BANGKOK
zzzzz

Koh Lanta

Can someone IN KOH LANTA, if ur not, dont reply

give some info

Am thinking of heading down tomorrow for a few days form Phuket.Are there resorts,bungalows open on the main beaches.

Klong Nin Beach, Klong Khong Beach

Restaurants open in Saladin?

according to booking.com they ALL are, which I doubt very much.

Thanks

++
this i know, hence reason am asking if someone is in Lanta an knows

3 hours ago, dimitriv said:

Be very careful with booking.com. Some time ago I booked there, but when we arrived the hotel was closed. I couldn't even open the front door.

This was after booking, paying and receiving a confirmation with the check-in time.

I got my money back, but it took me hours on the phone talking to clueless client service.

The same happened to me, was driving from the South to Bangkok and I booked a hotel for the night through booking.com and I turned up and they said they were closed, they wouldn't refund me and I had to go through booking.com which took ages! 

@zzzzz I am not on Koh Lanta now, but I lived there for 7 years before so I have a lot of friends with businesses there (mostly in Klong Nin and Kantiang). I can't say much for Saladan, but I know that a few places are starting to reopen now in Klong Nin/Kantiang, but it is certainly very quiet at the moment. I have friends with bars/restaurants/hotels that have just recently reopened during the past few weeks. I also have friends who are waiting longer to reopen. So if you go, I would say either contact a hotel directly to book or turn up and find something, expect a lot of places to be closed, but there will be some open too. I hope that helps a bit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In this time, it's probably best to directly contact any hotel before proceeding with an online reservation.

• Like 1

Yes contact the Hotel directly or for local attractions try a search for the number of the local tourist police office. 

Is Ko Lanta worth the hassle to get there, isn't it a few hours on a ferry from Phuket? If so, what is the best area to stay? Thanks

1 hour ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Is Ko Lanta worth the hassle to get there, isn't it a few hours on a ferry from Phuket? If so, what is the best area to stay? Thanks

It’s a very short and cheap ferry (car) ride from the mainland and now a road bridge after that to the main island . I’ve always stayed at Klong Dao beach as it’s just 5 mins south of Saladan,the main town so easy to get there for restaurants etc. and the beach itself is reasonable by comparison. Never been other than in November and February,nor during this epidemic. It’s quiet even then and weather at this time of year is not the best. 

4 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

It’s a very short and cheap ferry (car) ride from the mainland and now a road bridge after that to the main island 

Sorry, not clear. How long does it take on a ferry from Phuket pier to Ko lanta island (I won't have a car)

Will look at that beach. It would be October when I go, which I know could still mean some rain?

6 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Sorry, not clear. How long does it take on a ferry from Phuket pier to Ko lanta island (I won't have a car)

Will look at that beach. It would be October when I go, which I know could still mean some rain?

11 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Sorry,misunderstood,but I have done the ride from Phuket to Lanta on foot passenger ferry about 2 hours ride unless you go on more expensive speedboat (I wouldn’t). But unless you are in Phuket already, going from Krabi is better. Once at Saladan pier you can get a 'Sam lor' 3 wheel motorcycle to Klong dao quite cheaply. Given the time of year you’re going  I would definitely stay there and explore the coastline and beaches heading south hiring a bike or car. Getting Sam lors is the main taxi option and far cheaper than Phuket. 

• Like 1

No ferry from Phuket to Lanta in these days, who knows now about October ?

Prior to the Chinese Virus you had to change boat in PP, long and boring trip.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

A little hard to say what things will look like in October of this year, the ferry's often run to meet the demand, if not many people around maybe no direct ferry, you may have to go to PhiPhi then wait 2-3 hours or next day for a boat on to Koh Lanta.

On 7/26/2020 at 12:33 PM, Keyser Soze666 said:

I loved Lanta, the only reason I moved was because I was pregnant and our business was heavily reliant on the tourism and the very unpredictable high season. Saying that, it isn't for everyone and every beach has such a different 'vibe' - generally speaking, west side north is busier/south quieter, east side is all local businesses/mangroves etc, except for old town which is an interesting sea gypsy, old port town with lots of handicrafts. I'm planning on going back for a visit in August, so I will update this topic then with what it is like there there at the moment if anyone is interested.

From Phuket you can take a passenger boat during high season that goes to Lanta, it takes about 3-4 hrs and sometimes you have to change boat (in the middle of the ocean) near Koh Phi Phi. If you drive from Phuket it's quite a long way, you have to go down past Krabi and then across on the car ferry, probably around 6-7 hours for the whole trip.

16 minutes ago, fin5prtw said:

I loved Lanta, the only reason I moved was because I was pregnant and our business was heavily reliant on the tourism and the very unpredictable high season. Saying that, it isn't for everyone and every beach has such a different 'vibe' - generally speaking, west side north is busier/south quieter, east side is all local businesses/mangroves etc, except for old town which is an interesting sea gypsy, old port town with lots of handicrafts. I'm planning on going back for a visit in August, so I will update this topic then with what it is like there there at the moment if anyone is interested.

From Phuket you can take a passenger boat during high season that goes to Lanta, it takes about 3-4 hrs and sometimes you have to change boat (in the middle of the ocean) near Koh Phi Phi. If you drive from Phuket it's quite a long way, you have to go down past Krabi and then across on the car ferry, probably around 6-7 hours for the whole trip.

Six hours from Phuket? My GPS says it is about a six hour drive to the ferry from Prajuib.

• Haha 1