on their due date and by visiting the place. Although I just did it online, several of my friends did drop into Immigration to complete theirs. Looking at it now, that seems to have been a sensible move, but I know that it's not always that easy at other offices, or where it takes a long trip to get to the office.  

Just now, Pilotman said:

The Jomtien Office seemed to be quite happy with people continuing to do their 90 day reports on their due date and by visiting the place. Although I just did it online, several of my friends did drop into Immigration to complete theirs. Looking at it now, that seems to have been a sensible move, but I know that it's not always that easy at other offices, or where it takes a long trip to get to the office.  

Yeah, in retrospect I could kick myself for not just doing it online back in May LOL!

Re: Can anybody give me a simple and definitive answer regarding online 90 day reporting? 

My son I am afraid your request for a simple and definitive response is a "bridge to far to cross", without being flippant.

Like the old Naked City TV program; "There are 8 million stories in the Naked City" 

If you searched on this topic on TV you might find as many 90 day reporting OP stories as the Naked CIty.

It's comes down to a F###'ed up software solution, extremely poor user exception and error messages (mostly meaningless), a bunch on incompetent software programers, a totally useless software developers support organization, an absolutely poorly designed solution framework and an almost non-existent effective error recovery strategy; plus really poorly designed database coherence and last but no least an inferior User Interface with really restrictive control and management policies for data entry variables.   

It's obvious the software never underwent any in depth user acceptance testing in the real world.

If it ever had a set of end-user requirements (used in software engineering that specifies what the user expects the software to be able to do) they must have been written up on the back of a postage stamp.    

In non IT terms the software is a piece of <deleted>! rubbish!

Edited by berrec

Hmmm.... I was going to register the 90 days reporting.  The last time I did was 29th of April, online.

I entered the information, everything was tip top right, and all I got was this :

image.png.01f3cf4c7e3f7c1972114dece47926a1.png

BTW. Anyone who did the tm47 online, did you get the date 're-register by date' ?

I had to count the days, and waited 83 days after the last online report was done.