Pattaya is smiling again! Top end hotels at 90% capacity for long holiday weekend

rooster59

11 hours ago, johng said:

Thailand is a rich country but 1% of the population hold 80% of that wealth.

So wouldn't that make the other 99% of the population, that only holds 20% of the wealth, quite poor, collectively?  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Where does that info come from, crystal ball ?

The rush to sell their gold and other assets gives an indication that money will soon run out. 

We have all see the queues for food here.  Do you think things will improve, or get worse?    

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Leaver said:

So, if nobody said domestic Thai tourism will support the Pattaya economy

Consciously missed the point. "Reviving" means full revival. That requires international tourism, of course. Everyone knows that. Thais certainly know that. But yes, domestic tourism does support the Pattaya economy to a limited extent, as has been very much in evidence.

It's the foreign sex tourist that saw Pattaya prosper and made a lot of Thai's very rich. 

what-year-is-59f01f.jpg.0e553b1d423362da71ff7677305f6bae.jpg

The Thai's got greedy, surprise surprise, and started marketing to families and package holiday makers and everyone and anyone else they could think of

Usual bigoted bash. Merely recognized under served markets and expanded. Worked quite well. I'll give the pics again below. ????

it was still the lowest high season this past high season for western tourists.  

What year is it?

• Like 1

On 7/30/2020 at 2:49 PM, BigStar said:

Consciously missed the point. "Reviving" means full revival. That requires international tourism, of course. Everyone knows that. Thais certainly know that. But yes, domestic tourism does support the Pattaya economy to a limited extent, as has been very much in evidence.

what-year-is-59f01f.jpg.0e553b1d423362da71ff7677305f6bae.jpg

Usual bigoted bash. Merely recognized under served markets and expanded. Worked quite well. I'll give the pics again below. ????

What year is it?

You ask, "What year is it?"

Perhaps Pattaya needs to. "Return to the future."  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BigStar said:

No, I didn't. "Was" is the operative word. I showed you the "was" and now the "is." 

Nope. That demographic maxed out then declined with the GBP (Great British Peso). Other demographics rose and discovered Pattaya, the most convenient beach area near Bangkok. Private businesses made Pattaya more attractive to other demographics, as TAT pointed out. It worked. Numbers were up and revenues vastly improved, as the pics above prove beyond doubt. The old fleabag mongers couldn't possibly afford all the restos, shopping opportunities, accommodations, etc. in the new economy.

But the beach it has, tropical feel (high end tourists don't require an island) + all the rest have nonetheless been sufficient to attract high end tourists, relatively speaking, as has been shown in this very thread.

It's important for you to ignore this point but it remains true nonetheless. Most of the peanut gallery are probably aware of it, so why keep denying the obvious?

The beach isn't too bad after the refurb. Needs a bit of smoothing at the moment, but no rush nowadays. Obviously we have a lot of empty buildings at the moment for good reason but so does everywhere and there are no international tourists. It's been shown still attractive enough to domestic tourists, however. So you don't have a point.

At present, you may read thru the thread and discover that for yourself. Reminds me, yesterday I was in Central and surprised how many Thais were in there eating and shopping.

After the recovery from worldwide disaster of COVID, which will take quite a while, the same international tourists as before obviously. You've been told why numerous times and in fact you know exactly why. Telling you again would be useless. Yawn.

TAT needs to target the baked beans on toast eating tourists again, otherwise, most of the buildings in Pattaya will be vacant.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/25/2020 at 6:05 AM, Airalee said:

Yeah....I know “a guy” who stays at “unnamed hotel where the rooms cost per 20k per night“ too.

The hotels listed in the article aren’t 20k per night...

Rooms available tonight...

4D8A3812-22CF-475E-9718-2AB1908AA83D.jpeg

67480A9F-3DAB-4B98-AA24-F6C0EA468D8A.jpeg

0B979947-8F74-45A9-AE7F-7C8FB762FABD.jpeg

F50F0065-9A44-4F1E-B8B1-F6CA11377388.jpeg

Mera Mare has been 3000 baht for years........

3 hours ago, Leaver said:

Well, if no one thinks they will, and they actually don't, what's the result, 6 months on from now?  

TAT: TVF will merely attempt to reassert its brilliance by repeating the claim that it's contradicting something that the real TAT never said or even so much as implied.???? I might jump in for a few laughs again. Yeah, same ol' thing.

13 hours ago, BigStar said:

TAT: TVF will merely attempt to reassert its brilliance by repeating the claim that it's contradicting something that the real TAT never said or even so much as implied.???? I might jump in for a few laughs again. Yeah, same ol' thing.

So it's back to selling street food to domestic tourists.  The saviours of Pattaya's tourism industry.  ????

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

So it's back to selling street food to domestic tourists.  The saviours of Pattaya's tourism industry.  ????

No. Read the OP again. And already addressed earlier:

Subsequent nonsense refuted as well. We can go thru it all again if you like. We will anyway. As I said, same ol' thing.

Edited by BigStar

5 minutes ago, BigStar said:

No. Read the OP again. And already addressed earlier:

Subsequent nonsense refuted as well. We can go thru it all again if you like. We will anyway. As I said, same ol' thing.

There's big money in 30 baht bowls of noodle soup off the street.  ????