TVMucho changes

madmitch

There seems to be much confusion as to whether TVMucho is the same company as ExpatTV, if so, are they one of the same, are they pulling a fast one to get more money for their catch-up as this review suggests?

"Tv mucho seem to be pulling a fast one, they say it's for legal reasons they can no longer provide the catch up option, but they have started a new app called expat prime TV, which is exactly the same as TV mucho used to be. But costs more and as far as I can see does not have the annual payment plan. Go on Amazon and look, it clearly states that expat prime TV is by TV mucho. So I put a request in to be transferred over to expat prime TV from TV mucho.(without mentioning that I knew they owned expat prime TV). And their replay was that they were really sorry but expat prime was a different company. So it's a crock of sh#t that it's for legal reasons. They have got greedy with success. Such a shame. Edited after reply from TV mucho. How can they say that they are not related if they use the "exact same app that is provided by the talented Mr Lucas". Some more interesting coincidence is that they both have connections with pzaz."

16 minutes ago, vogie said:

There seems to be much confusion as to whether TVMucho is the same company as ExpatTV, if so, are they one of the same, are they pulling a fast one to get more money for their catch-up as this review suggests?

"Tv mucho seem to be pulling a fast one, they say it's for legal reasons they can no longer provide the catch up option, but they have started a new app called expat prime TV, which is exactly the same as TV mucho used to be. But costs more and as far as I can see does not have the annual payment plan. Go on Amazon and look, it clearly states that expat prime TV is by TV mucho. So I put a request in to be transferred over to expat prime TV from TV mucho.(without mentioning that I knew they owned expat prime TV). And their replay was that they were really sorry but expat prime was a different company. So it's a crock of sh#t that it's for legal reasons. They have got greedy with success. Such a shame. Edited after reply from TV mucho. How can they say that they are not related if they use the "exact same app that is provided by the talented Mr Lucas". Some more interesting coincidence is that they both have connections with pzaz."

I think expat prime tv has been around for some checking thier facebook page   

On 8/14/2020 at 2:02 AM, Crossy said:

Sorry I didn't see this earlier you should quote the post using the "quote" button rather than just mentioning me, I get a notification then.

The file still downloads and opens for me in Office 2013 and evidently others can open it. What application are you using to open?

Excel in Microsoft 365 which used to be called Office 365.

Sungod provided me the pdf so no probs. but thanks anyway????

I am getting quite a bit of buffering since they have changed the format.

Had a free trial with AirTV wasn't impressed, thought it a tad expensive and the program guide wasn't easy to navigate, never figured out how to record.

The only problem with my existing IPTV is that I can't get catch up on Sky Sports etc, but the popular channels it works just fine, so will stick with the devil I know, it works just fine, great EPG and is only 2870 baht for the year.

20 minutes ago, vogie said:

Had a free trial with AirTV wasn't impressed, thought it a tad expensive and the program guide wasn't easy to navigate, never figured out how to record.

The only problem with my existing IPTV is that I can't get catch up on Sky Sports etc, but the popular channels it works just fine, so will stick with the devil I know, it works just fine, great EPG and is only 2870 baht for the year.

I am inclined to agree with you having a trial of expat prime tv and there tv guide is unworkable when opening the guide you can chose a date but time does not move there seems to be no way of scannig the time 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2020 at 11:30 AM, vogie said:

So it's a crock of sh#t that it's for legal reasons. They have got greedy with success. Such a shame. Edited after reply from TV mucho. How can they say that they are not related if they use the "exact same app that is provided by the talented Mr Lucas". Some more interesting coincidence is that they both have connections with pzaz."

Maybe expats should stop think that any of those companies owe them anything.

They provide that content very cheap, which you otherwise would not be able to watch legally at ANY price, and take huge risks for it.

These days providing IPTV carries a high risk, as crackdowns happen monthly, and the providers risk jail time and multi million dollar fines, while the expat sits in his lousy couch paying peanuts and has nothing to worry about.

Next time you think you get overcharged, take a look at the below picture., then think again who the greedy one is

1739680724_HowmuchtowatchsportsinUK.jpg.0278b69bc44b439bc69d9e554650f3a2.jpg

Edited by Susco
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, jonesthepost said:

I am inclined to agree with you having a trial of expat prime tv and there tv guide is unworkable when opening the guide you can chose a date but time does not move there seems to be no way of scannig the time 

I have Expat Prime TV, but don't use their guide.

I use tv24.co.uk , customize it to all the channels available on Expat Prime, deleting the ones I won't be watching, and I now have an easy TV guide for the last 7 days, and the following 7 days.

It takes, literally, minutes to pick a day, and see what is available to watch on catch up, or, what there is to look forward to watch in the following week, then type some of the title in the Expat Prime "search" facility, and I'm ready to go.  

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Susco said:

They provide that content very cheap, which you otherwise would not be able to watch legally at ANY price, and take huge risks for it.

These days providing IPTV carries a high risk, as crackdowns happen monthly, and the providers risk jail time and multi million dollar fines, while the expat sits in his lousy couch paying peanuts and has nothing to worry about.

Next time you think you get overcharged, take a look at the below picture., then think again who the greedy one is

Morality alert!!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, vogie said:

I agree with you about the buffering. I put it down to my Internet connection, but now I am not so sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vogie said:
2 hours ago, Susco said:

Morality alert!!!!

Nothing to do with morality. The fact that you decided to ignore the point I made, proves that you are one of those that think the world owes them.

Edited by Susco
  • Confused 1

Signed up for 2 weeks trial on Expat Prime tv, not impressed ,it keeps stopping,

plays for maybe 10 mins then stops.not worried as can get most of those channels

anyway for free,along with many more movies,series.nothing to do with my Internet

as I can stream from various sites no problem.

regards worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie

Ive been in different parts of Thailand for the past few weeks, using my Macbook and Firefox with no changes from the original TVMucho and that's still the case.

Back to Phuket now and last night used TVMucho on the Android box, expecting something completely different and perhaps some teething troubles. But no, I had the same set-up as I had before, with seven days catchup.

I really dont understand!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, madmitch said:

Ive been in different parts of Thailand for the past few weeks, using my Macbook and Firefox with no changes from the original TVMucho and that's still the case.

Back to Phuket now and last night used TVMucho on the Android box, expecting something completely different and perhaps some teething troubles. But no, I had the same set-up as I had before, with seven days catchup.

I really dont understand!

Maybe they have stopped rolling out the updates until they fix the bugs.

I still have one Android box that is updated with the bugs fixed and another that is updated and full of bugs (not the insect kind!)

I have noticed now that programs that are saved to the cloud START 10 minutes earlier than scheduled but FINISH at the same time as scheduled. Surely thy should swap those two conditions around.

On 8/17/2020 at 2:37 PM, Susco said:

As I see there are people not smart enough to comprehend a post, however it will have been clear to most but just a few, this has nothing to do with morality or corruption.

This is the point I was making

On 8/17/2020 at 2:37 PM, Susco said:

So it's a crock of sh#t that it's for legal reasons. They have got greedy with success.

Nothing is for free in the world.

These IPTV providers already provide you with content, that otherwise would not be accessible to people in Thailand, at a very cheap price.

Yet that was not enough for the person who wrote to TVMucho, and I have my suspicions who that was, as he clearly wanted all the options expat prime tv offers, but he only wanted to pay the TVMucho price.

Others, maybe the same actually, would like to have catchup on Sky Sports, but go without it because they are too cheap to pay a few hundred Baht extra.

But I do realise that there are people on this forum who have no morals, and think those IPTV providers owe them.

Edited by Susco

4 minutes ago, sungod said:

Thanks for your input, maybe you could start your own thread on IPTV subscriptions? We'd really like to keep this one on TV Mucho. Thanks ????

Maybe you could take some reading classes, or visit an optician, as my comment was clearly TVMucho related.

By the way TVmucho and expat prime ARE IPTV service, just in case you missed it.

16 minutes ago, Susco said:

Yet that was not enough for the person who wrote to TVMucho, and I have my suspicions who that was, as he clearly wanted all the options expat prime tv offers, but he only wanted to pay the TVMucho price.

Edited by Susco

24 minutes ago, Susco said:

Maybe you could take some reading classes, or visit an optician, as my comment was clearly TVMucho related.

By the way TVmucho and expat prime ARE IPTV service, just in case you missed it.

Very sensitive aren't you?

Nice edit BTW ????

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Woke up this morning to find they have eventually changed my TVMucho format.

I did the 2 week trial with Expat Prime TV, and, like others on here, initially I encountered some buffering problems, but within the trial period, it looks as if they sorted it out.

I decided to subscribe, for the discounted price of 120 Euros for the year, and nearly a week into my annual subscription, I couldn't be happier with the service they provide since the demise of TVMucho, especially as they have the many more channels with documentary programmes, which is the kind of stuff I like to watch ????.  

2 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Woke up this morning to find they have eventually changed my TVMucho format.

I did the 2 week trial with Expat Prime TV, and, like others on here, initially I encountered some buffering problems, but within the trial period, it looks as if they sorted it out.

I decided to subscribe, for the discounted price of 120 Euros for the year, and nearly a week into my annual subscription, I couldn't be happier with the service they provide since the demise of TVMucho, especially as they have the many more channels with documentary programmes, which is the kind of stuff I like to watch ????.  

Yep, they eventually got me too ????

Wont be renewing.

I received the update yesterday as well.Like most other folks spent the last few hours figuring it out.My annual subscription was debited 2 months ago so it in my interest to understand the new system and use it for the next few months at least.I think with a bit of practice the catch up will work out ok, i hope.What is driving me mad at the moment is trying to exit the app back to the home screen of my TV without signing out.Signing out involves about 6 separate clicks and i have to sign in again every time despite clicking the "remember me " box.Can anyone help ?I am  watching on a TV with android box and airmouse.

Have you got a tool bar on the bottom of your screen, if you have not move the cursor near the bottom to see if it appears. What you are looking for is a home button in the middle of the tool bar, if you click on it it should take you back to the home screen. Failing that is there a home button on your remote?

2 hours ago, tethered goat said:

I received the update yesterday as well.Like most other folks spent the last few hours figuring it out.My annual subscription was debited 2 months ago so it in my interest to understand the new system and use it for the next few months at least.I think with a bit of practice the catch up will work out ok, i hope.What is driving me mad at the moment is trying to exit the app back to the home screen of my TV without signing out.Signing out involves about 6 separate clicks and i have to sign in again every time despite clicking the "remember me " box.Can anyone help ?I am  watching on a TV with android box and airmouse.

I also have a few months left on my subscription and am trying to figure it all out.

I miss the "catch up" a little in that I sometimes heard about a good program that was shown in the past week. Now we have to find out in advance what we want to record.

Is that really so bad that you will all drop TVMucho? Maybe I am older than most of you, but I remember in the good old days(?) when we used a big machine called a VCR. Believe it or not we could set a timer to record programs in advance and they would be saved onto a magnetic tape. 

Now I do the same, but much faster and easier. I usually run through the next 3 or 4 days. Most of the programs I want to see are on my "favourite" channels, so it only takes 5 minutes.

Oh, I have 2 Android boxes and am still waiting for one of them to be updated.

Have received an update email from TVMucho today explaining their recording policy and it includes the following; “build a personal library of up to 250 of your favourite films, shows, sports and documentaries you can watch again and again.  Does anyone know if it just means you can maintain a library of up to 250 recordings or does it mean that you can only make 250 recordings in total in the one year even if you delete shows you no longer want.?
I remember seeing something in one of their earlier missives from them that implied, if I remember correctly, that it was a total of 250 recordings per subscription!

25 minutes ago, fangless said:

Have received an update email from TVMucho today explaining their recording policy and it includes the following; “build a personal library of up to 250 of your favourite films, shows, sports and documentaries you can watch again and again.  Does anyone know if it just means you can maintain a library of up to 250 recordings or does it mean that you can only make 250 recordings in total in the one year even if you delete shows you no longer want.?
I remember seeing something in one of their earlier missives from them that implied, if I remember correctly, that it was a total of 250 recordings per subscription!

That's a good question.

I received the email too and it isn't quite clear.

I have probably recorded 100 already, but I delete them as I watch them. Maybe I should try and count how many I record.

Edit:  Update:

I can imagine you are allowed to save up to 250 recordings at a time. I have just noticed that there are  counters next to "Available" and "scheduled" recordings. 

Edited by petedk
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, petedk said:

I can imagine you are allowed to save up to 250 recordings at a time. I have just noticed that there are  counters next to "Available" and "scheduled" recordings. 

Well spotted.  Just deleted a recording and the counter went down, which as you suggested implies that it is a library max not total recordings max!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, madmitch said:

Second recording I made didn't work. I assume a server issue at the time as live TV is working as is my previous recording. And this is the problem with the new system; if something goes wrong you've lost the programme.

That happened to me once. Don't delete the recording, but try the next day. That worked for me.