Jump to content
BANGKOK
snowgard

Customs auction of luxury cars

Recommended Posts

Looking at the PDF, there are some pretty good Starting prices (depending on mileage and condition) compared to asking prices on one2 car and Kaidee.  The only problem is that you will be bidding against dealers who know what the true market values of the cars actually are.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Airalee said:

The only problem is that you will be bidding against dealers who know what the true market values of the cars actually are.

Right, but the most dealers have their places full of cars because the business run bad. And who want take a bigger bank credit if you don't know when you can pay it back? 🙂

So the chances to get a "cheap luxury car" are much more better as before.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, snowgard said:

Right, but the most dealers have their places full of cars because the business run bad. And who want take a bigger bank credit if you don't know when you can pay it back? 🙂

So the chances to get a "cheap luxury car" are much more better as before.

Sure....there are better deals now, but going off the prices listed for cars such as the Bentley Vantage and Continentals, there is a TON of money to be made on a quick flip.  Even the SLK 230 at ฿186k is less than 1/3 of the asking prices on all the used car sites.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if any inspections are allowed in regards to being able to check engine compression, vehicle alignment, ablility to check for serious frame damage etc.

 

Are there such things are getting  a dealer to buy by proxy for the average person?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There seem to be a lot of --"You just Take over the payments" cars on face book at the moment, Covid = no work I guess.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prices certainly look too cheap to be true. Is there import duty and vat on top? No blue book, how do you get it registered?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still, I would like to know what the Porsche 911s, Aston Martin and Nissan GTRs sell for. Being at present abroad for medical treatment, I am unable to attend the auction this year. Maybe next years.

 

If any of you you decide to attend the auction, kindly let me know the sale prices. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems to be a lot of 6 series bmw's and cl 500 mercedes.  Parts are probably a big issue for these and all the other cars which appear to be black market imports who skipped paying the tax.  Are these cars full of issues so that's why they are not in the hands of the customs officers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why some cars are so old already?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apart from the Aston Martin the rest are far too old to bother !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that a 13m Maybach bottom right of the red Fezza .. I may be back for that one .. a lot of the rest look a bit ropy .. and there's usually loads of hassle to get cars sold in these kind of auctions registered and some insurance companies look very closely at covering these motors ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2020 at 7:21 AM, Airalee said:

Looking at the PDF, there are some pretty good Starting prices (depending on mileage and condition) compared to asking prices on one2 car and Kaidee.  The only problem is that you will be bidding against dealers who know what the true market values of the cars actually are.

Just an example of how much of a rip off these cars are..USD$32.000 =THB M1.006.000

https://www.autoblog.com/cars-for-sale-detail-6053676927653929280-Maybach-62-2004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...