THAI plans two special flights to Frankfurt next month

webfact

THAI plans two special flights to Frankfurt next month

By The Nation

800_0ee56f39531a9d0.jpg?v=1595746940

Thai Airways will operate two special Bangkok-Frankfurt return flights in August to facilitate travel for passengers who wish to return to Germany and for those who want to come back to Thailand.

Chansin Treenuchagron, acting president of Thai Airways, said that the flights were aimed at German people who were stranded or anyone who would fly to Frankfurt before travelling to other cities.

TG922 will leave Bangkok for Frankfurt at 12.25am on August 10 and 21 and they will reach Germany at 7pm local time.

The flights will strictly follow preventive measures for Covid-19 and physical distancing will be applied in every process including cargo.

Thai people who are still stranded in Germany can also return by those flights by registering via the website of the Thai Embassy in Berlin.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30391959

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-27

• Like 1

I just don't understand what is going on here. This complaining about "not enough flights to and from Thailand" by Thai administration and embassies.

Commercial flight are forbidden. Airlines are eager to fly, they just wait for the green light and some clear rules.

• Like 1

Well to be honest, it looks like because of there announced closure until September they need to advertise these special repatriation flights if indeed that's what they truly are.  I would still be wary. For Thais in Germany they need to verify these flights are authorized for them thru the embassy.

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Rather a shame the Germans don't impose their restrictions on Thailand too in my opinion

quote : For China, Japan and South Korea a lifting of entry restrictions is subject to confirmation of reciprocity.

Why should they impose restrictions if it does not make sense? 

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Rather a shame the Germans don't impose their restrictions on Thailand too in my opinion

quote : For China, Japan and South Korea a lifting of entry restrictions is subject to confirmation of reciprocity.

The decision made by the EU to allow visitors from the 12 countries on the list (with low covid numbers) is an advice. It's up to the individual members to follw or not. Or even make their own restrictions on some countries. My guess Germany hoped that Japan, South Korea and China would open up their borders to German citizens which they refused. So Germany decided to block them. Why Thailand nobody understands or yes perhaps there is a reason........

18 hours ago, NanLaew said:

They don't.

So?

THAI is also expected to file for protection under Chapter 11 in the United States. About 49 per cent of THAI’s 200 billion baht debt is owed to foreign creditors, mainly in the US, England and Germany

https://www.thaienquirer.com/13611/thai-bankruptcy-court-accepts-thais-restructuring-filing/

But am lead to believe they've filed for bankruptcy protection in these countries so assets cannot be seized.

I think these TG flights are solid as they are, more or less, charter flights for repats ex-FRA. TG is just making it known, and hoping to get some revenue, for the BKK-FRA flights, which will help foreigners to leave Thailand.

There are buckets of flights leaving Thailand. LH 773 flew last night BKK to FRA. KL 888 to AMS, KE 652 to ICN, EY 405 to AUH, JL and NH flights to HND, and Qatar had two flgihts departing today already: QR 8369 and QR 837. There are more, too many to list. 

3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

THAI is also expected to file for protection under Chapter 11 in the United States. About 49 per cent of THAI’s 200 billion baht debt is owed to foreign creditors, mainly in the US, England and Germany

https://www.thaienquirer.com/13611/thai-bankruptcy-court-accepts-thais-restructuring-filing/

But am lead to believe they've filed for bankruptcy protection in these countries so assets cannot be seized.

I think these TG flights are solid as they are, more or less, charter flights for repats ex-FRA. TG is just making it known, and hoping to get some revenue, for the BKK-FRA flights, which will help foreigners to leave Thailand.

There are buckets of flights leaving Thailand. LH 773 flew last night BKK to FRA. KL 888 to AMS, KE 652 to ICN, EY 405 to AUH, JL and NH flights to HND, and Qatar had two flgihts departing today already: QR 8369 and QR 837. There are more, too many to list. 

Remember that many of those may have no passengers onboard and only commerce is moving between the countries this way.  They more than likely arrived with commerce on board and maybe some repatriated people.  No one is flying here yet just for normal international flight reasons such as transporting folks for tourism.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Remember that many of those may have no passengers onboard and only commerce is moving between the countries this way. 

inbound, yes. Outbound, no, plenty of passengers leaving Thailand.

Skads of planes are flying into Bangkok, maybe with some cargo - most are categorized as positioning flights so no pax (repat flights are classigfied differently) - and then flying out with pax.

Missing your point(s).

30 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Anyone who is brave enough to put up cash now for any airline ticket is in risk of losing it all.

no refund and no flight.   imo

Looks like I've lost the cost of 3 tickets with BA, booked in March, unless the extend the length of my vouchers. 

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Looks like I've lost the cost of 3 tickets with BA, booked in March, unless the extend the length of my vouchers. 

sorry to hear that, I'm having a fight with AA at this time trying to recover thousands. It's just delay, delay ..delay.

• Like 2