Bangkok bank to Deemoney

Sure.  Just use QR payment (using Bangkok Bank mbanking app) or setup a direct debit.  I prefer QR payment...easy...instant....and none of the possible issue with a direct debit setup.   Review the QR Code payment and Online Direct Debit info at below DeeMoney Help webpage.

https://help.deemoney.com/how-to-use-the-application/register-for-online-direct-debits-odd

Edited by Pib

On 7/26/2020 at 7:52 PM, Pib said:

Sure.  Just use QR payment (using Bangkok Bank mbanking app) or setup a direct debit.  I prefer QR payment...easy...instant....and none of the possible issue with a direct debit setup.   Review the QR Code payment and Online Direct Debit info at below DeeMoney Help webpage.

https://help.deemoney.com/how-to-use-the-application/register-for-online-direct-debits-odd

Hi Pib. Useful information.  I have been struggling with deemoney. I am finding the Bangkok Bank app difficult- no connectivity message,phone operating system not accepted. Was just curious why you think a direct debit from Bangkok Bank to Deemoney has possible issues. Cheers

I'm not a fan of direct debit with Thai banks....just don't want to setup a direct direct authorization which allows a company to pull money from my bank account, especially if the bill was wrong or their system gets hacked.  I would only do it if I didn't have any other way to push payment. 

Plus, unless something has changed to setting up the DeeMoney direct debit you will need to go to your bank branch or ATM to initially setup the direct debit authorization and then complete the setup on the DeeMoney app.  Then if you even want to cancel the direct debit authorization you need to go to the bank branch to cancel it with Bangkok Bank....you can't do it online or from the DeeMoney end.   Also be sure to checkout what your direct debit authorization limit is set to.

Yea, it's just I'm not a fan of direct debit with Thai banks.  I would only use it if there was no other easy way....but that's just me.   I prefer QR payment which allows me to confirm what I'm going to pay and I get to "push" the funds.

Funny you mention the Bangkok Bank app not working for you.  I read your post about 30 minutes this Saturday mid/1 Aug as I wanted to move some money between my Bangkok Bank accts using their mobile app but the app would not make a connection.  Kept trying it over the next hour or so while I was still out shopping with the wife...couldn't get logged on.  Got home at 2:40pm and gave it another try and the first logon failed....second logon attempt worked....but the app is moving along "really slow." 

As I write this at 2:58pm logon is a "little" faster....seems their mbanking is trying to get backup to speed.  With this being payday weekend I expect their mbanking servers are overloaded....I've seen this problem with Bangkok Bank quite a bit over the years...whether using their old mbanking app or their new mbanking app that's been out for a month or two now.  There ibanking will be up and running but their mbanking struggling.

Hopefully in another hour or two the Bangkok Bank mbanking will be back to full speed.  In fact I want to scan a DTAC bill to pay it and also do that money transfer using the app but I don't want to do it when their servers are struggling.   And I'm too lazy to log onto ibanking to do it that way since neither transaction needs to be done right now, today, etc.

Edit: P.S. after posting above I decided I would try to do that transfer between my Bangkok Bank accts using mbanking since I could not get logged on....but when actually trying the transfer it wouldn't work.  So, I logged onto my ibanking....ibanking logon was normal/fast and I did the transfer no problem.  Yeap, here on this Saturday/1 Aug payday weekend the Bangkok Bank mbanking is having problems....mbanking servers probably can't handle the payday weekend workload....but their ibanking servers are not having any problems. 

Edited by Pib

9 minutes ago, Pib said:

I'm not a fan of direct debit with Thai banks....just don't want to setup a direct direct authorization which allows a company to pull money from my bank account, especially if the bill was wrong or their system gets hacked.  I would only do it if I didn't have any other way to push payment. 

Plus, unless something has changed to setting up the DeeMoney direct debit you will need to go to your bank branch or ATM to initially setup the direct debit authorization and then complete the setup on the DeeMoney app.  Then if you even want to cancel the direct debit authorization you need to go to the bank branch to cancel it with Bangkok Bank....you can't do it online or from the DeeMoney end.   Also be sure to checkout what your direct debit authorization limit is set to.

Yea, it's just I'm not a fan of direct debit with Thai banks.  I would only use it if there was no other easy way....but that's just me.   I prefer QR payment which allows me to confirm what I'm going to pay and I get to "push" the funds.

Funny you mention the Bangkok Bank app not working for you.  I read your post about 30 minutes this Saturday mid/1 Aug as I wanted to move some money between my Bangkok Bank accts using their mobile app but the app would not make a connection.  Kept trying it over the next hour or so while I was still out shopping with the wife...couldn't get logged on.  Got home at 2:40pm and gave it another try and the first logon failed....second logon attempt worked....but the app is moving along "really slow." 

As I write this at 2:58pm logon is a "little" faster....seems their mbanking is trying to get backup to speed.  With this being payday weekend I expect their mbanking servers are overloaded....I've seen this problem with Bangkok Bank quite a bit over the years...whether using their old mbanking app or their new mbanking app that's been out for a month or two now.  There ibanking will be up and running but their mbanking struggling.

Hopefully in another hour or two the Bangkok Bank mbanking will be back to full speed.  In fact I want to scan a DTAC bill to pay it and also do that money transfer using the app but I don't want to do it when their servers are struggling.   And I'm too lazy to log onto ibanking to do it that way since neither transaction needs to be done right now, today, etc.

Great thanks. I just went to the Pattaya Central branch and the girl there insisted that the only way to send money was an old style inter bank transfer. I'll try the app again. I think I can set up a direct debit at the ATM. I'll try the app first. Thank you again.

4 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

Great thanks. I just went to the Pattaya Central branch and the girl there insisted that the only way to send money was an old style inter bank transfer. I'll try the app again. I think I can set up a direct debit at the ATM. I'll try the app first. Thank you again.

If you want to setup a Direct Debit this DeeMoney video shows how.

I also see DeeMoney now has something called "Direct Bank Payment" that seems easy....that was not available when I first started using DeeMoney...don't know when this new capability was added....don't know anything more than what their video shows.

https://help.deemoney.com/how-to-use-the-application/send-money

9 minutes ago, Pib said:

I also see DeeMoney now has something called "Direct Bank Payment" that seems easy....that was not available when I first started using DeeMoney...don't know when this new capability was added....don't know anything more than what their video shows.

https://help.deemoney.com/how-to-use-the-application/send-money

Well, I after posting above about "Direct Bank Payment" from DeeMoney support webpage my curiosity  drove me to check out what this "direct bank payment" method was.  But when logging onto my DeeMoney acct via computer browser or their mobile app when you go into your My Bank area it says they no longer support it.  Seems they should remove that info from their support website if they no longer have the capability....misleading their capabilities.

image.png.249b1addf49780f3e8688e06230e739e.png

41 minutes ago, Pib said:

Edit: P.S. after posting above I decided I would try to do that transfer between my Bangkok Bank accts using mbanking since I could not get logged on....but when actually trying the transfer it wouldn't work.  So, I logged onto my ibanking....ibanking logon was normal/fast and I did the transfer no problem.  Yeap, here on this Saturday/1 Aug payday weekend the Bangkok Bank mbanking is having problems....mbanking servers probably can't handle the payday weekend workload....but their ibanking servers are not having any problems. 

At 3:40pm I was able to pay the DTAC bill by bar code scan payment using the Bangkok Bank mbanking app.  App seems to be moving along now at "almost" normal speed...and a person can actually do a transaction after getting logged on.

23 hours ago, Pib said:

At 3:40pm I was able to pay the DTAC bill by bar code scan payment using the Bangkok Bank mbanking app.  App seems to be moving along now at "almost" normal speed...and a person can actually do a transaction after getting logged on.

Thanks. It all became too hard yesterday. The bank app didn't like my phone so set up on my wife's. I nearly did the qr code transfer but became frightened when it said to Sawasdee Shop and not Dee Money even though the Dee Money account number matched. I'll keep checking it out. Thanks.

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

Would it not be easier to travel to Deemomey in Bangkok register with passport then hand over the cash at the counter ?

Am in Pattaya. It ended up being a quite easy process once the Bangkok Bank app was running. I was caught up by Sawasdee Shop not Dee Money but rang them to verify