PM Prayut uncomfortable with the prosecutor’s decision to drop Red Bull heir case

webfact

So it was a government spokesman who said the PM was not involved in the decision or knew anything about it . I hope some reporter puts the question directly to the PM and see what his reply is but we know that will not happen 

He is just trying to win some souls by saying this , i am sure he was up to date on this dicision from the start to drop all charges . Now he says he is uncomfortable with the decision to try to safe face and get some of those demonstrating youths on his side . To little to late(sorry maybe not the right saying in this situation because we all know this is all B.S) 

• Like 1

Thailand’s Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha is reported to be uncomfortable with the widespread public criticism of the decision, by public prosecutors, not to pursue the case against Red Bull heir Vorayuth Yoovidhya over the hit-and-run case, in which a serving police officer was killed.

My underlining...I'd have highlighted it more, but I don't think it matters.

He's not uncomfortable with the decision, just the public criticism

he has ordered authorities concerned to investigate the case from the very beginning, to find the truth, to ensure fairness to all parties concerned, and to allay public doubts about the prosecutors’ controversial decision.

Fairness to all parties? Everybody's satisfied with the payoff?

46 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

He is just trying to win some souls by saying this , i am sure he was up to date on this dicision from the start to drop all charges . Now he says he is uncomfortable with the decision to try to safe face and get some of those demonstrating youths on his side . To little to late(sorry maybe not the right saying in this situation because we all know this is all B.S) 

Not necessarily. Since when does a public prosecutor run decisions past a president or a PM anywhere? However now that it's made WORLD news the PM should look into it and set Up a transparent inquiry 

The  world this time has interest  and is watching  wonder what he will do??

The  whole  thing in this matter  is pure corruption  and is  truly  pathetic  

Great   for tourism  ...come  to Thailand  if you have money .. and kill a  copper   

All good  

Of course he is uncomfortable with the criticism but not with the decision which he must have sanctioned and his deputy most likely orchestrated. It is inconceivable that the prosecutors and police did this without getting the green light from the top.

If it happened in the US they would have abrasive characters who are police union leaders out on the streets organizing Police Lives Matter protests and Refund the Police. As it is it is very clear that in Thailand police lives do not matter a jot, if they can be traded for hard cash.

but isn't he big boss man all powerful?

-  if he not like - he change things!! 

but this reminds me of the scene in Time Bandits...

" hey boss if you are all things powerful, then why are we locked down here in the pit?"

"WHAT???!"    and Boss zaps the little minion into smithereens

then

" hmmm... that's a very good question!" 

• Haha 1

Well, it seems that God has spoken then ?

Irrespective of outcome, it clearly shows how this country is run - too many clowns and not enough circuses. I - for one - would not invest here as the confidence in a fair unbiased legal system is damaged beyond reasonable doubt and it will haunt this country and its people for a very, very, very long time. 

You cannot let this pr1ck off the hook while the same system throws mushroom thieves in to the slammer - except in Thailand and is, of course! 

• Like 2

On 7/27/2020 at 4:16 PM, ChipButty said:

More ammunition for the students 

YES, in a country where money rules (1% owns about 75% of the wealth), I really wonder how long normal and well educated people will go on and accept this injustice.