Bicycles or motorcycles blocking

warcy

Bicycles or motorcycles blocking in middle of road  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Stay behind and take it easy unless if is a life-or-death situation, then using the horn would be a possibility.

One minute delay will not make a difference to your life, but an accident with possible grave outcome will.

• Like 2

case-by-case.

what road?  what time?  how long?  who's behind you?  when's the next chance to pass?

if you are going to honk.... ONE very quick honk.  no more than one.  

if things go bad, the driver if a farang will be doomed.......maybe life-changing.  

give them so much space the car behind you passes you, then let them deal with it.  

Happens regularly. My reaction depends on other circumstances.

If it on a one lane narrow road, I'll give a short honk (never a blast). Always worked for me without any comeback.

On a two lane road if the road in both directions is clear I'll usually just pull out and drive past giving the offender a wide berth, yellow line or not. Or if there's oncoming traffic I'll give that short honk again.

I tend to drive very defensive in Thailand.

My worries, crazy man / woman, unskilled, me being a Farang, Problem with insurance, and some more.

I have to admit, I rarely sound the horn, just try not to provoke anything. In the current situation even more people seem to be on the edge.

Being an avid bicyclist, I appreciate a quick tap of the horn when someone's approaching from the rear.  I do have and use my rear-view mirrors, yet I'm always appreciative of the quick horn tap, especially in cases when I'm caught unaware.  This is a foreigner speaking, though.  On the other hand, Thais seem to be very offended by the sound of a horn; I guess they think it's rude...rude to be the honker, and rude to be the recipient of the honk.

A related and even more potentially disastrous situation is when I am mowing the grass alongside the road in front of my place.  I have to continuously check for cars on my otherwise rather quiet road; it's a local road, not a main thoroughfare by any means.  Too many times, though, a car will appear supposedly out of nowhere, and the driver will see how close he can come to me without hitting me as I'm stepping to and fro into the road.  With the overpowering sound of the mower I cannot hear the cars.  These are my neighbors.  I think that they pretty much like me, but they will never alert me to their oncoming presence.  I always breathe a sigh of relief that I escaped death again.