TVMucho changes

madmitch

I watch TV MUCHO on tv with an Android box.Every weekend i devote about 15 mins.to going through the prime time programs to see if there is anything i wish to record for the coming week, usually about 4 or 5 programs.Last night i settled down to watch "Roadkill" a BBC drama and discovered i had recorded 1 hour previous to what i wanted.Every other program i hoped to record  is also 1 hour out.

I was aware that the UK changed its clocks last weekend but i am incredulous that TV MUCHO does not seem to have bothered to align things 1 hour different .I also see from the graphics on MY MEDIA page that everything is 1 hour wrong.I'm surprised that no other tv member has mentioned this so i'm checking if this is connected to my android box, which i remember caused problems initially with the big change over or is this just another balls up by TV MUCHO.

36 minutes ago, tethered goat said:

I watch TV MUCHO on tv with an Android box.Every weekend i devote about 15 mins.to going through the prime time programs to see if there is anything i wish to record for the coming week, usually about 4 or 5 programs.Last night i settled down to watch "Roadkill" a BBC drama and discovered i had recorded 1 hour previous to what i wanted.Every other program i hoped to record  is also 1 hour out.

I was aware that the UK changed its clocks last weekend but i am incredulous that TV MUCHO does not seem to have bothered to align things 1 hour different .I also see from the graphics on MY MEDIA page that everything is 1 hour wrong.I'm surprised that no other tv member has mentioned this so i'm checking if this is connected to my android box, which i remember caused problems initially with the big change over or is this just another balls up by TV MUCHO.

They do this twice a year.

For a few days all the recordings are wrong.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, tethered goat said:

i am incredulous that TV MUCHO does not seem to have bothered to align things 1 hour different

I set it to record the F1 race on Sunday and guess what?  Prog started  1 hour late so did not see the last 10 laps or end of the race!

Edited by fangless

I'm using TVMucho less and less now.

I've installed a decent VPN on my Android box and can access ITV Hub and BBC iPlayer (as well as UK Netflix which has many different series not available in Thailand). Occasionally iPlayer picks up it's a VPN. Can't skip through the ads on ITV which is the main drawback.

TVMucho has changed its packages and I have asked if theres any way I can access Quest (for Football League coverage) which was there last year and Talking Pictures as a kind of sweetener for losing our catchup. They're both on the new packages but two requests have resulted in no answers.

I wont be renewing.

57 minutes ago, fangless said:

I set it to record the F1 race on Sunday and guess what?  Prog started  1 hour late so did not see the last 10 laps or end of the race!

Yep, same happened to me. I had to watch the last 10 laps on a youtube highlights posted by Formula1 channel.

I won't be renewing as it's like going back to set a timer on a VHS tape and the time changes or you make a mistake.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tethered goat said:

I came accross the same problem, so downloaded it on a torrent, however I opened it last night and it had been corrected and was available to watch.

My membership is due for renewal next month, about 1,650 Baht for the year, I haven't decided what to do yet, without the recording option, which I think is going to be chargable soon, it's not what I signed up to, though I do watch the BBC News a fair bit when I'm at home.

I'm not sure that I really can be bothered to sign up for yet another provider, which would be my forth. 

4 hours ago, madmitch said:

I'm using TVMucho less and less now.

I've installed a decent VPN on my Android box and can access ITV Hub and BBC iPlayer (as well as UK Netflix which has many different series not available in Thailand). Occasionally iPlayer picks up it's a VPN. Can't skip through the ads on ITV which is the main drawback.

TVMucho has changed its packages and I have asked if theres any way I can access Quest (for Football League coverage) which was there last year and Talking Pictures as a kind of sweetener for losing our catchup. They're both on the new packages but two requests have resulted in no answers.

I wont be renewing.

I can't remember which of the above I tried to sign up for, but I was prompted for a tv license number. As I haven't lived in the UK for 40 years I don't have a license number. 

How did you get round that problem?

30 minutes ago, petedk said:

I can't remember which of the above I tried to sign up for, but I was prompted for a tv license number. As I haven't lived in the UK for 40 years I don't have a license number. 

How did you get round that problem?

The BBC didn't ask for a number, they simply asked whether I had a TV licence, to which I replied yes. And I was in.

ITV no questions asked.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, fangless said:

Below are the channels that broadcasted the F1, so if TV Mucho has any of those channels available to record, then their claims to be legal are as false as it can be,

No streaming service can legally make Sky Sports F1 available for view in a country outside UK - Germany and Italy, so TV Mucho is just another illegal IPTV service

image.png.f4d91e32688e1f7c0f9f9db83227b580.png

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Susco said:

Below are the channels that broadcasted the F1, so if TV Mucho has any of those channels available to record, then their claims to be legal are as false as it can be,

No streaming service can legally make Sky Sports F1 available for view in a country outside UK - Germany and Italy, so TV Mucho is just another illegal IPTV service

image.png.f4d91e32688e1f7c0f9f9db83227b580.png

Wrong.

They are legally showing highlights from CH4.(UK)

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, fangless said:

Wrong.

They are legally showing highlights from CH4.(UK)

No I'm not wrong.

Why you think that BBC Iplayer is not available in Thailand without a VPN, and if BBC detects you use a VPN it will still block it?

Is Channel 4 freely available in Thailand?

No it isn't, so every streaming service that makes those channels available for view in Thailand is illegal, because the respective channels simply don't own the right to broadcast their content outside their jurisdictions

Edited by Susco
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Susco said:

When I said you were wrong I was referring to the fact that CH4(UK) legally shows it in the UK.  I am not interested in your semantics re reception in Thailand.  TV Mucho say they are legal. Enough for me.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, fangless said:

When I said you were wrong I was referring to the fact that CH4(UK) legally shows it in the UK.  I am not interested in your semantics re reception in Thailand.  TV Mucho say they are legal. Enough for me.

What an illegal service claims has nothing to do with this.

https://www.channel4.com/4viewers/faqs?faqs=can+I+watch+all4+in+another+country

image.png.cc7c87de0b1b35d673597f0a3a594e23.png

Anyone else receive this email from TVMucho, seems a bit of waffle to me.

We were removed due to a legal challenge from the BBC, who pursue TVMucho because we legitimately provide our members with access to Free-To-Air TV. We followed formal proceedings and were reinstated.

The very fact that we were evicted highlights the difficulties faced in providing a Free-To-Air TV service legally. Sadly, we don’t expect this will be the last time we encounter such hurdles. Nevertheless, we remain positive towards the BBC. After all, we speak for the millions of expats who love watching their TV from home, legally. And we understand broadcasters like the BBC need to change their tactics to survive in a world dominated by Amazon Prime and Netflix.

Receiving Free-To-Air TV is your right. Yet some broadcasters view Free-To-Air TV as a threat and are trying to quash it. But if they succeed, you won’t just lose your beloved TVMucho, but the erosion of your rights to access the TV you love from home, abroad.

We are committed to protecting your rights to watch Free-To-Air TV channels abroad, but we can not do it without your help. Please sign up for free to the Free-to-Air Collective and make our collective voices heard! We do not want to lose our rights to access Free-To-Air TV.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, vogie said:

Anyone else receive this email from TVMucho, seems a bit of waffle to me.

We were removed due to a legal challenge from the BBC, who pursue TVMucho because we legitimately provide our members with access to Free-To-Air TV. We followed formal proceedings and were reinstated.

The very fact that we were evicted highlights the difficulties faced in providing a Free-To-Air TV service legally. Sadly, we don’t expect this will be the last time we encounter such hurdles. Nevertheless, we remain positive towards the BBC. After all, we speak for the millions of expats who love watching their TV from home, legally. And we understand broadcasters like the BBC need to change their tactics to survive in a world dominated by Amazon Prime and Netflix.

Receiving Free-To-Air TV is your right. Yet some broadcasters view Free-To-Air TV as a threat and are trying to quash it. But if they succeed, you won’t just lose your beloved TVMucho, but the erosion of your rights to access the TV you love from home, abroad.

We are committed to protecting your rights to watch Free-To-Air TV channels abroad, but we can not do it without your help. Please sign up for free to the Free-to-Air Collective and make our collective voices heard! We do not want to lose our rights to access Free-To-Air TV.

Yes, I received this.

I dont get their perception that transmitting overseas can be legal for two major reasons:

1. You need a TV licence to watch BBC so effectively it is not a free to air operation

2. Overseas channels have broadcasting rights in their countries. This particularly applies to sports events. The F1 discussion above is a case in point.

I am fully aware that I'm acting in violation of the law by watching UK TV in Thailand. Whether its TVMucho, IPTV, DailyMotion, torrents VPN usage or PtoP, technically it's not legal, hence I have not signed up to the FTA collective touted by TVMucho.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, madmitch said:

Yes, I received this.

I dont get their perception that transmitting overseas can be legal for two major reasons:

1. You need a TV licence to watch BBC so effectively it is not a free to air operation

2. Overseas channels have broadcasting rights in their countries. This particularly applies to sports events. The F1 discussion above is a case in point.

I am fully aware that I'm acting in violation of the law by watching UK TV in Thailand. Whether its TVMucho, IPTV, DailyMotion, torrents VPN usage or PtoP, technically it's not legal, hence I have not signed up to the FTA collective touted by TVMucho.

I think they are losing the plot......

5 hours ago, madmitch said:

Free to air or not has actually nothing to do with legality.

Channel 4 is free to air, because they get their funding from advertisements, but they are still only allowed to broadcast the channels in the countries where they pay the broadcasting fee for.

If you look at the fact sheet, they are even not allowed to broadcast some of their programs in Ireland, because someone else has the copyrights for that program there

Edited by Susco
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Susco said:

Free to air or not has actually nothing to do with legality.

Channel 4 is free to air, because they get their funding from advertisements, but they are still only allowed to broadcast the channels in the countries where they pay the broadcasting fee for.

If you look at the fact sheet, they are even not allowed to broadcast some of their programs in Ireland, because someone else has the copyrights for that program there

Yes, I have seen that too

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I literally made a profile to post this since same things were bothering me for a while. Namely, the way I see it, to watch free-to-air satellite TV, you must first install a satellite dish. It is unencrypted, therefore there’s no need for additional equipment of such as descramblers in a case of subscription channels. Now, satellite dishes depending on the size can reach hundreds of dollars, excluding installation. Most of the northern France, and many other parts of Europe can catch BBC’s satellite footprint with a normal satellite, meaning they can easily watch it for free outside the UK. Hypothetically, with a dish large enough, you could reach the BBC footprint from any part of the world. Of course, such dish be tens of meters in diameter and would cost thousands of euros, but it’s technically possible.

From what I figured out from a brochure, it seems that TVMucho functions the same way. They state that TVMucho gives you something they call a Virtualized Satellite Middleware Solution, which is basically a virtual satellite receiver box and satellite dish. So instead of streaming a channel from their servers to you, they turn your device into an antenna. TVMucho has nothing with the stream itself, that’s why there are no ads or anything similar inserted into the programme.

They’re selling the virtual satellite antenna, not the content itself.

They are also appealing to some moral issues with free-to-air, but from technical point of this seems legit to me.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/22/2021 at 3:39 AM, Area84 said:

I literally made a profile to post this since same things were bothering me for a while. Namely, the way I see it, to watch free-to-air satellite TV, you must first install a satellite dish. It is unencrypted, therefore there’s no need for additional equipment of such as descramblers in a case of subscription channels. Now, satellite dishes depending on the size can reach hundreds of dollars, excluding installation. Most of the northern France, and many other parts of Europe can catch BBC’s satellite footprint with a normal satellite, meaning they can easily watch it for free outside the UK. Hypothetically, with a dish large enough, you could reach the BBC footprint from any part of the world. Of course, such dish be tens of meters in diameter and would cost thousands of euros, but it’s technically possible.

From what I figured out from a brochure, it seems that TVMucho functions the same way. They state that TVMucho gives you something they call a Virtualized Satellite Middleware Solution, which is basically a virtual satellite receiver box and satellite dish. So instead of streaming a channel from their servers to you, they turn your device into an antenna. TVMucho has nothing with the stream itself, that’s why there are no ads or anything similar inserted into the programme.

They’re selling the virtual satellite antenna, not the content itself.

They are also appealing to some moral issues with free-to-air, but from technical point of this seems legit to me.

It almost was funny, if it wasn't that you signed up to promote you illegal service

Area51 would actually be a more suitable handle.

Edited by Susco
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2021 at 6:19 PM, Susco said:

It almost was funny, if it wasn't that you signed up to promote you illegal service

Area51 would actually be a more suitable handle.

I'm using the service, along with some others, and quite happy with it, no much other interests; otherwise I'd be more discrete probably 

And TVMucho is not the only one doing this, there's Locast in the US that acts as a signal booster and it works just fine 

On 2/6/2021 at 9:00 PM, madmitch said:

Cancelled mine this week. A decent VPN is cheaper than TVMucho and allows me to access just about everything I want on catchup.

I use Cyber Ghost and even with their server that is supposed to work for IPlayer. it still blocks me.

I've got a few more months of Mucho left, and it's still not too bad, but the buffering has been bad of late.

• Like 1

I've been using Mucho for a long time and over the past week the buffering has made it unwatchable, more buffering than broadcast.I  complained and was told they were rerouting their CDN [cloud server]  in Asia and Australia and they would keep me posted.Today i had to log into some site that would send them all the data from my TV. I've been wondering why nobody on this thread was also experiencing problems if it was to do with a server for ASIA. So other than "Old Git" has anyone else been experiencing extreme buffering problems. I use my TV with Android Box

4 hours ago, tethered goat said:

I've been using Mucho for a long time and over the past week the buffering has made it unwatchable, more buffering than broadcast.I  complained and was told they were rerouting their CDN [cloud server]  in Asia and Australia and they would keep me posted.Today i had to log into some site that would send them all the data from my TV. I've been wondering why nobody on this thread was also experiencing problems if it was to do with a server for ASIA. So other than "Old Git" has anyone else been experiencing extreme buffering problems. I use my TV with Android Box

I don't watch a lot of tv, but I have just tried my TVMucho and yes it is buffering.

I have just checked settings and 'my membership' and it states that my membership is due for renewal on the 4th of March, the problem is I don't want to renew, but it says "auto renewal" and they have my credit card details showing with only the last 4 digits blanked out. If I cancel my membership should I have no concerns?

10 minutes ago, vogie said:

I don't watch a lot of tv, but I have just tried my TVMucho and yes it is buffering.

I have just checked settings and 'my membership' and it states that my membership is due for renewal on the 4th of March, the problem is I don't want to renew, but it says "auto renewal" and they have my credit card details showing with only the last 4 digits blanked out. If I cancel my membership should I have no concerns?

If you give them notice you do not wish to renew, there should be no issue. If they do charge after you have given them notice tney should refund you, if they dont then advise the card company and tell them the charge was not authorised, and they will refund it.

• Thanks 1