TVMucho changes

madmitch

Has anyone contacted them about this?  (I mean the buffering)

I did this morning and they sent this message:

My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience. The CDN (cloud server) in Asia, Africa, and Australia are being re-routed hence, the buffering/freezing issue. We'll make sure to keep you posted once this is fixed.

They then sent me an email asking me to do some sort of tracing and send the report to them.

Edited by petedk

20 minutes ago, vogie said:

I don't watch a lot of tv, but I have just tried my TVMucho and yes it is buffering.

I have just checked settings and 'my membership' and it states that my membership is due for renewal on the 4th of March, the problem is I don't want to renew, but it says "auto renewal" and they have my credit card details showing with only the last 4 digits blanked out. If I cancel my membership should I have no concerns?

Theres a cancellation option in the top right menu I think.

I got angry as they charged me without notice, claiming to have sent an invoice by email a few days beforehand but I didn't receive it. They agreed to cancel with no problems and refunded my Paypal account.

1 minute ago, madmitch said:

Theres a cancellation option in the top right menu I think.

I got angry as they charged me without notice, claiming to have sent an invoice by email a few days beforehand but I didn't receive it. They agreed to cancel with no problems and refunded my Paypal account.

Yes I've seen the cancel option mitch but my concern is/was, when I cancel they auto renewed me anyway. My visa number is attached to my HSBC debit card but I have logged into my bank acc and there is no facility to access visa there.????

2 hours ago, vogie said:

Yes I've seen the cancel option mitch but my concern is/was, when I cancel they auto renewed me anyway. My visa number is attached to my HSBC debit card but I have logged into my bank acc and there is no facility to access visa there.????

Very soon after I cancelled I received an email telling me such and they refunded my Paypal very quickly. I think you'll be fine.

• Thanks 1

On 2/9/2021 at 10:56 AM, theoldgit said:

I use Cyber Ghost and even with their server that is supposed to work for IPlayer. it still blocks me.

BBC Iplayer get pretty smart in detecting VPN's, and it get worse each time the app updates.

If you use it through web browser, you best chance is by using private window, or however that may be called in your browser.

SmartDNS also is reported to work, and you can get a 14 day free trial.

Otherwise VPN with personal IP

23 minutes ago, Susco said:

SmartDNS also is reported to work, and you can get a 14 day free trial.

I use Smart DNS and in the main it is good, however sometimes iPlayer detects it and won't play.

Open up the Smart DNS app and "reactivate" it and all is well.

On 2/10/2021 at 10:10 PM, madmitch said:

Very soon after I cancelled I received an email telling me such and they refunded my Paypal very quickly. I think you'll be fine.

I cancelled TVMucho on Tuesday evening and all I got was the message in settings was "expires on 4th of March" 

Got a VPN costs about $60 for two years, downloaded BBC iplayer and ITV Player, they work just fine.

Edited by vogie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, vogie said:

I cancelled TVMucho on Tuesday evening and all I got was the message in settings was "expires on 4th of March" 

Got a VPN costs about $60 for two years, downloaded BBC iplayer and ITV Player, they work just fine.

That should mean you won't be charged.

I recommend downloading All4 as well, some very good series available from Channel 4.

• Like 1

I to have experienced buffering over the last few days I emailed and got the same message as others in this thread about the CDN. I also did the trace info for them. They did email me back this morning to ask me to check if things now work ok and I checked to find that everything is still buffering. It is as many say unusable at the moment and I'm using a VPN and iPlayer etc instead. Its a shame as I do think TVMucho is great when its working, and much easier than having to use multiple players along with their quirks.

On 2/12/2021 at 10:41 PM, mkmike said:

I to have experienced buffering over the last few days I emailed and got the same message as others in this thread about the CDN. I also did the trace info for them. They did email me back this morning to ask me to check if things now work ok and I checked to find that everything is still buffering. It is as many say unusable at the moment and I'm using a VPN and iPlayer etc instead. Its a shame as I do think TVMucho is great when its working, and much easier than having to use multiple players along with their quirks.

I found that live TV was ok, but that catch up (Later) was buffering. Again I wrote to them and they told me to reset my router, which I did and that helped.

I think it is much better now.

On 2/12/2021 at 1:19 PM, vogie said:

That sounds good.

I tried but (now I can't remember exactly) but I think I needed a TV license number or an address in the UK. Both iPlayer and ITVplayer knew I was using a VPN and I got the "not available in your area" message, so i gave up.

28 minutes ago, petedk said:

That sounds good.

I tried but (now I can't remember exactly) but I think I needed a TV license number or an address in the UK. Both iPlayer and ITVplayer knew I was using a VPN and I got the "not available in your area" message, so i gave up.

I looked at the VPNs and the two that jumped out as being the bees knees seemed to be ExpressVPN and Cyberghost but for the cost I would have to be paying I probably could have subscribed to an IPTV. And I don't watch enough tv to warrent getting either of those. So went for Surfshark, it gets BBC IPlayer just fine but with the ITV Hub I cannot get live tv, but can get all their other bits and pieces.

You don't need a licence, it just asks you if you have a licence.

Disclaimer: I am not a techy but there are many on here that are and may be all too willing to correct me, it wouldn't be the first time.????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vogie said:

I looked at the VPNs and the two that jumped out as being the bees knees seemed to be ExpressVPN and Cyberghost but for the cost I would have to be paying I probably could have subscribed to an IPTV. And I don't watch enough tv to warrent getting either of those. So went for Surfshark, it gets BBC IPlayer just fine but with the ITV Hub I cannot get live tv, but can get all their other bits and pieces.

You don't need a licence, it just asks you if you have a licence.

Disclaimer: I am not a techy but there are many on here that are and may be all too willing to correct me, it wouldn't be the first time.????

I use Nord. Always deals available. Usually no problems as it has so many servers but it does sometimes get spotted.

17 hours ago, rcuthbert said:

Download Utorrent - then research torrents - and where one can access them. Download MPC-BE.

Now we are talkin' commercial free premium HDTV.

What has this to do with TV streaming/catchup?  It appears to be just a Video player.

2 hours ago, rcuthbert said:

It may behoove you do said research.

I have downloaded it and as I said it appears to be nothing but a basic Video player.  I see nothing about TV Viewing/Catch-up other than URL pasting!

957803902_videoedit.jpg.31c656f226945927b4e2caaade7536fd.jpg

On 2/15/2021 at 4:42 PM, rcuthbert said:

Now we are talkin' commercial free premium HDTV.

Not according to their website;

Media Player Classic - BE is a free and open source audio and video player for Windows.
Media Player Classic - BE is based on the original "Media Player Classic" project (Gabest) and "Media Player Classic Home Cinema" project (Casimir666), contains additional features and bug fixes.

Features

• Playing various video and audio files
  • Support for hardware decoding and deinterlacing

MPC-BE download | SourceForge.net

13 minutes ago, fangless said:

Not according to their website;

You Access other sites and use the Utorrent as a down-loader from those sites---meaning everything is free, I am not allowed to put the site addresses on TV, but what program would you like to see.

If you are a Brit some sites access all that was on a few hours after it was on, of course all movies are available the moment they hit the Movie Theater.   think I am safe in showing you a news link to the top 10 sites--- https://www.vpnmentor.com/blog/10-best-torrent-websites/ 

Also its worth looking at Thai Visa Movie TV site---they are very helpful....

44 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

You Access other sites and use the Utorrent as a down-loader from those sites---meaning everything is free,

I use torrents all the time.  This thread is about TVMucho and live TV Streaming and Catch-up.  Not about downloading torrents.  The reference to 

"MPC-BE.

Now we are talkin' commercial free premium HDTV."

This implies that that is what is being discussed.  It is not.  I also do not see what MPC-BE has to do with Torrent downloads which are downloaded using a different Torrent downloader (NOT MPC-BE) as once they are downloaded you can use any Video playback, windows own in built or VLC or even MPC-BE.

This reference to MPC-BE is either a TROLL post or just a red herring and nothing to do with this thread.