QCon Wall Panels vs blocks

FireMedic

7.0 Diamond brand aac blocks are OFTEN used by Thai builders. Diamond Building Products stock, as do some retailers, the lintels 7.5 wide, 20 cm tall and a variety of lengths. It is NOT difficult for a Diamond brand dealer, or Q Con brand dealer to order lintels or blocks. The challenge is they get a full truck load at a time, so you might have to wait until they get enough "tonnage" to have the truck leave and drive to the plant in Diamond Sariburi. It is the retailer who pays for shipping of bulk materials, such as autoclaved blocks in Thailand, so a truck that hits the weight limit is crucial to keep transportation costs down. This video is of an expat who used Diamond wall blocks, Diamond lintels, and some other energy efficient home building materials in a small village. 

10 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

The roof is purely an aesthetic choice, do consider rainwater harvest or disposal.

70mm is not standard.

Yes and I like the modern slope, water slides off easily, far fewer seams to worry about and yes for sure will be collecting TONS of rain water as it is always raining here in the south east - and we have lots of fruit trees and will do some gardens as well so water will be welcome.

Was a t Global Home (House?) yesterday and they had equal amounts of 0 and 75mm blocks in stock. Did not ask whick width sold more but they had them in quantity. 

Cheers

6 hours ago, kamalabob2 said:

7.0 Diamond brand aac blocks are OFTEN used by Thai builders. Diamond Building Products stock, as do some retailers, the lintels 7.5 wide, 20 cm tall and a variety of lengths. It is NOT difficult for a Diamond brand dealer, or Q Con brand dealer to order lintels or blocks. The challenge is they get a full truck load at a time, so you might have to wait until they get enough "tonnage" to have the truck leave and drive to the plant in Diamond Sariburi. It is the retailer who pays for shipping of bulk materials, such as autoclaved blocks in Thailand, so a truck that hits the weight limit is crucial to keep transportation costs down. This video is of an expat who used Diamond wall blocks, Diamond lintels, and some other energy efficient home building materials in a small village. 

Hey Bob thanks for the input and the video, looks like he built himslef a nice place, and it looks like single wall 75mm in the video, but not an expert so maybe my eyes are off. I did see stock of 70 and 75 mm blocks here at Global Home, but again they had no lintels in stock and said they would have to be ordered. It seems though that here the default is to put a cement frame around each window, and the builder I am looking at does that and also has a seam of cement at the midpoint that joins the windows to the pillars, reinforced with steel. I will ask him again about lintels and if they are such a hassle to get, maybe I will order them myself...or go with just the blocks. We are months away from start so I cant there being an issue getting 6-10 lintels in that time, but lets see. More interesting is this builder seems not at all interested in them - to me they reduce work even more (slightly, as they are typically the length of 3-4 blocks - yet it is not something he feels comfortable with, not sure why....

Cheers for the info