TVMucho changes

madmitch

6 hours ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, that's exactly how I use TVMucho.

I like to browse the program guide and watch anything that looks interesting.

If the random catchup is disabled meaning I need to select what I'm going to watch ahead of time then it's Mucho bye-bye.

I think most of us use the catchup function because of the time difference.

My subscription expires in December, so I have a few months to give it a try.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, petedk said:

I think most of us use the catchup function because of the time difference.

My subscription expires in December, so I have a few months to give it a try.

Yeah, mine runs out in December too.

We shall see.

There seems very little detail in either of the emails I have received as to how this 'Later' cloud recording app is supposed to work. Will have to see from tomorrow I suppose, if you can't schedule recordings of future programmes it will be useless I fear. A real shame as like most people here I us the catchup 'Guide' to browse programmes from previous days for something to watch. My subscription expires next month, I probably won't renew.

• Like 1

For those interested who don't subscribe here are the two mails I received:-

Dear XXXXX,

Have we got some important news for you! This Monday 27th July your TVMucho membership will change. Please take a few moments to read this email.

Record All replaced with Personal Cloud Video Recording

Most of you are familiar with our Record All service. Unfortunately, under intense pressure from select players within the broadcasting industry, we must discontinue this service.

As a result, we are upgrading you free-of-charge to our new personal cloud video recording app called Later, for one year. The normal retail price of €5 euro monthly / €60 euro annually will be waived - free - for 12 months. Through our partnership with Later, you can record and store up to 250 items (movies, series, etc.) indefinitely, building up your own personal library of your favorite movies, documentaries, series, shows and more to watch whenever you want, as often as you want, forever.

TVMucho hosted by PZAZ

TVMucho.com and PZAZ.tv have joined forces to provide a comprehensive network of integrated services and applications that will better serve you, our valued customers.

From Monday 27th July 2020, your account membership will switch to PZAZ Universal membership. The service and billing agreement, however, will continue with TVMucho SL. Having PZAZ Universal membership means you can access other services with the same account. We assure you that our TVMucho pricing, product and support remain unchanged, and we intend to continue improving our offerings going forward.

PZAZ is similar to ROKU, Apple TV or Amazon, but unlike these providers, PZAZ does not tie you into a contact or require you to buy and install hardware. PZAZ’s TV a-la-carte service allows you to choose from a wide variety of live TV, movies, radio and music. You will notice that the interface, while similar to TVMucho, has been refreshed, incorporating many tweaks to make finding and watching great TV even easier.

*NEW - Free To Air Collective Community Interest Company

We expats and travellers have a legal right to watch the Free To Air (FTA) TV channels broadcast from our home nations. However, the broadcasting industry increasingly views FTA TV as a threat, and is seemingly doing everything within its power to prevent people from watching TV abroad. It's time to make a change and we hope you will support us.

We recently launched the UK-based not-for-profit CIC (Community Interest Company), The FreeToAir Collective, to create a political block to lobby and fight for our rights to receive FTA TV. Select players within the broadcasting Industry are working hard to dismantle FTA TV via satellite, despite being instigated in law in 1993 so that anyone could watch TV from their home nation, wherever they are in the world. If we allow the industry to press ahead unchallenged, soon there will be nothing left but pirate services, which benefits nobody.

Please visit www.freetoair.tv to learn more about your legal rights, sign up as a supporter https://freetoair.tv/sign-up-form/ and help us fight for our right to access public TV channels from our home nations, wherever we are in the world. Our promise; it’s forever free and we will never Spam you. We will, however, keep you up to date on the fight for our right to FTV TV, as well as asking for your opinion on important things relating to FTA TV via an occasional survey. (You can opt out at any time.)

If you have any questions, concerns or remarks about the matters discussed in this email please, do not hesitate to reach out via [email protected].

I wish to thank you for your continued support.

Best wishes,

cb91c9b9c2f3a04d6701bfb6a6cf25a0b1e28279

Vincent Weberink
CEO

Dear XXXXX,

Yesterday I wrote to you about several important changes that will happen to your TVMucho membership this coming Monday 27th July. To recap, those changes are:

• TVMucho.com and PZAZ.tv have joined forces. Your TVMucho account will switch to PZAZ, though your service and billing agreement will continue with TVMucho.
  • Our Record All service is being discontinued. You will be upgraded free-of-charge to our new personal cloud video recording app called Later, for one year.
  • We have launched the UK-based not-for-profit FreeToAir Collective, to create a political block to lobby and fight for our rights to receive FTA TV.

In case you missed it, you can read my original email in full here: tvmucho.com/importantchanges2020

We are making these changes as a result of increased pressure from select players within the broadcasting industry. Believe it or not, despite it being your legal right to watch the Free To Air (FTA) TV channels broadcast from your home nation, some broadcasters see the law as a threat and are working hard to dismantle FTA TV. Please visit www.freetoair.tv to sign up as a supporter and help us fight for our right to access public TV channels from our home nations, wherever we are in the world.

Following my previous email, we’ve received plenty of questions relating to the Later personal cloud video recording service which will soon replace Record All. For the benefit of everyone, I’ve provided more information on the Later service below:

• The Later personal cloud video recording service is offered to you free-of-charge for one year. You can record over two hundred and fifty items with Later and store them indefinitely, for as long as your subscription is active.
  • Your Later subscription will not auto-renew; it will automatically expire after twelve months, and you will not be billed unless you wish to continue. We will reach out to you by email before your subscription expires to ask whether you want to renew.
  • You do not have to sign-up for, install or download anything.
  • If you only watch Live TV, don’t worry, nothing has changed for you.

We had to act fast in this instance because our Record All service was being compared with CatchUp services provided by broadcasters. In the meantime, rest assured we are working hard to obtain special agreements, allowing us to provide CatchUp functionality or similar with select broadcasters. We are also working on a Remind Me service that will notify you whenever a broadcast is due to start, so you never have to worry about missing your favourite TV.

If you have any questions, concerns or remarks about the matters discussed in this email, do not hesitate to reach out via [email protected].

Best wishes,

cb91c9b9c2f3a04d6701bfb6a6cf25a0b1e28279

Vincent Weberink
      CEO

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, that's exactly how I use TVMucho.

I like to browse the program guide and watch anything that looks interesting.

If the random catchup is disabled meaning I need to select what I'm going to watch ahead of time then it's Mucho bye-bye.

just download the torrents - sites like, TV Chaos, Torrenting, X Speeds etc have loads of uk tv choice - download and what when convenient..... oh and its free....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, piston broke said:

" building up your own personal library of your favorite movies, documentaries, series, shows and more to watch whenever you want "

They're living on planet Zog - who the hell will record and save an episode of say Coronation St, to watch the next day - and then yern to watch it again a few months later,  <deleted> .....

It was good, but now pants - i for one will be out the door once my subscription due ......

I'm wondering if you can delete the programs you save to make room for new ones. If that is the case, then it should be ok

Help me out here chaps, what is the difference looking back and seeing what programs you want to watch, or looking at forthcoming programs to see which programs to record and then watch, surely it's broad as it's long?

Hopefully we will be able to delete these programs when watched.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vogie said:

Help me out here chaps, what is the difference looking back and seeing what programs you want to watch, or looking at forthcoming programs to see which programs to record and then watch,

Just a wild guess..........convenience?

Another alternative - for the €5/month price of TVMucho as mentioned above (or less, depending on the length of subscription) you could get a subscription to a decent VPN that would allow you to use BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub etc with their built-in catch up services.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
      • Like 1
      • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Another alternative - for the €5/month price of TVMucho as mentioned above (or less, depending on the length of subscription) you could get a subscription to a decent VPN that would allow you to use BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub etc with their built-in catch up services.

Indeed, but it is really nice to have all the available choices on one screen. 

It's that "convenience" thing again. We have been terribly spoiled.

• Like 2

Just tried TVmucho. 

OMG! There is a lot of tidying up to do.

On the login screen I couldn't see the characters that I typed in. I couldn't see the difference "login" button and the "cancel" button. In fact in many screens it was impossible to read the text.

I guess this is just a case of changing the font colour.

"Schedule" was almost impossible to find out. You have to go to the channel then pick a date and time. No nice schedule format like it it used to be.

I tried to set record later and save to the cloud. That seems to work, but of course I can't check yet. Also, I have no idea how to retrieve from the cloud.

Oh the "icons" of the TV programs are ENORMOUS.

And - yes, catch up has gone!

Let's hope they address these issues. 

Edit: Ok I have just tried on my notebook. It looks completely different. Actually, not so different from the old style. The above comments are regarding the app on my Android box. Maybe they will update it.

Edited by petedk
      • Like 1

I used to use tvmucho but went over to teatimetv..........okay its 600/month but has a user friendly interface and catchup

Only snag is no sky tv.............probably why they are still up and running............my hunch is these are the old Thaiexpattv guys who got closed down a few years ago as the interface is exactly the same

One good thing is you can pay monthly

http://www.teatimetv.to/#download

15 minutes ago, thaiflyer1 said:

I used to use tvmucho but went over to teatimetv..........okay its 600/month but has a user friendly interface and catchup

Only snag is no sky tv.............probably why they are still up and running............my hunch is these are the old Thaiexpattv guys who got closed down a few years ago as the interface is exactly the same

One good thing is you can pay monthly

http://www.teatimetv.to/#download

I have just been looking at Britshtv website. They seem to have a lot more channels and catch up.

They have an offer of 48GBP per year if I order within the next 6 hours.

They also have a monthly payment scheme.

I am tempted, but I am afraid it is one of those sites that will be closed down very quickly.

Any opinions?

Edit: Maybe I am panicking. As I said the Windows version looks ok. Very similar to the old design. I will miss the catch up though. I often talk with friends and relatives in the Uk about some of the programs they have seen and then i go back and watch them.

Ordering the recording in advance won't be the same. 

Edited by petedk

On 7/28/2020 at 10:06 AM, GroveHillWanderer said:

I tried with a VPN a couple of years ago but had quite a few problems.

Some of the website detected the VPN because I didn't change the PC clock. Sometimes I forgot to change the clock back when using Google and got all sorts of error messages. 

It was far too complicated.

I still have a VPN which I use often with torrents.

22 minutes ago, petedk said:

I have just been looking at Britshtv website. They seem to have a lot more channels and catch up.

They have an offer of 48GBP per year if I order within the next 6 hours.

They also have a monthly payment scheme.

I am tempted, but I am afraid it is one of those sites that will be closed down very quickly.

Any opinions?

Edit: Maybe I am panicking. As I said the Windows version looks ok. Very similar to the old design. I will miss the catch up though. I often talk with friends and relatives in the Uk about some of the programs they have seen and then i go back and watch them.

Ordering the recording in advance won't be the same. 

Does it have catchup.?..............i know they use the phrase.........

Watch all your favourite British TV Channels from anywhere on earth! Catch up on the latest Entertainment Shows, Sports, News, Documentaries, Music, Radio and so much more. Access from any Smart Device like your Smart TV, Tablet, Phone and many, many more.

But does that mean catchup or catchup?..............lol

Edited by thaiflyer1
      Edit..........re-reading your post with the edit it doesnt look like it does have catchup
      • Like 1

32 minutes ago, petedk said:

I tried with a VPN a couple of years ago but had quite a few problems.

Some of the website detected the VPN because I didn't change the PC clock. Sometimes I forgot to change the clock back when using Google and got all sorts of error messages. 

It was far too complicated.

I still have a VPN which I use often with torrents.

Express VPN works perfectly for UK TV, no clock problems. Use the Singapore connection for torrents.

US TV GO . TV for USA adverts, with programs in between !

Edited by stouricks
      • Like 1