Tourists Flock into Phuket on Long Weekend

rooster59

Tourists Flock into Phuket on Long Weekend

1595666970725-960x0.jpg

PHUKET, July 25 (TNA) – Tourism on the southern island was booming because many tourists were visiting it on this long weekend, according to the president of the Southern Chapter of the Thai Hotel Association. 

Kongsak Khupongsakorn said people responded well to tourism stimulus measures of the government but he would like the government to quickly approve hotels’ participation into its tourism promotional campaign.

Many hotels were waiting for the approval although they had filed their application on July 1. They missed opportunities during the long weekend from July 25 to 28, he said.

Full story: https://www.mcot.net/viewtna/5f1bf270e3f8e40aef468021

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2020-07-26

Maybe I'll go for a drive around I live in the south of the island 10-50 am and it's raining at the moment I think Rawai is quite busy but that is people that live here and expats so where this flock of tourist have gone to I dont know

Edited by ChipButty
  • Haha 2

Viewpoint was packed yesterday, as was Kata Beach. The amount of people at the viewpoint had the car park filled, while the parking along the beach front at Kata was full also.  I haven't seen this since March. 

There definitely are a lot of tourists in town right now.  The amount of out of province plates and the extra poor driving attests to this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, steelepulse said:

Viewpoint was packed yesterday, as was Kata Beach. The amount of people at the viewpoint had the car park filled, while the parking along the beach front at Kata was full also.  I haven't seen this since March. 

There definitely are a lot of tourists in town right now.  The amount of out of province plates and the extra poor driving attests to this.

Yes, this morning 08.00 the car park at Kata Beach south end was full.  Many many Thai families on the beach, plus the surfing guys.  Not exactly packed but busy enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There must be a 2nd Phuket which I donno.

Patong is dead and 6 feet under. Karon yesterday dead the same and everything closed.

Kata Beach had the usual surfers, as conditions have been nice yesterday, and a few families. Kata itself dead empty. Heavy rain this morning, of course quiet. No idea about the north west, as it is a boring corner with resorts only.

The reporting by mcot is rubbish.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steelepulse said:

Haha, I think you must have been looking at photos from the 80's and 90's.  Even after the tsunami, Patong wasn't near as nice as other beaches.

Well I have lived here for 14 yrs and although I am not a "beach person" many who are, say that it is ok........mind you from what I have seen elsewhere, it certainly isn't the greatest!!

1 hour ago, AhFarangJa said:

The styrofoam and plastic bottle crop on the beaches and at the viewpoint should be a bumper one on Wednesday then.

Have sweepers every morning on Kata beach. The larger log debris gets picked up by back hoe and loaded on truck every few days. They keep Kata beach in pristine shape.

• Thanks 1

I live here and drive and ride almost the whole island very regularly not seen anything to indicate any influx last days.

Blue Market open again last night, reasonable turnout but no sign of lots of holiday folks. Karon, Kata And Kata noi dead, Patong also 98% closed, Junceylon empty yesterday at 1;30’when I popped in. As for beaches seeing a ruse in visitors I call that total bs.

Kamala seems to be doing better than other beach towns on the island

could this be because there is and has been, for over 100 years, a Thai community living here as compared to the other beach towns, that if it were not for the tourists, would not exist, (excluding Rawii and Chalong).

37 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

could this be because there is and has been, for over 100 years, a Thai community living here as compared to the other beach towns, that if it were not for the tourists, would not exist, (excluding Rawii and Chalong).

The Kamala naval gazing myopia never ceases to amaze me. Also excluding Bangtao, Chengtalay, Mai Khao, Nai Yang/Sakoo etc etc...

Edited by stuarty

8 hours ago, stuarty said:

The Kamala naval gazing myopia never ceases to amaze me. Also excluding Bangtao, Chengtalay, Mai Khao, Nai Yang/Sakoo etc etc...

Yes, I love going to Cherngtalay Beach to gaze at the naval vessels ...

Edited by nkg

10 hours ago, zzzzz said:

Kamala has Fantasea show. Even I visited Kamala just to see it. Nothing else there worth my time.