Tourism revitalized during holiday break

webfact

Tourism revitalized during holiday break

fd0c8526fda4aeb2ba573ac223185db2.jpg

BURIRAM (NNT) - Tourism in many provinces is lively during the long weekend, as measures are being taken to help limit the spread of COVID-19 at various venues.

At Khao Kradong Forest Park, in Buriram province, tourist police, forest protection officers and staff at Khao Kradon Forest Park are required to check the body temperatures of all visitors before they can enter the premises and ascend the Naga Bridge to enjoy the stunning views of the volcano, which has been dormant for some 100,000 years, and take a deep breath of fresh air. Some visitors pray and seek blessings from Phra Suphatthara Bophit and ring the ritual bells on top of the volcano, which is 265 meters above sea level.

Officers ask visitors to wear protective masks, to help limit the spread of COVID-19. The site is welcoming 3,000 visitors a day during this long weekend, after months of business suspension due to the outbreak. Meantime, the forest park’s landscape and facilities have been maintained for visitors’ convenience.

The northeastern province of Bueng Kan also receives many visitors from various provinces. One of its popular sightseeing destinations is Hin Sam Wan, located in the Hin Sam Wan Ecotourism Development Project, which is part of the 154th national forest reserve management center. It oversees Kala rainforest, Phu Sing forest and Dong Si Chomphu forest in Muang Bueng Kan district.

Disease-control measures remain in place. Visitors are required to have their body temperatures measured. The site has implemented new normal measures by limiting the number of visitors per session and using the government’s Thai Chana online platform. In the past two days, the forest park welcomed more than 5,000 visitors. Most restaurant and hotel businesses in the province are also attracting more customers.

nnt.jpg

So can we expect the baht to go up in value due to this 4 day holiday ? it was already gaining value Friday afternoon so have to wait for the numbers next week to see what happens .

I was in Pattaya over the weekend.  For the first time I can ever recall, the majority of tourists parading down Walking Street were predominately Thai families and couples.  All the Donner Kebab stands seemed really busy as well as the Turkish ice cream kiosks.

I ate at the Pattaya Beergarden and most of the tables were full with Thais, same true with several of the seafood restaurants.

My hotel, off Soi Buakhow was charging 25% less than normal.  Along with a few resident expats, most guests seemed to be Thai family groups with their kids taking advantage of the pool.

I think a lot of Thais might be satisfying curiosity about Pattaya and WS while hotels are cheap and it's not packed with tourists. 

• Like 2

Justice will be provided to both sides? The attacked officer will be compensated and the killed man will be unmurdered?

Clear case of revenge vor injuries suffered. Justice could look like that, relatives buy a gun and kill the officer.

Oyherwise hope for a jail sentence...haha...1 month and out again...

22 minutes ago, P100 said:

Justice will be provided to both sides? The attacked officer will be compensated and the killed man will be unmurdered?

Clear case of revenge vor injuries suffered. Justice could look like that, relatives buy a gun and kill the officer.

Oyherwise hope for a jail sentence...haha...1 month and out again...

Not a big deal but obviously your post is on the wrong topic

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

So , public holidays are good for tourism ... they should make half of the year a public holiday then ... oh wait ...

The government employees, banks and other businesses not affected financially by Covid-19 can still afford holidays.

I guess there is a download to the people on the bottom of the heap.

13 hours ago, dddave said:

I was in Pattaya over the weekend.  For the first time I can ever recall, the majority of tourists parading down Walking Street were predominately Thai families and couples.  All the Donner Kebab stands seemed really busy as well as the Turkish ice cream kiosks.

I ate at the Pattaya Beergarden and most of the tables were full with Thais, same true with several of the seafood restaurants.

My hotel, off Soi Buakhow was charging 25% less than normal.  Along with a few resident expats, most guests seemed to be Thai family groups with their kids taking advantage of the pool.

I think a lot of Thais might be satisfying curiosity about Pattaya and WS while hotels are cheap and it's not packed with tourists. 

Thais eat kebab?  isnt that dirty falang food???

9 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I live on the island of Koh Phangan nothing changed this past weekend same same restaurants offering 20% discount but most still empty , 

lots of shops closed with signs saying “ For Rent “

Any accommodation doing good monthly rates.?

22 hours ago, samsensam said:

not sure the OP understands what revitalized means, a lot of people went on holiday because it was a holiday weekend. i'd say it was a drop in the ocean rather than giving new life and vitality to the tourist industry in thailand.

or maybe i'm wrong and on the back of this weekend tourist businesses that had closed will now reopen and the thousands who worked in the tourist industry and lost their jobs will now be re-employed

lets see...

I hope you are right. There have been thousands up here for the weekend. 15-20 minutes to do a u-turn on Highway 12 with the tail 300 metres long.