Dtac unlimited internet data plan - 12call/AIS unlimited internet data plan - True mobile unlimited internet data plan

SePl

I'm using a AIS pocket mobile router on my laptop, it's unlimited 600 baht per month. I'm far from happy as it can get as high as 20Mbps but most times much lower even disconnecting regularly. I can't get any feedback from the locals as even the ones I know have very limited English. Does anyone know any options even changing my provider? I'm not to keen on doing this without consulting someone who knows what they're talking about. I don't mind spending money for the change but I don't want to end up with the same result.  Thanks.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mason45 said:

I'm using a AIS pocket mobile router on my laptop, it's unlimited 600 baht per month. I'm far from happy as it can get as high as 20Mbps but most times much lower even disconnecting regularly. I can't get any feedback from the locals as even the ones I know have very limited English. Does anyone know any options even changing my provider? I'm not to keen on doing this without consulting someone who knows what they're talking about. I don't mind spending money for the change but I don't want to end up with the same result.  Thanks.

Connected to all of the adapter reset threads that you abandon with regularity? 

I won't get involved as you don't even reply to most of the threads you begin.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

Are there any good Truemove data packages for new customers this month?

Need to get a new number so a better package would be nice 

Same as before. Annual packs via Lazada for between 1350(60 to 80 GB full speed) and 1850 baht(unlimited 10 Mbps) or unlimited, 2, 4 & 10 Mbps @ 150, 200 & 300 baht respectively.

• Like 1

My AIS unlimited plan expires next month. What is my best option while retaining my existing phone number? I've seen the 1990thb yearly packages on Lazada, but those use a new SIM. I really don't want to run 2 sims in this phone.

AIS sent me a link to browse new packages, but they're like 650thb monthly for 4mbs. (The only option I'm considering)

Does making a trip to the AIS store in the mall help my chances of getting a better deal with my existing number?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, frantick said:

My AIS unlimited plan expires next month. What is my best option while retaining my existing phone number? I've seen the 1990thb yearly packages on Lazada, but those use a new SIM. I really don't want to run 2 sims in this phone.

AIS sent me a link to browse new packages, but they're like 650thb monthly for 4mbs. (The only option I'm considering)

Does making a trip to the AIS store in the mall help my chances of getting a better deal with my existing number?

Unlikely. You can port your number over to DTAC or Truemove H to take advantage of their yearly deals or just for a short time, perhaps a month. Then port back to AIS.

Don't know if it's possible to do to number transfers in such a short time. 

But is it really a problem to run two SIMs in a dual SIM phone? Everything should work as if you were only running one SIM. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, frantick said:

Don't forget that they also offer unlimited 4 Mbps for existing SIM: 2500 baht per annum. 6 Mbps 3500 baht.

So that's another possible option for you.

• Like 2

On 11/4/2020 at 2:00 AM, Eindhoven said:
On 11/3/2020 at 10:17 PM, blackcab said:

Could you post a link to an example please. I need one of these.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sim-dtac-10mbps-12-i1094324059-s2482332667.html

I'm thinking on buying a similar package to above link for a one month road trip. My existing DTAC only does 330THB/week net unlimited 10mbps, so I thought a new SIM with same speed for one month at 300THB per month was a better deal?

Question, if I get a new SIM like this does it work straight out the box or do I have to go through some ID verification process? Can it be done online with a passport photo held up like I did many years ago for DTAC or what is the procedure these days if anything for this kind on SIM please?

27 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

I'm thinking on buying a similar package to above link for a one month road trip. My existing DTAC only does 330THB/week net unlimited 10mbps, so I thought a new SIM with same speed for one month at 300THB per month was a better deal?

Question, if I get a new SIM like this does it work straight out the box or do I have to go through some ID verification process? Can it be done online with a passport photo held up like I did many years ago for DTAC or what is the procedure these days if anything for this kind on SIM please?

If you get a SIM like that you can register it at the place that you buy it. 49 baht for the SIM, register it. Then you can add the credit of 300 baht and apply the USSD code for unlimited 10 Mbps.

If you are referring to the one year SIM, DTAC has an App for registration.

Edited by Eindhoven
  • Thanks 1

On 11/10/2020 at 8:57 PM, frantick said:

My AIS unlimited plan expires next month.

I used a code for an exisiting AIS SIM, 1 Mbps x 365 days for 1,800 THB.

There are codes for 90/180/365 days for all providers at varying speeds 1/4/6/10. You just have to search them out though the indirect channels. I followed some Lazada sellers through to Facebook for this code. Also got one for an exisitng DTAC SIM.

• Haha 1

Thanks for feedback. I bought a 300THB/10mbps/m SIM card from https://shopee.co.th/product/16717926/5242013922 

First time purchase for me. When it arrived (next day Korat - Bangkok) it says to call their shop number to activate. I called and just gave the SIM # and they called back 10 minutes later saying it was active. No ID or any other details asked for so very simple. Maybe they use the ID details from the online purchase?

The card comes with 5MB of free data that lasts a week from activation so you can make calls and access internet and then one can select the 30 days unlimited package from the AIS downloaded app that is already paid for using your own time frame as the SIM is valid 3 months.

Very happy with this system for a months travel on the road. Fraction the price for data from my existing prepaid card. I think all the providers sell similar SIMs so maybe next time I will try another provider.

Edited by Hamus Yaigh
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Thanks for feedback. I bought a 300THB/10mbps/m SIM card from https://shopee.co.th/product/16717926/5242013922 

First time purchase for me. When it arrived (next day Korat - Bangkok) it says to call their shop number to activate. I called and just gave the SIM # and they called back 10 minutes later saying it was active. No ID or any other details asked for so very simple. Maybe they use the ID details from the online purchase?

The card comes with 5MB of free data that lasts a week from activation so you can make calls and access internet and then one can select the 30 days unlimited package from the AIS downloaded app that is already paid for using your own time frame as the SIM is valid 3 months.

Very happy with this system for a months travel on the road. Fraction the price for data from my existing prepaid card. I think all the providers sell similar SIMs so maybe next time I will try another provider.

So you bought online 300 thb a SIM card with 300 thb refill ?

You could have bought it at any shop, so why buying online ? The promotion is not only for you, it's for anybody.

image.png.b3de948d22c78bd4aeaa02fbeb5a3b6b.png

• Like 2

On 11/15/2020 at 12:55 PM, mtls2005 said:
On 11/10/2020 at 8:57 PM, frantick said:

My AIS unlimited plan expires next month.

I used a code for an exisiting AIS SIM, 1 Mbps x 365 days for 1,800 THB.

There are codes for 90/180/365 days for all providers at varying speeds 1/4/6/10.

Very impressed with AIS no limit unlimited SIMs. Using a 4G phone I am getting unlimited Speedtest values of 70mbps at off peak times. I was expecting no more than 10mbps at all times. Great for watching live sports on the weekends.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RoninTech said:

Is something like this still available from an AIS store or would I need to get it from Lazada?

AIS_10mbs_unlimited.jpg

You can apply the codes shown yourself, within seven days of buy ing a registering a new SIM. Same deal for all of the networks.

15 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

You can apply the codes shown yourself, within seven days of buy ing a registering a new SIM. Same deal for all of the networks.

Cheers Bruno.  I'll flash the above image in an AIS store and see where it gets me.  I found it on a Lazada page as I couldn't find any info on it via the AIS website.

16 hours ago, thaicookingchef said:

available at any AIS store

Why post this? Not every AIS store will have access to the codes. I know, as I went into service centres and asked. Some had no idea.

Some only knew about the 349 baht Fixxy promo....which is not the same....and that was only because the sticker was fixed to their booth.

Sp please, try to not be so flippant. It's simply easier for RoninTech to apply the code to a newly registered SIM himself. No need to depend on whether the staff have knowledge of the promo or not.

• Haha 2

On 12/12/2020 at 9:59 AM, Bruno123 said:

Why post this? Not every AIS store will have access to the codes. I know, as I went into service centres and asked. Some had no idea.

Some only knew about the 349 baht Fixxy promo....which is not the same....and that was only because the sticker was fixed to their booth.

Sp please, try to not be so flippant. It's simply easier for RoninTech to apply the code to a newly registered SIM himself. No need to depend on whether the staff have knowledge of the promo or not.

Because it's simply the truth !

But I can see that as so many of the smart foreigners in this country, you prefer to believe a Thai who knows nothing than somebody who tells you exactly the facts. I guess that you also believe your wife when she speaks, right ? Keep doing ! you seem successful !

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

I have no idea what this gobbledegook is supposed to represent.

I stated that not all staff at service centres know about the promotion because I actually went to ask, rather than just posting some theoretical nonsense on TVF.

Then you follow it up by posting more nonsense about wives and Thai people....what is wrong with you? Stick to the topic.

It is simply easier to apply the code yourself. For what reason does he need to go to a service centre? Perhaps you can explain why he would need to do this, instead of simply applying the USSD code himself to a new SIM.

It seems that you are confused with all your accounts !

Your previous message was with account Bruno123 !

And it's not the first time that people notice that you are confused :-)

• Like 1

My AIS (bought off Lazada) 300THB/month unlimited 10mbps package expired yesterday - I bought it for 300THB so the balance is 0THB now. The SIM card is still active into next year - so it says on the AIS app.

1. Can I restart a new 300THB/month cycle in say 5 months time if I top up the SIM? I don't need it again until then.

2. Do I need to top up a small amount to extend validity of SIM?

3. Or do I need to go and buy a new SIM and start over when I need again in future? Wouldn't mind just keeping this one and using it on the odd day or two if possible.

1 hour ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

My AIS (bought off Lazada) 300THB/month unlimited 10mbps package expired yesterday - I bought it for 300THB so the balance is 0THB now. The SIM card is still active into next year - so it says on the AIS app.

1. Can I restart a new 300THB/month cycle in say 5 months time if I top up the SIM? I don't need it again until then.

2. Do I need to top up a small amount to extend validity of SIM?

3. Or do I need to go and buy a new SIM and start over when I need again in future? Wouldn't mind just keeping this one and using it on the odd day or two if possible.

Maybe yes, maybe no. The plan auto-renews for six months. After that, the promo might work or it might not. 

Mine has a 12 month auto-renewal, but I cannot remember if I've had it for more than 12 months or not.

• Thanks 1

On 12/14/2020 at 9:05 AM, Eindhoven said:

It is simply easier to apply the code yourself. For what reason does he need to go to a service centre? Perhaps you can explain why he would need to do this, instead of simply applying the USSD code himself to a new SIM.

I don't have an AIS sim so I need to go to an AIS store or ask someone at my ASQ hotel to get one for me.

Is the SIM special for this promo or will any current AIS SIM allow me to register this promo?  Thanks.

On 12/22/2020 at 1:55 AM, RoninTech said:

I don't have an AIS sim so I need to go to an AIS store or ask someone at my ASQ hotel to get one for me.

Is the SIM special for this promo or will any current AIS SIM allow me to register this promo?  Thanks.

You/They can get the SIM from anywhere that sells AIS SIM. You just need to apply the code within seven days of activating the SIM.