Retirement Visa, Permit to stay Extension, Phuket Agent recommendations...

BangkokBoyJohnny

Hi

I'm Phuket based....

I've renewed my Permit to stay on my own in the past at Phuket Immigration, some times it worked OK, sometimes they were just plain awkward/rude !

Last year I paid an agent 14,000thb which was 1900thb for the Extension, 3900 for Multi Reentry Permit and 8,000thb which I imagine gets split between the agent and YOU KNOW WHO !

Anyone got good Agent recommendations and if so how much they charge ?

Cheers

Johnny

5555 I did, I was, and I was...

But just FYI:

a few years back the IO got well angry AND rude because at the time I was considering employment and a Work Permit so rather than go retirement visa again I applied for a dependant visa. The IO was livid, kept saying out loud "you very difficult man, you very difficult man"

maybe cos he couldn't type or had to type,

he definitely couldn't type ie he did not know the QWERTY keyboard layout and he had to type out a form on a WW II typrewriter with two index fingers !

I generally find the happy chappy outside the room (cant remember the number the Ground floor on the right last time) great fun and polite. The non-Typing guy wasn't in said room last time.

The gentlemen has asked for recommendations for an agent to assist him with immigration visa permits etc.

If you cannot assist I would suggest you do not reply.

This would then keep the the post on topic.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, warcy said:

Why do you need to renew the retirement visa with the help of an agent when you can do it yourself?

Do you have sufficient financial requirement of 800k?

Yes I have the 800k and 400k for the correct time periods.

Basically I dont mind paying a bit extra if I dont have to go through a possible bad experience which I have had twice before

(in 10 years I might add). 

59 minutes ago, LeungKen said:

The gentlemen has asked for recommendations for an agent to assist him with immigration visa permits etc.

If you cannot assist I would suggest you do not reply.

This would then keep the the post on topic.

I reckon Warcy doesn't want to encourage/promote the use of agent culture in Phuket.

I can't say I have have a bad experience with IOs these many years for annual extensions. Might you 10+ years ago there were some not nice IOs. These days down in room 103 (I think) there is just the jovial IO outside checking papers and the 2 IOs inside. I have the application form on computer file, just change the date etc. Print it. Staple photo to it. Copies all pages in passport (scanned on PC file) on home printer. Home map on PC file. Photo of me front of house on file. Call in bank to get the bank letter and bank book copies. Takes me less than 30 minutes at Immigration. Stress free. Assume you have all your papers in order.  I go bank 09.30. Immigration 10.45. Out door by 11.15.

Edited by LivinginKata
typo

1 hour ago, LivinginKata said:

I can't say I have have a bad experience with IOs these many years for annual extensions. Might you 10+ years ago there were some not nice IOs. These days down in room 103 (I think) there is just the jovial IO outside checking papers and the 2 IOs inside. I have the application form on computer file, just change the date etc. Print it. Staple photo to it. Copies all pages in passport (scanned on PC file) on home printer. Home map on PC file. Photo of me front of house on file. Call in bank to get the bank letter and bank book copies. Takes me less than 30 minutes at Immigration. Stress free. Assume you have all your papers in order.  I go bank 09.30. Immigration 10.45. Out door by 11.15.

He wants suggestions for an agent NOT your experiences, please read the thread title.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, BangkokBoyJohnny said:

he definitely couldn't type ie he did not know the QWERTY keyboard layout and he had to type out a form on a WW II typewriter with two index fingers!

Ahh yes.........the "hunt and peck" method. I'm very familiar with it.

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

I was just trying to give him the will to DIY .... but oh well, what do I know. 

Actually I might go and give it a go myself this year, it did work well once a few years back.

And Mr Jovial outside is a pleasure to have a giggle with !

One sticking point was my 30 year lease was not sufficient as address, but was fine the next day when the agent presented it.

• Thanks 1

The OP is not getting advice about agents in Phuket because, from what I can ascertain, there are very few around because most long termers here have little trouble processing their own extensions. The dodgy, expensive agents seem to be more needed in BKK, CM or Pattaya where Immigration ripoffs are more common. The poster above who quoted a price lives in Pattaya. 

The Op is one of the very few I've heard of here who has used an agent - why not use that one again?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Old Croc said:

The OP is not getting advice about agents in Phuket because, from what I can ascertain, there are very few around because most long termers here have little trouble processing their own extensions. The dodgy, expensive agents seem to be more needed in BKK, CM or Pattaya where Immigration ripoffs are more common. The poster above who quoted a price lives in Pattaya. 

The Op is one of the very few I've heard of here who has used an agent - why not use that one again?

Cos it cost an extra 8,0000thb ....