Video shows how coronavirus has left parts of Koh Samui deserted

rooster59

1 hour ago, madmen said:

Unless the locals are walking around in lynch mobs how would you know they are " giving off the impression the situation is our fault"? 

One idiot health Minister makes a stupid comment and TV members still running with it months later 

And rightly so! He didn't just make one stupid comment - he made a few, and IMHO, the man is a disgrace, so yes, I for one am still "running with it months later". I don't want people to forget the racist comments that someone in such a high position in the Government can get away with making.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terryofcrete said:

I could watch a video of the Taximen sitting around the corners in Lamai with no fares all day and weep with joy ! The disgraceful prices they were allowed to charge prevented me and many others from exploring the lovely island , lovelier away from the drab and sometimes dirty resorts in the absence of an honest and reliable songthaew service. 

I have always found the songthaew service honest, but sometimes as you say, unreliable. But under the present circumstances, who can blame them for not driving round the island all day using gasoline, and only getting the occasional fare, which to be fair, I always found "fair"!!!

6 minutes ago, sambum said:

And rightly so! He didn't just make one stupid comment - he made a few, and IMHO, the man is a disgrace, so yes, I for one am still "running with it months later". I don't want people to forget the racist comments that someone in such a high position in the Government can get away with making.

No one is going to forget what was said , no need to keep going on about it all the time , its does get rather repetitive keep reading references to what he he said 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Corona virus did not do this to Ko Samui, people (the international "health" authorities led by Neil Ferguson and Imperial College and Anthony Fauci head of the U.S. National Health Institute) did it in response to an as yet unidentifed cold/flu virus.

Edited by Shaunduhpostman
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, DGS1244 said:

OK what time of day was this video made? looks like around 6 am, Burger King etc. are all closed by the looks of it. This area is quite anyway at that time of day. Would really help if people were a little more forthcoming on their information.

I think Burger King is closed, no tourists to eat there.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wmlc said:

So don’t wear your mask when you go outside and don’t wash your hands. You would not feel the same if you were in the ICU on your death bed. Then your tune would change. Sorry to say but people who think Covid 19 is some kind of conspiracy to control the worlds’ population, need to give their head a shake. Can you provide at least one piece of credible evidence to support this?

I don't wear a mask and don't wash my hands often, same in BKK and same here in the UK, guess what I'm still here. You are assuming that covid-19 is lurking everywhere, well, it's not. Data is provided everyday in the UK on the current infections for every post code and area in the country, where I live it's minimal, more chance of being knocked over by a car.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

It would be a great time to do some road repair and bury all those cables before Bill Gates sees them.

And that's exactly what is done at the moment, and that's way the road looks so uneven due to the work for underground cables, until a new tarmac layer might come on top, when underground cable work is finished...????

• Like 1

22 hours ago, samsensam said:

another pointless post about a tourist resort in thailand being deserted and the subsequent hardship being experienced by the locals. what do you expect if foreign tourists are not allowed to enter the country?!

Even if borders are opened, international travel is allowed the entry requirements of each receiving country will stifle any movement in great numbers.

Just imagine travel from Europe to Thailand is allowed, but you have to have around 10 different travel documents all arranged days before departure for each person, certificates including Covid tests, fit to fly to insurance cover, to embassy letters and so on.

Then the flight costs are increasing, travel plans are difficult, maybe some kind of quarantine..

Forget it, people will travel domestically for the next few years, with mass travel taking a decade or more to get back to normality.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Even if borders are opened, international travel is allowed the entry requirements of each receiving country will stifle any movement in great numbers.

Just imagine travel from Europe to Thailand is allowed, but you have to have around 10 different travel documents all arranged days before departure for each person, certificates including Covid tests, fit to fly to insurance cover, to embassy letters and so on.

Then the flight costs are increasing, travel plans are difficult, maybe some kind of quarantine..

Forget it, people will travel domestically for the next few years, with mass travel taking a decade or more to get back to normality.

Domestic travel can also be restricted with local lockdowns and quarantine being imposed of destinations nearer to home, Spain for example.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, samsensam said:

another pointless post about a tourist resort in thailand being deserted and the subsequent hardship being experienced by the locals. what do you expect if foreign tourists are not allowed to enter the country?!

this could be any street in chiangmai or anywhere in thailand

• Like 1

Watching these thing make me hardly believe that 90% ( as written here last week) of the Thai would not have the tourists come back. This emptiness in the whole travel and tourist industries has a bad effect on millions of peoples.

Let us hope that the vaccine they talked about yesterday on the news would really work and be ready half 2021.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foexie said:

Watching these thing make me hardly believe that 90% ( as written here last week) of the Thai would not have the tourists come back. This emptiness in the whole travel and tourist industries has a bad effect on millions of peoples.

Let us hope that the vaccine they talked about yesterday on the news would really work and be ready half 2021.

much to late for any tourist business in thailand, if they do not accept foreign tourist in december 60 % will be gone already 30 to 35 % has closed business

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, wazzupnow said:

much to late for any tourist business in thailand, if they do not accept foreign tourist in december 60 % will be gone already 30 to 35 % has closed business

Time is running for these resorts, it need high season, but how many will come even with no restrictions.

• Like 2

It’s not just Samui took a walk around the town centre on Koh Phangan last night was amazed to see shops closed up with for rent signs on them can only think the local resorts must also be living on a knife edge and it looks like there will be no e d for at least the next few months ☹️

• Like 1

Well hopefully they will realise just how important the tourists are and stop all the scams. Thai prices and Falang prices for starters. But more than likely they will increase the prices and try an recoup their lost income. Mind you it is nice not to see all those tourist vans racing around like their in whacky races. No sympathy for the Tuk tuk mafia in Phuket either, one of the biggest rip offs on the island. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ajarnmarc said:

and the local are anything but friendly.

Have not lived on Samui for a few years but back then there were very few "locals". What you are referring to were immigrants from the rest of Thailand that try to make a living there.