Farm land for sale, need help.

phungo

My wife inherited this land and we've tried to sell it for over a year with no leads.

http://www.prakardproperty.com/property/show/665646

Wife have asked agent to reduce price to 600k baht/rye but agent disregard request and say he mostly focus on offline.

I want to get another agent. Any tips on how we could find one? Any tips on how we can quickly sell this land? Any info or insight at all would be helpful! How long does it normally take to sell farm land?

In rural Thailand, word of mouth seems to work quite well. That's how we found our plot of land. 

Tell the locals you're interested in selling it, give them a rough idea of how much you're looking for it. Who knows, maybe one of them's interested in acquiring more land? 

Good luck. 

• Like 2

Sounds like you just want to get this block sold. So, start with the agent and the deal you have now. If they sold it at the advertised price how much would they earn in commission? 

Why not say to them, you will get your money if you can organise access rights and find the best offer within .... X months. Subtract the commission and access price, plus transfer costs and you get the rest.

• Like 1

600,000 baht per rai?

This is way over priced and that is probably the #1 reason it is not selling.

No water either.

The Owl just posted some farmland sold behind him for 87K per rai.

Edited by bwpage3
  • Like 2

Nearly 12 million bht for farm land????????????????????????????sorry I’m not surprised it’s not selling,,,you could knock 50% off that price and it still wouldn’t sell.

who told you it’s worth 12 million?..

• Like 2

My M-in-L was in a similar situation.  About 70 metres from the hwy, electricity and town water.  The people between the land and the road wouldn't play ball with an access agreement.   She ended up selling to the people on the other side for 30K/rai.

4 hours ago, phungo said:

Wife have asked agent to reduce price to 600k baht/rye but agent disregard request and say he mostly focus on offline.

step 1 - fire useless agent not listening to your request.

step 2 - reduce price to reasonable sale value.

location location location

12 minutes ago, baansgr said:

1.3 mil for the whole lot is a fairer realistic price....you can get 9 Rai just outside Pattaya, with Chanote, access etc for not much more than you are asking

I'm in Rayong provence and price is 3,000,000/rai sometimes more according to distance from beach.

3 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

600,000 baht per rai?

This is way over priced and that is probably the #1 reason it is not selling.

No water either.

The Owl just posted some farmland sold behind him for 87K per rai.

I found out first hand that it's not that simple. 

Road access/no road access. 

Water/no water. 

Flat/hilly. 

Can the title be transferred or not (don't remember the different names for this). 

How close is it to a road/road linking to a main road/direct access to a main road.

What part of the country is it in, etc, etc., etc. 

It's all factored into the asking price. 

9 minutes ago, djayz said:

I found out first hand that it's not that simple. 

Road access/no road access. 

Water/no water. 

Flat/hilly. 

Can the title be transferred or not (don't remember the different names for this). 

How close is it to a road/road linking to a main road/direct access to a main road.

What part of the country is it in, etc, etc., etc. 

It's all factored into the asking price. 

You obviously didn't look at the picture of the land.

Have checked the photos and I can see it's near a road, flat, etc., but as others have pointed out: no direct road access. 

How many life times is a farmer going to have to live to make that kind of money from growing rice (or any other crop for that matter)? 

I can only assume that is the going price in that neck of the woods, but it strikes me as a tad expensive. No expert on the topic.

I'm just glad we got ours at 150k/rai a few years ago. A bloke 200-300 M

meters away has been trying for years to sell his land at 1 mil/rai. Needless to say, he's still sitting on the land. 

9 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I'm in Rayong provence and price is 3,000,000/rai sometimes more according to distance from beach.

I've just had a look on dot property, plenty land for sale at 1 mil a Rai in Rayong, and larger plots cheaper per Rai...of course some are advertised at higher prices and more expensive those closer to beaches. 

57 minutes ago, baansgr said:

I've just had a look on dot property, plenty land for sale at 1 mil a Rai in Rayong, and larger plots cheaper per Rai...of course some are advertised at higher prices and more expensive those closer to beaches. 

Funny when we talk about land costing 1 mil/rai as good price. There's 20 rai open land across the street from beach here 20,000,000 per rai, insane price. 

Thank you for all your responses, they were super helpful

The agent might be a moron. 

Wife has told him that the red marker in the pictures is completely wrong, he says he does not focus online, like <deleted>.

Wife actually owns all the plots including the ones adjacent to the road. There is also electricity and water available.

Regarding price, wife said that a neighbor has sold their land for $800k baht/rye to the goverment, because that land was needed to build a new main road that will connect this part of Aranyaprathet to the border of Cambodia. This will be the second border crossing to Cambodia through Aranyaprathet. This neighbors' land was about 1km from wife's land. People in the area are a bit excited about this new border crossing. But who knows when this is going to get built? Could be years.

@innosiem we will post on the sites as you suggested. thanks for the pointers.

• Like 1

So now the truth is being heard.  Your wife owns all the land around the block in question!  So arranging with a lawyer for a access clause and a track in are nothing harder than a visit to the lawyer.  

I've been through that area several times and how anyone could seriously be asking 800k/rai is amazing to me!  Even with a couple of dams a bore pump, electricity, main road frontage and fertile soil it seems like a stretch.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

...So arranging with a lawyer for a access clause and a track in are nothing harder than a visit to the lawyer.  

what does this mean? i don't understand...

On 7/27/2020 at 4:14 PM, phungo said:

My wife inherited this land and we've tried to sell it for over a year with no leads.

http://www.prakardproperty.com/property/show/665646

I want to get another agent. Any tips on how we could find one? Any tips on how we can quickly sell this land? Any info or insight at all would be helpful! How long does it normally take to sell farm land?

I am sorry but your whole story sounds like your wife, for some reasons, does not want

to sale this land, Of course in a pure Thai style she didn't said ''no'' to you, but she just 

act in a way the land will be never sell, and you can do nothing to change it.

On 7/29/2020 at 8:13 PM, phungo said:

Thank you for all your responses, they were super helpful

The agent might be a moron. 

Wife has told him that the red marker in the pictures is completely wrong, he says he does not focus online, like <deleted>.

Wife actually owns all the plots including the ones adjacent to the road. There is also electricity and water available.

Regarding price, wife said that a neighbor has sold their land for $800k baht/rye to the goverment, because that land was needed to build a new main road that will connect this part of Aranyaprathet to the border of Cambodia. This will be the second border crossing to Cambodia through Aranyaprathet. This neighbors' land was about 1km from wife's land. People in the area are a bit excited about this new border crossing. But who knows when this is going to get built? Could be years.

@innosiem we will post on the sites as you suggested. thanks for the pointers.

You are welcome

the agent has done only what your wife said to him

you are probably blaming the wrong person

the price for a farmland in Thailand is in the range of 100 000\200 000 bahts per rai

except in very few specifics areas (Sea side, industrial estate)

the fantastic tale about the governement buying a land 800 000\rai in the

middle of nowhere to build a road is just amazing and show how far you

are taking for a ride in this story.

Good luck anyway

Edited by kingofthemountain