Dtac unlimited internet data plan - 12call/AIS unlimited internet data plan - True mobile unlimited internet data plan

SePl

7 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

DTAC full unlimited (well, 100 mbps max, but no cap on transfer) is 1299/month and available from DTAC shop. The 1/4/8/10 mbps unlimited SIMs are available from Lazada/Shopee. Mutt Daeng even posted a link to one of these above. But you have to use the number that you get - can't transfer your number to it, so it's only for new number. Available from DTAC/AIS/True for roughly same prices.

Odd.  I've ONLY gone in to the dtac shop (pattaya central mall) and the most ever offered at unlimited to me was 20 (as a special) at that price.  Otherwise I paid 1299 for 10mbps every month I renew .

I saw that from matt.  Will probably take advantage of that.

You are saying ais also has deals on lazada like that?.

I don't care about the phone number...but does changing phone number mess up our LINE and whatsapp accounts on our phones?

^^^^^ from the AIS online store.

AIS, 10mbs for 1 year 1,790bht (100gb cap)

https://become-ais-family.ais.co.th/find-by-sim-type?categoryId=1151075

I have a dual SIM phone, all my bank accounts, Line, etc. are registered to an old Dtac SIM I've had forever.

Internet is on whatever is this years offer .... currently AIS 150bht/month for 4mbs internet and unlimite 15 min phone calls to all networks.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

<Snip>
I don't care about the phone number...but does changing phone number mess up our LINE and whatsapp accounts on our phones?

I left my existing sim (also DTAC) in my phone alongside my new internet sim. It has a small credit balance which is valid for 1 year. Before the end of the year I just need to do a minimal top up to keep the old sim active. That way, nothing changes for my existing contacts as they can still ring me on the old number. LINE and internet banking are unchanged and I don't use whatsapp, so I can't comment on that.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I agree with your comments regarding signal strength etc. Obviously, anyone who intends to buy one of these sims needs to determine which provider will be best for them BEFORE buying the sim card. As for topups, they can be done using Mobile Banking on your phone, so no need to go to a shop to do it. I am also getting a lot of marketing SMS on my new sim but that doesn't faze me.

You can block sim providers sms on your phone but you would then not get any reminders of top ups or sms codes for logging in to the sim provider website. You can unblock easily though 

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, soi3eddie said:

You can block sms on your phone but you would then not get any reminders of top ups or sms codes for logging in to the sim provider website. You can unblock easily though 

I'm pretty sure it won't let you block sms from your provider. Think I tried that before. Happy to be corrected though.

18 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

Odd.  I've ONLY gone in to the dtac shop (pattaya central mall) and the most ever offered at unlimited to me was 20 (as a special) at that price.  Otherwise I paid 1299 for 10mbps every month I renew .

image.png.a3c35cf1ab7b69549ffb90baad3de5e8.pngimage.png.8ca139c41a685f39d3eb9fac9a9ca097.pngimage.png.e978af8d95c2d339ebd70f81bb127755.pngimage.png.61419f4c8253a1e986584d778361a986.png

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/postpaid/products/package.html

image.png.4b43c22b75fb83bde02581b94a4b5618.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

In my experience on AIS I got fed up with all their marketing texts so added them to my block list. A few months later I needed to login to the AIS website but wasn't receiving the OTP text with the code to login. Then remembered I had blocked AIS. Unblocked and tried again AND OTP code arrived immediately. Followed by marketing texts everyday until blocked again. 

OK Thanks for the clarification.

33 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

For Line, make sure you register your email address and a password. Once you insert new SIM, it will recognise that the number has changed and ask you to move it to new one, and sign in with your email address/password (password doesn't need to be the same as in your email box, just something you login to Line with). If you use Line on your computer, you already login with email address, most likely.

Whatsapp also is a bit messy when moving the numbers, and you should prepare for it before you make the switch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dart12 said:

@tomazbodner I am reading those deals as PER MONTH payments.  Yes?

Yes, the quotas and amounts are per month. That includes that 5 GB global data allowance. It resets on your billing cycle.

Amounts do NOT include VAT.

Edited by tomazbodner
added note about VAT

3 hours ago, Dart12 said:

@Mutt Daeng, am I misreading your post that you paid about 1480 for One FULL YEAR of internet access?  or is that a monthly cost as well?

1490 baht for 1 year (from date of sim registration) unlimited internet access @10Mbps + free calls (max 15 mins duration per call) to other DTAC numbers. No further payments or top-ups of any kind. See screenshot

image4.jpg

Edited by Mutt Daeng
resized image
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

1490 baht for 1 year (from date of sim registration) unlimited internet access @10Mbps + free calls (max 15 mins duration per call) to other DTAC numbers. No further payments or top-ups of any kind. See screenshot

Screenshot_25630727_161719.jpg

WOW!  That is a freaking deal.

• Like 1

not that much of a deal actually... this plan is capped at 60 GB/month, after this amount of traffic the speed gets limited to 128 kbps.

anyway it's interesting as my current plan is postpaid 750 THB/mo for 6 Mbps unlimited (?) and my data usage is ~70 GB/mo. When this contract ends I will try that 10Mbps/60GB SIM.

Edited by fdsa

6 hours ago, fdsa said:

not that much of a deal actually... this plan is capped at 60 GB/month, after this amount of traffic the speed gets limited to 128 kbps.

anyway it's interesting as my current plan is postpaid 750 THB/mo for 6 Mbps unlimited (?) and my data usage is ~70 GB/mo. When this contract ends I will try that 10Mbps/60GB SIM.

Where does it say that the data is capped @60GB/month and then a speed limitation to 128Kbps will occur? Please provide a link.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, fdsa said:

He says it's not limited.  that it's unlimited at 10mbps 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

have you experienced any caps on data usage?

No, but I have only been using the sim for a short time. However, I would never use anywhere near the alleged 60GB/month cap on the phone. I don't usually watch TV/movies/sports on my 6-7 inch mobile screen, or cast from the phone to a TV. From time to time, I may watch short media clips when out and about. I have a 1000/500 Mbps fibre internet package @ home for watching TV/movies/sports etc.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, fdsa said:

Not a great deal. Even the month by month promos are 300 baht for 10 Mbps unlimited.

Strange that you would sign up for such a plan, when 10 Mbps unlimited was 200 baht per month from all networks, since last November at least.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dart12 said:

He says it's not limited.  that it's unlimited at 10mbps 

16 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

It is. Perhaps Mutt Daeng is confusing the package with one for Truemove H.

I don't think I'm confused. The DTAC sim I bought is NOT capped, unless someone can show (including a link to the source of the info) otherwise. I assumed @fdsa was talking about my sim, since he posted after a post from @Dart12 who thought I got a good deal.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Oztruckie said:

where do you live,have you ever checked the coverage area prior to choosing a isp,Dtac here in pattaya and surrounds probably have the worst coverage,the best by far is TrueMove H followed by AIS.

I live in Buriram province. DTAC 4G is good where I live. I was already on a DTAC prepaid data deal, so I knew what to expect. The free calls to DTAC numbers was also taken into consideration as Mrs MD is also on DTAC. I think I also said in a previous post in this thread that people should determine the best provider for them BEFORE buying one of these sims.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
typo
  • Like 1

@Eindhoven can you link me to one of these 200-300 baht month to month unlimited plans ?  I will most likely be leaving within 3 months so won't need a year for 2 seperate phones.

**I don't care about keeping my current number either.

I have barely used internet over past 2 months, but home internet has been bad for a week and I'd like to have a viable backup since I work online.  When we first got here, the condo I was renting had HORRIBLE internet...so we went to 200Gb a month or more easy streaming netflix during lockdown.

Edited by Dart12

1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I don't think I'm confused. The DTAC sim I bought is NOT capped, unless someone can show (including a link to the source of the info) otherwise. I assumed @fdsa was talking about my sim, since he posted after a post from @Dart12 who thought I got a good deal.

Sorry, I meant fdsa.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

@Eindhoven can you link me to one of these 200-300 baht month to month unlimited plans ?  I will most likely be leaving within 3 months so won't need a year for 2 seperate phones.

**I don't care about keeping my current number either.

I have barely used internet over past 2 months, but home internet has been bad for a week and I'd like to have a viable backup since I work online.  When we first got here, the condo I was renting had HORRIBLE internet...so we went to 200Gb a month or more easy streaming netflix during lockdown.

If you are looking at DTAC, the codes are in the first post.