Jump to content

Pattaya is smiling again! Top end hotels at 90% capacity for long holiday weekend


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went the opposite way to Bangkok.  Hotels there didnt want my custom for less that 7000 a night (special offer.)  Now tucked up in a lovely airbnb at a 7th of the price with lots more space/facilities

Hard to believe. Streets are deserted.

The Thai tourists  are not interested in the same "entertainment" venues as foreign tourists. They stay at their hotels by the pool, and dine at  nearby restaurants. Good news for the quality establis

Posted Images

Gonna be great to so how this works out every week for the next two to three months.

 

Back to normal eh 🤣

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It is Tuesday morning now,  last day of the Sat-Tues 4-day extended long weekend. 

Weather had been excellent in Jomtien in the past 3 days.  People were everywhere in Jomtien Beach. 

There were far, far more traffic and people than the Christmas-New Year peak travel season. 

As to comparing to Songkan ?   I do not know as I have never been here during Songkan. 

 

Observe that Thai children were keen going to the sea,  not the adults. 

 

Couple of lively long weekend at least brought some life back to town in contrast to the very miserable time in beach closing for over 10 weeks.   Thai know the Thai style and Thai way.   As foreigners,  we really do not know much.  All the sarcastic comment on this thread had been far off. 

 

 

Edited by sscc
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sscc said:

It is Tuesday morning now,  last day of the Sat-Tues 4-day extended long weekend. 

Weather had been excellent in Jomtien in the past 3 days.  People were everywhere in Jomtien Beach. 

There were far, far more traffic and people than the Christmas-New Year peak travel season. 

As to comparing to Songkan ?   I do not know as I have never been here during Songkan. 

 

 

Your sure it’s busier than high season? Don’t think you,ve been here for that either

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Your sure it’s busier than high season? Don’t think you,ve been here for that either

I swam in Jomtien Beach a dozen times during Christmas-New Year peak travel season in the past 5 years.    I was swimming again in Jomtien yesterday afternoon. 

 

Can tell that you are not a beach guy going to the sea. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sscc said:

I swam in Jomtien Beach a dozen times during Christmas-New Year peak travel season in the past 5 years.    I was swimming again in Jomtien yesterday afternoon. 

 

Can tell that you are not a beach guy going to the sea. 

 Ok the beach’s are open! Try swimming in a nice hotel pool now , that’s if you can find one open! 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder how they get these % from ? Playing with dices / cards or fortune teller ?

Most Thais are (running) out of money by now and are very desperate, they are surely not in the fabricated 4,56 million registered for the we travel together campaign.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Olmate said:

 Ok the beach’s are open! Try swimming in a nice hotel pool now , that’s if you can find one open! 

Lots of hotels are open now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, newnative said:

Lots of hotels are open now.

I love just off Klang,must be twenty 3/4 star within 1/2 k of me,all closed still

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, sscc said:

It is Tuesday morning now,  last day of the Sat-Tues 4-day extended long weekend. 

Weather had been excellent in Jomtien in the past 3 days.  People were everywhere in Jomtien Beach. 

There were far, far more traffic and people than the Christmas-New Year peak travel season. 

As to comparing to Songkan ?   I do not know as I have never been here during Songkan. 

 

Observe that Thai children were keen going to the sea,  not the adults. 

 

Couple of lively long weekend at least brought some life back to town in contrast to the very miserable time in beach closing for over 10 weeks.   Thai know the Thai style and Thai way.   As foreigners,  we really do not know much.  All the sarcastic comment on this thread had been far off. 

 

 

so all pattayas / jomtiems financial troubles are ended just go,es to show how right tat  was in targeting " high end" chinese and indian tourists,its obvious the former influxes of farangs contributions to the economy were an urban myth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Olmate said:

I love just off Klang,must be twenty 3/4 star within 1/2 k of me,all closed still

point of order old boy,the posts about the finances of pattaya and not your love life in the back streets of pattaya klang.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kingdong said:

so all pattayas / jomtiems financial troubles are ended just go,es to show how right tat  was in targeting " high end" chinese and indian tourists,its obvious the former influxes of farangs contributions to the economy were an urban myth.

 

If you have the solution to rid of Pattaya/Jomtien financial trouble,  the authorities would surely love to meet up and immediately present to  20-Year Thai Elite Visa card to you. 

 

Farang contribution to the Pattaya economy had been of course significant for many decades. 

Since the opening of the Central Festivals-Hilton Hotel Complex,  they have intentionally and gradurally heading for a change of visitor demographic and nationality.  ( I wrote about this 2-Day ago,  you can turned back the pages to search ) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sscc said:

 

If you have the solution to rid of Pattaya/Jomtien financial trouble,  the authorities would surely love to meet up and immediately present to  20-Year Thai Elite Visa card to you. 

 

 

open the airport so punters could actually visit would be a start.ban sponsoring,its putting them on a pedestal so they get lairy and don,t want to shake their money makers,just sit there all night trying to ponce lady drinks.devalue the baht an attraction pf pattaya used to be cheap booze,with the current rate of exchange you,re paying london pub prices.hope this helps out and look foreward to copping my thai elite card.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...