Second Stimulus Check nonfilers on SS/VA Benefits

Both the House and the Senate are now in recess until September without passing a stimulus bill after weeks-long negotiations between the Trump administration and Democrats broke down. If there is a deal on the stimulus, however, members will have 24-hour notice to return for votes.

Later in the day, Trump said at a press conference from his Bedminster club in New Jersey that he would meet with Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer when the time is right, but insisted that Americans can "happily live with or without" another congressional stimulus bill despite the fact that many Americans have relied on the government assistance after the economy was upended by the coronavirus pandemic.

When a reporter asked the President why he has not met with the top Democratic congressional leadership, he responded, "When it's right I'll meet, but right now it's not right."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/15/politics/pelosi-stalemate-stimulus-talks/index.html

Uh huh....

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2020 at 9:55 AM, DerekJ said:

They finally got back to work on the stimulus check last night and it’ll be September now. 

Looks like your dream of a 2nd stimulus check is coming to an end....if the GOP's "skinny bill" makes it through the Congress.

[GOP skinny bill: Does not include money for a second round of direct stimulus checks to Americans.]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/stimulus-here-s-what-s-in-the-gop-s-skinny-bill/ar-BB18PRUi

23 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Looks like your dream of a 2nd stimulus check is coming to an end....if the GOP's "skinny bill" makes it through the Congress.

[GOP skinny bill: Does not include money for a second round of direct stimulus checks to Americans.]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/stimulus-here-s-what-s-in-the-gop-s-skinny-bill/ar-BB18PRUi

Oh yeah and skinny bill is dead as of today old news. It’s the HEROS ACT. 

Edited by DerekJ
On 9/9/2020 at 9:20 AM, Berkshire said:

Not the heroes but another one that was introduced and it’s not the skinny bill either. 

4 hours ago, DerekJ said:

Oh yeah and skinny bill is dead as of today old news. It’s the HEROS ACT. 

There is still stimulus but some news agencies are trying to make it sound like maybe there’s not before the election but they are still negotiating stimulus checks as well as everything else it’s still in there I’m listening to it now. But it’s both Pelosi and McConnell slowing it down especially McConnell. 

I don’t know now it looks like it’s now it looks like stimulus is not in the bill today but Trump wants to do it by executive order soon. But I thought he couldn’t without Congress. I know how I already voted absentee ballot regardless of what that guy does..... 

A 2nd stimulus payment appears to be dead in the water until "possibility" after the election.   Current occupants of the White House & Congress can't come to an agreement...can't even get close right now. 

No one should be holding their breath for another $1200 stimulus payment....nor believing many click bait Youtube videos that say some late breaking development means a 2nd stimulus has just been approved, just around the corner, order your new smartphone now, etc.   Gosh, so many of the Youtube videos will say anything to get you to watch them, like them, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 9/16/2020 at 12:02 PM, andy said:

Yeah, I hear it's included in that new bill that will break up the big bank cartel, increase taxes for the rich, and provide universal health care... ????

well great news now ???? it’s tied to the airlines and if they don’t do it the airline will collapse. The vote is coming next week about two day then the president signs in 3 days and then about 10 days afterwards we’ll see another $2400 check $1200 if you are single. Now they pretty much have to do it regardless of the election even. They can’t very well bail out the airlines and not everyone else they made stay home for months but it’s happening and we will receive stimulus checks in mid October or sooner. 

6 hours ago, DerekJ said:

well great news now ???? it’s tied to the airlines and if they don’t do it the airline will collapse. The vote is coming next week about two day then the president signs in 3 days and then about 10 days afterwards we’ll see another $2400 check $1200 if you are single. Now they pretty much have to do it regardless of the election even. They can’t very well bail out the airlines and not everyone else they made stay home for months but it’s happening and we will receive stimulus checks in mid October or sooner. 

Maybe time to adjust your medication (again).

9 hours ago, DerekJ said:

The vote is coming next week about two day then the president signs in 3 days and then about 10 days afterwards we’ll see another $2400 check $1200 if you are single. Now they pretty much have to do it regardless of the election even.

Hmm, I regularly scan WaPo and NYT, never saw mention of this. Some chatter about extending jobless benefits, nothing else.

DerekJ never gives a reference for his updates/posts about a 2nd stimulus check being just days/weeks away.   Probably getting his info from daily clickbait Youtube videos which have been proclaiming new deal reached!!!....stimulus bill to be signed within days!!!....etc....etc....etc.....for months now.   Click bait Youtube videos will say anything to get a person to watch the video even for a few seconds just to increase the video's view count. 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, andy said:

A few stimulus check threads on reddit are seeing people losing it, as it seems that between the political implications of the death of Ginsburg, along with the possibility of another gov shutdown, the chances of seeing a 2nd check in 2020 are even smaller now.  No, reddit is not an official source by any means, but it is hard to argue with this outlook at the moment. 

Still hoping DerekJ is somehow correct and we do get a 2nd check, but won't be holding my breath...????

For sure now there will be no new stimulus check package with the death of Ginsburg. No miracles of Xmas gift this time, sorry.

Partial quote of a 1 Oct TheHill news article.  A 2nd stimulus package is like a car stuck in the mud....it's just spinning its wheels and throwing mud every where.   No one sure plan on a 2nd stimulus payment coming in time to pay for Christmas presents.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/519253-house-approves-22t-covid-19-relief-bill-as-white-house-talks-stall

House Democrats on Thursday approved a massive, $2.2 trillion package of coronavirus relief, lending political cover to party centrists in tough races while putting fresh pressure on Senate Republicans to move another round of emergency aid before the coming elections.

The vote arrived only after last-ditch negotiations between Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin on Thursday failed to yield a bipartisan agreement — and it sent a signal that the prospects for such a deal before Nov. 3 have dimmed considerably.

Every Republican voted no, saying the spending levels were too high and the funding targeted certain programs unrelated to the coronavirus crisis.

The legislation has no chance of becoming law for the time being.

Republicans in the Senate and White House both oppose the measure and are backing a proposal that is $600 billion less than the Democratic legislation. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/519845-trump-orders-aides-to-halt-talks-on-covid-19-relief

President Trump said Tuesday that he has instructed his top aides to stop negotiating with Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on future coronavirus stimulus legislation until after the November election, a risky move just weeks before voters head to the polls.

Trump, who is himself currently being treated for COVID-19, accused Pelosi in a series of tweets Tuesday afternoon of "not negotiating in good faith" and seeking "bailouts" for states he says are poorly run by Democratic officials.

"I have instructed my representatives to stop negotiating until after the election when, immediately after I win, we will pass a major Stimulus Bill that focuses on hardworking Americans and Small Business," Trump tweeted.

The message marked a sharp reversal for the president, who just three days earlier had urged leaders of both parties to come together to finalize an agreement that can hit his desk before the Nov. 3 elections.

• Haha 1