I watch TV MUCHO on tv with an Android box.Every weekend i devote about 15 mins.to going through the prime time programs to see if there is anything i wish to record for the coming week, usually about 4 or 5 programs.Last night i settled down to watch "Roadkill" a BBC drama and discovered i had recorded 1 hour previous to what i wanted.Every other program i hoped to record  is also 1 hour out.

I was aware that the UK changed its clocks last weekend but i am incredulous that TV MUCHO does not seem to have bothered to align things 1 hour different .I also see from the graphics on MY MEDIA page that everything is 1 hour wrong.I'm surprised that no other tv member has mentioned this so i'm checking if this is connected to my android box, which i remember caused problems initially with the big change over or is this just another balls up by TV MUCHO.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of us like to scan through what's been on and be able to have look if it really is interesting immediately.   Yes, instant gratification!   If it turns out to be carp one can

Looks like we TVMucho subscribers will be losing the catchup facility from tomorrow, which is probably the main reason most of us in Thailand use TVMucho in the first place; there are plenty of other

What do you expect with a cheap Charlie company as in life you pay for what you get so stop complaining and pay more and get better 🙂

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, tethered goat said:

I watch TV MUCHO on tv with an Android box.Every weekend i devote about 15 mins.to going through the prime time programs to see if there is anything i wish to record for the coming week, usually about 4 or 5 programs.Last night i settled down to watch "Roadkill" a BBC drama and discovered i had recorded 1 hour previous to what i wanted.Every other program i hoped to record  is also 1 hour out.

I was aware that the UK changed its clocks last weekend but i am incredulous that TV MUCHO does not seem to have bothered to align things 1 hour different .I also see from the graphics on MY MEDIA page that everything is 1 hour wrong.I'm surprised that no other tv member has mentioned this so i'm checking if this is connected to my android box, which i remember caused problems initially with the big change over or is this just another balls up by TV MUCHO.

They do this twice a year.

For a few days all the recordings are wrong.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, tethered goat said:

i am incredulous that TV MUCHO does not seem to have bothered to align things 1 hour different

I set it to record the F1 race on Sunday and guess what?  Prog started  1 hour late so did not see the last 10 laps or end of the race!

Edited by fangless

I'm using TVMucho less and less now.

I've installed a decent VPN on my Android box and can access ITV Hub and BBC iPlayer (as well as UK Netflix which has many different series not available in Thailand). Occasionally iPlayer picks up it's a VPN. Can't skip through the ads on ITV which is the main drawback.

TVMucho has changed its packages and I have asked if theres any way I can access Quest (for Football League coverage) which was there last year and Talking Pictures as a kind of sweetener for losing our catchup. They're both on the new packages but two requests have resulted in no answers.

I wont be renewing.

57 minutes ago, fangless said:

I set it to record the F1 race on Sunday and guess what?  Prog started  1 hour late so did not see the last 10 laps or end of the race!

Yep, same happened to me. I had to watch the last 10 laps on a youtube highlights posted by Formula1 channel.

I won't be renewing as it's like going back to set a timer on a VHS tape and the time changes or you make a mistake.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, tethered goat said:

I came accross the same problem, so downloaded it on a torrent, however I opened it last night and it had been corrected and was available to watch.

My membership is due for renewal next month, about 1,650 Baht for the year, I haven't decided what to do yet, without the recording option, which I think is going to be chargable soon, it's not what I signed up to, though I do watch the BBC News a fair bit when I'm at home.

I'm not sure that I really can be bothered to sign up for yet another provider, which would be my forth. 

4 hours ago, madmitch said:

I'm using TVMucho less and less now.

I've installed a decent VPN on my Android box and can access ITV Hub and BBC iPlayer (as well as UK Netflix which has many different series not available in Thailand). Occasionally iPlayer picks up it's a VPN. Can't skip through the ads on ITV which is the main drawback.

TVMucho has changed its packages and I have asked if theres any way I can access Quest (for Football League coverage) which was there last year and Talking Pictures as a kind of sweetener for losing our catchup. They're both on the new packages but two requests have resulted in no answers.

I wont be renewing.

I can't remember which of the above I tried to sign up for, but I was prompted for a tv license number. As I haven't lived in the UK for 40 years I don't have a license number. 

How did you get round that problem?

30 minutes ago, petedk said:

I can't remember which of the above I tried to sign up for, but I was prompted for a tv license number. As I haven't lived in the UK for 40 years I don't have a license number. 

How did you get round that problem?

The BBC didn't ask for a number, they simply asked whether I had a TV licence, to which I replied yes. And I was in.

ITV no questions asked.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, fangless said:

Below are the channels that broadcasted the F1, so if TV Mucho has any of those channels available to record, then their claims to be legal are as false as it can be,

No streaming service can legally make Sky Sports F1 available for view in a country outside UK - Germany and Italy, so TV Mucho is just another illegal IPTV service

image.png.f4d91e32688e1f7c0f9f9db83227b580.png

• Confused 1
12 minutes ago, Susco said:

Below are the channels that broadcasted the F1, so if TV Mucho has any of those channels available to record, then their claims to be legal are as false as it can be,

No streaming service can legally make Sky Sports F1 available for view in a country outside UK - Germany and Italy, so TV Mucho is just another illegal IPTV service

image.png.f4d91e32688e1f7c0f9f9db83227b580.png

Wrong.

They are legally showing highlights from CH4.(UK)

• Sad 2
10 minutes ago, fangless said:

Wrong.

They are legally showing highlights from CH4.(UK)

No I'm not wrong.

Why you think that BBC Iplayer is not available in Thailand without a VPN, and if BBC detects you use a VPN it will still block it?

Is Channel 4 freely available in Thailand?

No it isn't, so every streaming service that makes those channels available for view in Thailand is illegal, because the respective channels simply don't own the right to broadcast their content outside their jurisdictions

Edited by Susco
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
24 minutes ago, Susco said:

When I said you were wrong I was referring to the fact that CH4(UK) legally shows it in the UK.  I am not interested in your semantics re reception in Thailand.  TV Mucho say they are legal. Enough for me.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2
1 minute ago, fangless said:

When I said you were wrong I was referring to the fact that CH4(UK) legally shows it in the UK.  I am not interested in your semantics re reception in Thailand.  TV Mucho say they are legal. Enough for me.

What an illegal service claims has nothing to do with this.

https://www.channel4.com/4viewers/faqs?faqs=can+I+watch+all4+in+another+country

image.png.cc7c87de0b1b35d673597f0a3a594e23.png

Anyone else receive this email from TVMucho, seems a bit of waffle to me.

We were removed due to a legal challenge from the BBC, who pursue TVMucho because we legitimately provide our members with access to Free-To-Air TV. We followed formal proceedings and were reinstated.

The very fact that we were evicted highlights the difficulties faced in providing a Free-To-Air TV service legally. Sadly, we don’t expect this will be the last time we encounter such hurdles. Nevertheless, we remain positive towards the BBC. After all, we speak for the millions of expats who love watching their TV from home, legally. And we understand broadcasters like the BBC need to change their tactics to survive in a world dominated by Amazon Prime and Netflix.

Receiving Free-To-Air TV is your right. Yet some broadcasters view Free-To-Air TV as a threat and are trying to quash it. But if they succeed, you won’t just lose your beloved TVMucho, but the erosion of your rights to access the TV you love from home, abroad.

We are committed to protecting your rights to watch Free-To-Air TV channels abroad, but we can not do it without your help. Please sign up for free to the Free-to-Air Collective and make our collective voices heard! We do not want to lose our rights to access Free-To-Air TV.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
23 minutes ago, vogie said:

Anyone else receive this email from TVMucho, seems a bit of waffle to me.

We were removed due to a legal challenge from the BBC, who pursue TVMucho because we legitimately provide our members with access to Free-To-Air TV. We followed formal proceedings and were reinstated.

The very fact that we were evicted highlights the difficulties faced in providing a Free-To-Air TV service legally. Sadly, we don’t expect this will be the last time we encounter such hurdles. Nevertheless, we remain positive towards the BBC. After all, we speak for the millions of expats who love watching their TV from home, legally. And we understand broadcasters like the BBC need to change their tactics to survive in a world dominated by Amazon Prime and Netflix.

Receiving Free-To-Air TV is your right. Yet some broadcasters view Free-To-Air TV as a threat and are trying to quash it. But if they succeed, you won’t just lose your beloved TVMucho, but the erosion of your rights to access the TV you love from home, abroad.

We are committed to protecting your rights to watch Free-To-Air TV channels abroad, but we can not do it without your help. Please sign up for free to the Free-to-Air Collective and make our collective voices heard! We do not want to lose our rights to access Free-To-Air TV.

Yes, I received this.

I dont get their perception that transmitting overseas can be legal for two major reasons:

1. You need a TV licence to watch BBC so effectively it is not a free to air operation

2. Overseas channels have broadcasting rights in their countries. This particularly applies to sports events. The F1 discussion above is a case in point.

I am fully aware that I'm acting in violation of the law by watching UK TV in Thailand. Whether its TVMucho, IPTV, DailyMotion, torrents VPN usage or PtoP, technically it's not legal, hence I have not signed up to the FTA collective touted by TVMucho.

• Like 2