5 minutes ago, Logosone said:

What's your point?

No point your highness

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Logosone said:

Gold fell from 1960 to 1940.

It's something. 

Then it went back up.

A consolidation around this level would be welcome.

The next step will depend on the size of the relief package Congress is going to vote...the bigger the better...for gold, that is...

• Like 1

On 7/25/2020 at 11:40 PM, LivinLOS said:

Will gold go up ? anyone who says they know is lying, correct bets on things like this make billionaires.. My bet is we will soon see new usd highs, then a breakthrough into the low 2k and in the next 18 - 24 months maybe even work into the mid 2k range. If all the forces that are possible combine, gold could be 3 - 5k USD this decade.. It could also be 12 or 1300 again, thats the beauty of markets. 

I expect silver to break the mid 20s resistance inside 6 - 12 months and be 30s in the next <24 months.. 50 will be big psychological resistance as that is the rim of that long term cup, but a break past 50 ?? 80 ?? 100 ?? 150 ?? Measured in very long terms, centuries and millennia, silver is as cheap as it has been in 1000s of years. 

On, and in, the money so far.. 😉 

Buy Apple or Facebook stock.

Gold is useless.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

Buy Apple or Facebook stock.

Gold is useless.

Wow

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

Wow

Yes thanks.

That is what I am saying as I have seen my investment in those companies triple over the past several years.

23 hours ago, Brunolem said:

"If all the forces that are possible combine, gold could be 3 - 5k USD this decade."

I see gold going way beyond 5K by the end of this decade, because most Western currencies, starting with the USD, are in the final phase leading to their intrinsic value, which is...zero!

I really don't understand how the US can just print and print money without losing value. If every country print more money, nobody needs to work anymore.

On 7/26/2020 at 5:40 AM, LivinLOS said:

My bet is we will soon see new usd highs, then a breakthrough into the low 2k and in the next 18 - 24 months maybe even work into the mid 2k range.

I think history shows that when the dollar rises, gold price decreases in US currency, and vice versa.

So both increasing at the same time would be exceptional.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Yes thanks.

That is what I am saying as I have seen my investment in those companies triple over the past several years.

All good bad things come to an end. Maybe you should consider a trim, at least?

Edited by nauseus

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Susco said:

I think history shows that when the dollar rises, gold price decreases in US currency, and vice versa.

So both increasing at the same time would be exceptional.

But it's been happening on some days recently. Exceptional times.

Edited by nauseus

1 hour ago, warcy said:

I really don't understand how the US can just print and print money without losing value. If every country print more money, nobody needs to work anymore.

But it is losing value, a lot! 

Since the creation of the Fed, a little more than a hundred years ago, the dollar has lost 98% of its value against gold, and in purchasing power. 

What keeps the dollar going is that it is the world reserve currency, and notably the currency used to buy and sell oil. 

But more and more countries are getting fed up with the US abuse of its privilege, and the pressure is growing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brunolem said:

But it is losing value, a lot! 

Since the creation of the Fed, a little more than a hundred years ago, the dollar has lost 98% of its value against gold, and in purchasing power. 

What keeps the dollar going is that it is the world reserve currency, and notably the currency used to buy and sell oil. 

But more and more countries are getting fed up with the US abuse of its privilege, and the pressure is growing. 

Why must people buy oil using US dollar? Can't they just buy using the currency of the seller? eg. Saudi Arabian money

What do you mean by world reserve currency?

• Sad 2