Tourists Flock into Phuket on Long Weekend

rooster59

2 hours ago, nkg said:

Yes, I love going to Cherngtalay Beach to gaze at the naval vessels ...

Drove thru Chern Talay and Bang Tao Friday<
although Chern Talay,( villa parking lot was full, central was empty)  was busy, there were few if anything open in Bang Tao with all resorts seemingly closed.

Kamala has Fantasea show. Even I visited Kamala just to see it. Nothing else there worth my time.

I agree, not much here for the average tourist, BUT its a great place to live and there some 4-5 star resorts and resorts/ villas along Millionaires row that are world class

Edited by zzzzz

Went to Central yesterday,  more busy than i had seen it for months. Headed back to Kamala and the roads up to Kathu,... busy.

Than heading towards Patong and home...empty as usual. Beach....  few people as normal

No idea where this surge of domestic tourists is

3 hours ago, zzzzz said:

Went to Central yesterday,  more busy than i had seen it for months. Headed back to Kamala and the roads up to Kathu,... busy.

Than heading towards Patong and home...empty as usual. Beach....  few people as normal

No idea where this surge of domestic tourists is

They have all left again.

• Like 1

Maybe if some crack pot minister comes up with the idea of having a long national holiday every week then the economy will be saved.  

Who's a betting man? Evens on an announcement of an increase in public holiday before the end of August. And double your money if the minister's family owns a hotel.