Multiple-Entry Non-O Visa Based on Marriage during COVID-19

7 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

... your only option left would then be to relocate to a different province with a more accomodating IO that would let you apply for the 1-year extension of stay, even while under the Amnesty.

Relocating would require a rental contract for a place in that other province, and with that rental contract do your TM30 (or TM27) change of address at the local IO of that province.

Physically relocating is not required, if you prefer staying in your present place, but you might need to be there during the 'under consideration' period during which your local IO might visit your place, to check whether you are actually 'living' there.

Not sure this would work. Here in Chiang Mai, although they will extend you on amnesty, they do come visit you at home *AND* require testimony from a neighbor to confirm that you indeed live here. The neighbor needs to go to Immigration and sign an official statement. In other words, the move to a new province needs to look genuine, especially to neighbors. So I would recommend a physical relocation from well before your planned application date until receiving the extension stamp after the under-consideration period. 

8 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

... your only option left would then be to relocate to a different province with a more accomodating IO that would let you apply for the 1-year extension of stay, even while under the Amnesty.

Relocating would require a rental contract for a place in that other province, and with that rental contract do your TM30 (or TM27) change of address at the local IO of that province.

Physically relocating is not required, if you prefer staying in your present place, but you might need to be there during the 'under consideration' period during which your local IO might visit your place, to check whether you are actually 'living' there.

20 minutes ago, PFV said:

Not sure this would work. Here in Chiang Mai, although they will extend you on amnesty, they do come visit you at home *AND* require testimony from a neighbor to confirm that you indeed live here. The neighbor needs to go to Immigration and sign an official statement. In other words, the move to a new province needs to look genuine, especially to neighbors. So I would recommend a physical relocation from well before your planned application date until receiving the extension stamp after the under-consideration period. 

Relocating a couple of days before application, will SURELY work when your local IO does not  want to handle your application for the 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your thai wife/dependant child, because you are on the Amnesty.

It would similarly work if you apply for the 1-year extension of stay based on your Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement.

The only case where you might experience some trouble, is when directly applying for the 1-year extension of stay based on your Non Imm O Visa for reason of MARRIAGE.

Some IOs (not all) would pay you an announced or non-announced visit during the 'under consideration period' to check whether you and your thai wife are indeed staying at that new place you relocated to.

>> This 'relocation option' is certainly worth considering when you are with your back against the wall because of your local IO refusing to accept your application for the 60-day or 1-year extension of stay, because of you being on the Amnesty. 

When the alternative is being forced to leave Thailand at the end of the Amnesty, it's just a matter of finding a more accomodating IO and temporarily relocating there.

Note: When you first apply for the 60-day extension of stay at that new IO, you could of course once you got that 60-day permission to stay relocate back to your 'real' home.  The difference being that you would now be able to apply for the 1-year extension of stay from a 'valid' permission to stay granted from the 60-day extension of stay, which would be accepted by your local IO.

4 hours ago, Max69xl said:

If you're married the financial requirement is an average of 40k/month instead of at least 65k/month. A bit easier to meet. Do you have any savings in a Thai bank? You might be able to use the combination method. 

The combination method is only available for retirement not marriage.

On 7/27/2020 at 3:19 PM, steve187 said:

you are covered by the amnesty and near to the 26th Sept as a one off on each entry you can obtain a 60 day extension, you are better off than a lot of other categories of visa holder

Not if you have already used the 60 day extension. I got that just before the amnesty.  It expired on 9 June. 

I've exhaustively covered this in various threads with respect to Kalasin I O. In a nutshell they won't do it they  advise me on income basis without a full 12 months of at least  40k per month. I wasn't here between August and December 2019 and although I did make transfers to support my wife, they were less than 40k. They seemed to want it to be a pension and they wanted evidence for the source of the payments..It would not be a problem showing them 2, even 7, months now of over 40k. It is a pension but flexi access on demand not one regular monthly payment so often several in a month, most but not all of which has been sent here since the New Year. I do now have a letter which might satisfy them on source.

'It was clear they much prefer money in the bank but I can't do it  this year. Not planned for. Anyway both on the previous amnesty expiry date and the current one it was almost instantly too late to meet the 2 month seasoning requirement.

Result: I gave up  before the new amnesty end date and will be leaving fairly soon for my other home in France. To return who knows when. Current  restrictions are just too onerous.

M

Mywife was to accompany me on a 90 day Schengen visa but now she and her family think it too risky to head in to Europe and also too difficult to return. So she almost certainly will stay here now. Unfortunately last year we had a 5 month separation due to a number of factors. It was not a happy time. Looks like it's going to happen again, perhaps for longer. Very testing for both of us.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Not if you have already used the 60 day extension. I got that just before the amnesty.  It expired on 9 June. 

I've exhaustively covered this in various threads with respect to Kalasin I O. In a nutshell they won't do it they  advise me on income basis without a full 12 months of at least  40k per month. I wasn't here between August and December 2019 and although I did make transfers to support my wife, they were less than 40k. They seemed to want it to be a pension and they wanted evidence for the source of the payments..It would not be a problem showing them 2, even 7, months now of over 40k. It is a pension but flexi access on demand not one regular monthly payment so often several in a month, most but not all of which has been sent here since the New Year. I do now have a letter which might satisfy them on source.

'It was clear they much prefer money in the bank but I can't do it  this year. Not planned for. Anyway both on the previous amnesty expiry date and the current one it was almost instantly too late to meet the 2 month seasoning requirement.

Result: I gave up  before the new amnesty end date and will be leaving fairly soon for my other home in France. To return who knows when. Current  restrictions are just too onerous.

M

Mywife was to accompany me on a 90 day Schengen visa but now she and her family think it too risky to head in to Europe and also too difficult to return. So she almost certainly will stay here now. Unfortunately last year we had a 5 month separation due to a number of factors. It was not a happy time. Looks like it's going to happen again, perhaps for longer. Very testing for both of us.

Try to get a Income letter from the French Embassy based on your pension. That would do it, no other financial proof needed.

I feel your pain, hope this gets resolved. Much strength to you and wife.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Not if you have already used the 60 day extension. ...

I've exhaustively covered this in various threads with respect to Kalasin I O. ...

When Kalasin IO is 'playing hardball' you could simply relocate to a different province with a more accomodating IO that would let you apply for the 1-year extension of stay, even while under the Amnesty.

The info on how to do this is addressed in detail in post #94 above.

It's just a matter of finding another IO willing to accept your application, and it seems according to a recent post that CM is willing to do it.

The option provided by @stoicccc to get an Embassy certified Affidavit or Embassy certified foreign monthly-income statement would not be possible in your case as you have a UK passport.  But a recent post confirmed that at Jomtien the IO accepted the pension-statement issued by the applicants UK pension-provider without having it certified by the Embassy.

7 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

But a recent post confirmed that at Jomtien the IO accepted the pension-statement issued by the applicants UK pension-provider without having it certified by the Embassy.

That is not at a requirement at any immigration office as far as I know. Showing the original and attaching a copy of it is enough.

That is what a did last year and it was accepted.

Of course if it was not in english it would have to be translated to Thai.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not at a requirement at any immigration office as far as I know. Showing the original and attaching a copy of it is enough.

That is what a did last year and it was accepted.

Of course if it was not in english it would have to be translated to Thai.

An 'Embassy certified pension-statement' is mentioned on the Requirements Checklist for a 1-year extension of stay at the IOs of SiRacha, Trat and Hat Yai (see attached).

Trat monthly pension statement.jpg

SiRacha - Marriageextdocs_Eng.pdf Hat Yai - 1-year Marriage extension requirements dd May 2020.pdf

2 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

An 'Embassy certified pension-statement' is mentioned on the Requirements Checklist for a 1-year extension of stay at the IOs of SiRacha, Trat and Hat Yai (see attached).

I am sure they mean a letter or some other document for proof of income. Some offices refer to them as as a statement. At some embassies that actually confirm the  statement and certify it as true and correct for proof of income.

When using an actual statement to prove the source of income when using transfers into the country it would not be needed.

• Thanks 1

I just got back from Kalasin immigration to ask them about my options of extending my Non O visa based on marriage if the boarders dont open up in the next couple months. Very friendly bunch working at that office I might say. I stated that it was not possible for me to have the 400k requirement in my bank account and that if the 40k monthly income option was available. The IO went to check with her boss and said yes no problem can use 40k option. She stated It has to be for two months as its my first extension, they want proof of source of funds, my bank book and bank letter confirming that the funds sent to my Thai account were from abroad which is al doable for me.

IO said come back and do your one year extension before September 26. Now I just realized that I wont have the 40k in my account for 2 months before the September 26 deadline as my first months 40k transfer from abroad wont happen until next week. In that case is it possible to use my 60 day extension to visit my wife before September 26 as I havent used it yet and apply for my extension the end of October as my non O visa expires November 4th?

Edited by time2093
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, time2093 said:

I just got back from Kalasin immigration to ask them about my options of extending my Non O visa based on marriage if the boarders dont open up in the next couple months. Very friendly bunch working at that office I might say. I stated that it was not possible for me to have the 400k requirement in my bank account and that if the 40k monthly income option was available. The IO went to check with her boss and said yes no problem can use 40k option. She stated It has to be for two months as its my first extension, they want proof of source of funds, my bank book and bank letter confirming that the funds sent to my Thai account were from abroad which is al doable for me.

IO said come back and do your one year extension before September 26. Now I just realized that I wont have the 40k in my account for 2 months before the September 26 deadline as my first months 40k transfer from abroad wont happen until next week. In that case is it possible to use my 60 day extension to visit my wife before September 26 as I havent used it yet and apply for my extension the end of October as my non O visa expires November 4th?

Thanks for posting.I don't think the 2 deposits need to mature for 2 months I think you just need to show 2 consecutive monthly deposits.

Can I ask if your Non O visa expired or is it still valid?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Thanks for posting.I don't think the 2 deposits need to mature for 2 months I think you just need to show 2 consecutive monthly deposits.

Still valid, It expires November 4

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, time2093 said:

From what you wrote I deduct that you are here on a 1-year ME Non Imm O marriage Visa fo which the 90-day permission to stay obviously already expired, so you are presently on the Amnesty extension.

You are lucky that your Kalassin IO confirmed that they would be willing to accept your application for the 1-year extension of stay, even with your permission to stay expired and you now on the Amnesty extension.

And that they have no problem you waiting for doing that application till just before the 26 September Amnesty dead-line.

So you have plenty of time to meet the financial requirements.

It is correct that you cannot meet the 2-months seasoning requirement anymore when applying directly for the 1-year extension of stay using the 400K funds-in-bank method, as we are already 29 July.  But you could of course when you prefer that method, first apply for the 60-days extension of stay which will start from 27 September and will give you time till 26 November to do the application for the 1-year extension of stay.

When using the 400K funds-in-bank method when applying for the 1-year extension of stay (in your case you would first have to apply for the 60-days extension to meet the 2-months seasoning requirement), there is NO need to prove the foreign origins of that 400K nor the source.  And after your under consideration period - which can take 3-4 weeks - you would then be free to use those 400K as you please, and would only need to top up to 400K in the 2 months preceding your next 1-year extension of stay application.

Imo that's a more attractive option than the monthly-income transfer method, which would require you to transfer each and every month 40K with both the foreign origins and the source of that foreign income proven.

If you prefer that monthly-income transfer method you still have ample time to meet the requirements, as it only requires 2 transfers done in the months before you apply - i.e. one transfer of +40K in August and one transfer of +40K in September would be sufficient to meet the requirements.  So in that case there is not even the need for you to make use of the 'intermediate' 60-days extension of stay application, as you have enough time to do those 2 required transfers (with foreign origins proven) in the months of August and September.

Just now, Peter Denis said:

From what you wrote I deduct that you are here on a 1-year ME Non Imm O marriage Visa fo which the 90-day permission to stay obviously already expired, so you are presently on the Amnesty extension.

You are lucky that your Kalassin IO confirmed that they would be willing to accept your application for the 1-year extension of stay, even with your permission to stay expired and you now on the Amnesty extension.

And that they have no problem you waiting for doing that application till just before the 26 September Amnesty dead-line.

So you have plenty of time to meet the financial requirements.

It is correct that you cannot meet the 2-months seasoning requirement anymore when applying directly for the 1-year extension of stay using the 400K funds-in-bank method, as we are already 29 July.  But you could of course when you prefer that method, first apply for the 60-days extension of stay which will start from 27 September and will give you time till 26 November to do the application for the 1-year extension of stay.

When using the 400K funds-in-bank method when applying for the 1-year extension of stay (in your case you would first have to apply for the 60-days extension to meet the 2-months seasoning requirement), there is NO need to prove the foreign origins of that 400K nor the source.  And after your under consideration period - which can take 3-4 weeks - you would then be free to use those 400K as you please, and would only need to top up to 400K in the 2 months preceding your next 1-year extension of stay application.

Imo that's a more attractive option than the monthly-income transfer method, which would require you to transfer each and every month 40K with both the foreign origins and the source of that foreign income proven.

If you prefer that monthly-income transfer method you still have ample time to meet the requirements, as it only requires 2 transfers done in the months before you apply - i.e. one transfer of +40K in August and one transfer of +40K in September would be sufficient to meet the requirements.  So in that case there is not even the need for you to make use of the 'intermediate' 60-days extension of stay application, as you have enough time to do those 2 required transfers (with foreign origins proven) in the months of August and September.

Hi Peter, I will not have enough time to reach the 2 month 40k deposit as the deadline is September 26 to extend it for the year as I will have my first transfer from abroad next week August 5 so the 2 months will be October 5. The 400k rout is not an option for me. I guess I have no other choice but to get the 60 extension then apply of the one year.

But can I apply for the one year extension if my visa expires on November 4 and my 60 day permission to stay will be good till November 24?

23 minutes ago, time2093 said:

1 - Hi Peter, I will not have enough time to reach the 2 month 40k deposit as the deadline is September 26 to extend it for the year as I will have my first transfer from abroad next week August 5 so the 2 months will be October 5. The 400k rout is not an option for me. I guess I have no other choice but to get the 60 extension then apply of the one year.

2 - But can I apply for the one year extension if my visa expires on November 4 and my 60 day permission to stay will be good till November 24?

1 - When you apply end of September for the 1-year permission to stay, you ONLY need to show that you did a +40K transfer in month of August and one in month of September.  The money of the 40K transfer does not even have to stay on your bank, as it is meant for living expenses and you can take it out immediately after it arrived.  But IO will want to see that such foreign monthly-income transfer arrived in month of August, and same in month of September on your personal thai bank-account.  So plenty of time, if that is your preferred choice of meeting the financial requirements (but be aware that you would need to prove both the foreign origins of those +40K transfers as well as the source of your foreign monthly income).

2 - The validity of your 1-year Non Imm O marriage Visa (November 24) is NOT relevant.  What is relevant is the permission to stay you got from that Visa on entry.  That 90-days permission to stay has already expired of course, and so you are now on the Amnesty extension.

Note: That 24 November date would only be relevant for you if before that date the borders open again, as it would allow you to do a quick border-run and be stamped in again for a 90-days permission to stay.

>>> When applying for the 60-day extension of stay end of September, it will start from 27 September and you will get a permission to stay till 24 November.  When doing so you would be able to make use of the 400K funds-in-bank method (NO need to prove foreign origins nor source), as you would then have sufficient time to put 400K on your personal thai bank-account (latest mid September).

>> Since your Kallasin IO confirmed that they are willing to handle your application for the 1-year extension, even with you now being on the Amnesty you are quite lucky.

ALL your options are still open, it's just a matter of chosing the one which is most convenient for you.

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

After entering the country a visas expiration date means nothing. It is only the last day you can use it to enter the country.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

(but be aware that you would need to prove both the foreign origins of those +40K transfers as well as the source of your foreign monthly income).

Aren't proof of foreign origins and proof proof of source of income pretty much the same thing as the IO just said to me they want to see where the money is coming from?

Edited by time2093

2 minutes ago, time2093 said:

Aren't the proof of foreign origins and proof pf source of income pretty much the same thing as the IO just said to me they want to see where the money is coming from?

NO, they are not same thing.

When using the +40K monthly income transfer method, you need to provide evidence of its foreign origins, in other words that the funds arriving on your personal thai bank-account were sent from a FOREIGN bank-account.  Providing evidence for that is a PITA but it is just a nuisance.

But IOs can on top of the foreign origins of those monthly income transfers, also require that the SOURCE of that income is proven (to avoid you recycling the funds, or at least make it more difficult to do so).  And some IOs only accept a pension-statement as proof of source of that foreign income.  Some even require that such pension-statement is certified as genuine by your Embassy, or an official translation of it when not in english.

When not receiving pension, or when being a US, UK or Australian citizen (of who the Embassy don't issue income statements anymore), it is not possible to use the +40K monthly income transfer method at those offices.

In that case you are confined to using the 400K funds-in-bank method when applying for the 1-year extension based on your Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage.

When using that 400K funds-in-bank method neither the foreign origins nor the source of those funds, needs to be proven.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

When using the +40K monthly income transfer method, you need to provide evidence of its foreign origins, in other words that the funds arriving on your personal thai bank-account were sent from a FOREIGN bank-account.  Providing evidence for that is a PITA but it is just a nuisance.

But IOs can on top of the foreign origins of those monthly income transfers, also require that the SOURCE of that income is proven (to avoid you recycling the funds, or at least make it more difficult to do so).  And some IOs only accept a pension-statement as proof of source of that foreign income.  Some even require that such pension-statement is certified as genuine by your Embassy, or an official translation of it when not in english.

When not receiving pension, or when being a US, UK or Australian citizen (of who the Embassy don't issue income statements anymore), it is not possible to use the +40K monthly income transfer method at those offices.

In that case you are confined to using the 400K funds-in-bank method when applying for the 1-year extension based on your Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage.

When using that 400K funds-in-bank method neither the foreign origins nor the source of those funds, needs to be proven.

"And some IOs only accept a pension-statement as proof of source of that foreign income."

Every immigration office accepts a stamped and signed letter from a pension provider, in your words "pension-statement" as proof of source. Several income letters from European embassies/consulates shows both the source(s) and the total amount. Every experienced immigration officer knows which income letters are the real deal and which are sometimes a bit questionable. Like I told you earlier, Jomtien Immigration have quite recently questioned the income letter from the Canadian embassy. One guy had to get a proof of source before they accepted his 1 year extension based on retirement. Personally I don't know what their income letter shows. 

Edited by Max69xl
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, time2093 said:

Hi Peter, I will not have enough time to reach the 2 month 40k deposit as the deadline is September 26 to extend it for the year as I will have my first transfer from abroad next week August 5 so the 2 months will be October 5.

40K August 5th.

40K Sept 5th.

Apply before 26th with 2 x monthly transfers.

1 hour ago, time2093 said:

Aren't proof of foreign origins and proof proof of source of income pretty much the same thing as the IO just said to me they want to see where the money is coming from?

No, proof of foreign origin is proved by your Thai bank statement/Passbook which must prove the transfer came from overseas.

Source of Income, is where the money comes from in the first instance. A letter/statement from your Pension provider or a Government pension statement as examples.

• Thanks 1

@time2093

In addition, if you intend to apply for another annual extension in 2021, then you must continue with minimum 40K monthly overseas transfer throughout the year.

For subsequent extensions it is 12 x 40K transfers.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

OK thanks for clearing that up for me. I'm not of pension age yet so that's not possible even if IO want to see something regarding that. What if I have savings in my country abroad and I get my family to send me 2 transfers of 40k, a copy of the bank transfer from abroad plus a letter explaining the reason of the transfer as savings from previous businesses I had years ago which have now all defunct or them paying me back money I lent them or something in that nature. Do you think that will be acceptable with immigration here.?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, time2093 said:

OK thanks for clearing that up for me. I'm not of pension age yet so that's not possible even if IO want to see something regarding that. What if I have savings in my country abroad and I get my family to send me 2 transfers of 40k, a copy of the bank transfer from abroad plus a letter explaining the reason of the transfer as savings from previous businesses I had years ago which have now all defunct or them paying me back money I lent them or something in that nature. Do you think that will be acceptable with immigration here.?

Your post has caused me to ask is it possible to get the first year extension based on income then changing to the 400,000 Baht in the bank method at a latter date?Does anyone know if this is possible?

33 minutes ago, time2093 said:

In short and I regret sadly the answer is no.

If they ask for the proof of source of income, many IO's will only accept proof from a Pension statement.

You need the proof of overseas transfers from a Thai bank.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Your post has caused me to ask is it possible to get the first year extension based on income then changing to the 400,000 Baht in the bank method at a latter date?Does anyone know if this is possible?

You can change from monthly income to the 400k baht in the bank option without a problem.

• Thanks 1