Extension for Thai Children

I have an extension for being the father of Thai kids.

It is stamped until 30 Oct. I thought I would just go on that date but someone told me I have to go earlier and show the cash in the Bank. The first time, I wasn't asked for bank statements after 1 month. 

Does anyone know if I go before the 30th and if so, how many days?

Cheers

NN

If you are on a one-year extension of your permission to stay based on your Thai kids, the only requirement before October is to do the 90-day address report before the end of August (assuming you have not done one recently).

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

If you are on a one-year extension of your permission to stay based on your Thai kids, the only requirement before October is to do the 90-day address report before the end of August (assuming you have not done one recently).

Why would he need to do a 90 day report before the end of August? Don´t you mean end of this month, July?

34 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Why would he need to do a 90 day report before the end of August? Don´t you mean end of this month, July?

The reports are not due until after September 26th under the new extension of the ministerial notice issued on April 7th.

Immigration has posted that they should be done between August 1st and 31st if you have already skipped them.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

It is stamped until 30 Oct. I thought I would just go on that date but someone told me I have to go earlier and show the cash in the Bank.

You do not have to do anything until the day you apply for your extension in October.

I think somebody was confusing a extension based upon retirement with those for marriage or being the parent of a Thai

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The reports are not due until after September 26th under the new extension of the ministerial notice issued on April 7th.

Immigration has posted that they should be done between August 1st and 31st if you have already skipped them.

Ok, thanks. Missed that one. 

On 7/27/2020 at 7:01 AM, ubonjoe said:

You do not have to do anything until the day you apply for your extension in October.

I think somebody was confusing a extension based upon retirement with those for marriage or being the parent of a Thai

Thanks Joe, I suspected that and wanted  to check with the expert????. Could I do it early, if so how long? 

5 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Could I do it early, if so how long? 

Up to 45 days at Khon Kaen immigration according to some reports.

But remember that your 30 day under consideration period will start from the day you current extension ends.

• Thanks 1

On 7/27/2020 at 6:59 AM, ubonjoe said:

Hope I can tack a question in this thread.

I have never done a 90 day address report and will need to do one during August.

Can I do it by mail or being my first need to addend CW in person? Thank you.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Up to 45 days at Khon Kaen immigration according to some reports.

But remember that your 30 day under consideration period will start from the day you current extension ends.

Ah, thanks. Am I correct that the 400k in the bank is only asked for on the day I apply for the visa and not after 30 days? Last time they never asked for it, but I did leave it in.

30 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Ah, thanks. Am I correct that the 400k in the bank is only asked for on the day I apply for the visa and not after 30 days? Last time they never asked for it, but I did leave it in.

I think they will be wanting it to still be in the bank at the end of the under consideration permit when you go back for your extension stamp.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I think they will be wanting it to still be in the bank at the end of the under consideration permit when you go back for your extension stamp.

I have never been asked to show this in Khon Kaen.