BANGKOK
zzzzz

Koh Lanta

On 7/25/2020 at 1:46 PM, zzzzz said:

Can someone IN KOH LANTA, if ur not, dont reply

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I was in Koh Lanta on 21st and 22nd June this year. The place was DEAD. Some resorts open but very few (I stayed at Blue Andaman resort - bungalows, pool and right on the beach). Some restaurants open but very few. It was miserable and sad to see the situation. The only highlight was that The Irish Embassy Pub was open (and busiest place). Great food, drink and a warm welcome from Jamie and his staff. I expect that more places are now open. Can you post a trip report of your experiences here please? 

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Like 1

There are quite a few hotel and apartment buy to let businesses in real trouble. Inc famous Swedish resort where owners haven't seen  rental income from last season and the owner hasn't returned emails in months. Sad times in koh lanta 

• Sad 1

On 7/28/2020 at 9:32 PM, fin5prtw said:

If you drive from Phuket it's quite a long way, you have to go down past Krabi and then across on the car ferry, probably around 6-7 hours for the whole trip.

Your laughing reaction is not particularly helpful. It was a serious question / comment, as I am planning to drive down from the North very soon. My GPS routing software is usually pretty accurate about estimating drive times. Are you saying this is not the case in this instance? Anyone done the drive from Hua Hin or Phrajuib to the Lanta ferry? Would like to get an idea of the drive time involved. TIA.