Looking for wooden tables for open air Thai Restaurant

westbounder

Hi,

I'm looking for a shop in C Rai that sells home made wooden tables and chairs

that you see in most Thai restaurants in and outside of the City.  I am posting a picture

of the chairs and wood shelfs that are similar.

Thank You Kindly...

IMG_20200727_110248.jpg

IMG_20200727_110327.jpg

This place is no good to you, it's in northern BKK, but I'm sure you have similar places recycling timber products (ok pallets), you can see the raw materials out back.

Take a ride around your area or show this photo to your local motorcy-taxi chaps, if they don't know something it's not worth knowing.

Untitled.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Randell said:

There one shop beside  the entrance to Makro CR. All that type of wood products

This place (Makro is to the right in the image)?

Certainly looks promising, if they don't have then they will know someone who does.

Untitled.jpg

There are quite a few shops in Chiang Rai that specialize in selling the type of wooden furniture pictured. As Crossy posted, most will have their wares visible from the road as you drive by. 

There's also a large-ish shop on the oposite side and just prior to Browney Pet World.

We did the rounds checking prices vs construction quality a few years ago to outfit an open-air soupshop. Probably found at least 10 shops on the various main roads leading out of Chiang Rai.

Edited by RichCor

Crossy beat me to it ,they are a lot of locale restaurants that use old pallets made in to furniture ,a roadside guy near me was selling table 4 chairs 1500 baht, made from old pallets.

Or, ask around and find a local guy to make you some ,could be to your design, no middle man to.

I found with most outside wood furniture it was best to soak the lower 2 or 3 inches  anti termite and ant solution and then just the occasional shot of spray on the feet or legs of the table or chairs will keep  it bug free for years.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...