Bitcoin rises above $10,000 for first time since early June

snoop1130

Bitcoin rises above $10,000 for first time since early June

2020-07-27T015045Z_1_LYNXNPEG6Q03A_RTROPTP_4_CRYPTO-CURRENCIES-BITCOIN.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Representations of virtual currency Bitcoin are seen in this picture illustration taken taken March 13, 2020. REUTERS/Dado Ruvic/Illustration/File Photo

(Reuters) - After several weeks of trading in narrow ranges, bitcoin breached $10,000 on Sunday for the first time since early June.

In addition to suffering pricing blows due to the economic fallout from the coronavirus outbreak, the virtual currency went through its third so-called halving on May 11, which cut the rewards given to those who "mine" bitcoin to 6.25 new coins from 12.5.

The "halving" has affected the supply side of bitcoin and increased the time needed for miners to find their break-even point.

On Sunday, the cryptocurrency hit highs of $10,200.

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-07-27

looks good to me. I wasnt expecting to be able to retire when I invested in bitcoin but Ive already spent more then my original investment and still have enough to live comfortably for the rest of my life and beyond. guess people have different ideas of what a good investment is

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2020 at 1:56 PM, how241 said:

The people who bought the big dip, several months ago at 4,000,  are doing good now.  Everything is timing(Luck)...

Of course we all know that everyone on this forum buys at the dips and sells at the tops only.

But if you bought at 4000, you beat everyone, because the lowest it has been in 12 months is 5300

47 minutes ago, Susco said:

Of course we all know that everyone on this forum buys at the dips and sells at the tops only.

But if you bought at 4000, you beat everyone, because the lowest it has been in 12 months is 5300

Not right...

52 Week High / Low
$12,359.06 USD /
$4,106.98 USD

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/