pricey

34 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

And your life is so filled with contentment you felt compelled to let everyone know that you think they 'really have nothing to with their lives' if they are commenting on such thread.... hmmmm....  :coffee1:

Isn’t it easier just to ignore threads you don't find interesting rather than repeatedly confirm the nature of your character ?

Would the same thing go for you and your comments, as you seem to find pleasure in engaging in my comments as often you can? That actually confirms the my reflection about that you and the rest of the people in this thread have nothing to do with your lives. Thanks for the confirmation, Richard. Keepém coming. ????

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Big Max index for July - most expensive USD

Switzerland $6.91

USA            $5.71 (4th place)

Thailand      $4.08 (15th place)

Philippines   $2.87 (40th place)

https://www.statista.com/statistics/274326/big-mac-index-global-prices-for-a-big-mac/

Below is the current Thai online price.

image.png.e9f82e5990628c48c466bc9287ff2618.png

USA has them 2 for $5.00 now on a special plus $1.00 for any size soft drink and $1.00 for a large fry....lol, I still have the stupid McDonalds app from California on my cell phone and i get notifications.....

Kudos to the person who started this thread - I'm so glad it's not just me! I always balk at McD prices and think I'm being a 'cheap charlie' but it's such a waste of money.
I usually eat som tam from the food court for 40b (or something similar) and when I look at McDs prices it seems like daylight robbery for what is essentially junk.

The worst one is the McNugget set - it's basically a snack (6 nuggets, fries, drink) for 155baht! 
FYI, McDs are doing a minion's movie set with a big mac for 159 which is cheaper than usual but still. 

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

USA has them 2 for $5.00 now on a special plus $1.00 for any size soft drink and $1.00 for a large fry....lol, I still have the stupid McDonalds app from California on my cell phone and i get notifications.....

And near me, they have some sort of 2 burgers for $2. 

1 hour ago, Paiman said:

I guess everybody has his own sets of rules to make a decision. Not a sad way at all. Just different compared to yours.

I assume any way living different compared to yours is sad way to live?

I find it sad way to live being so intolerant.

I spent too many years always trying to save, that now yeah I'll love a deal but if I want a burger the price will not dictate whether I have one. If I want  beer I'll have a beer.

• Like 1

Big Macs are much better in Thailand than the UK, plenty of sauce, lettuce and onions. The last time I had a Big Mac in the UK it was a sorry state of affairs, the bap was like cardboard, hardly any lettuce, onions, sauce and the beef was tasteless.

Quarter Pounder in KL was pretty good when I went in March.

Not sure why people want to eat crappy American-like foods here in Thailand when so many Thai dishes available for 30-60 baht made fresh. 

Franchises are required to purchase approved food items when operating under the McDonald's trademark I believe. Likely beef imported and maybe fries is why cost is so much more. 

My 20 year younger friend here orders from Foodpanda quite a lot:  

Big Mac™ Set

Served with french fries and drink. Please select your drink and size

฿199.00

58 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I understand the concept of 'value for money'

2hrs with a bar girl Vs 50 large Leos ......... booze wins.

BritManToo, I have to disagree, the 2hrs with a bar girl is better value. 

Of course my fridge will not hold 50 large Leos ????????????

8 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Not sure why people want to eat crappy American-like foods here in Thailand when so many Thai dishes available for 30-60 baht made fresh. 

Franchises are required to purchase approved food items when operating under the McDonald's trademark I believe. Likely beef imported and maybe fries is why cost is so much more. 

My 20 year younger friend here orders from Foodpanda quite a lot:  

Big Mac™ Set

Served with french fries and drink. Please select your drink and size

฿199.00

Why, sometimes I want something western and will fill me up. Strangely I hardly ever eat fast food in the UK, I've been back for 4 months and not had any, apart from a McDonalds milkshake last week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paiman said:

I guess everybody has his own sets of rules to make a decision. Not a sad way at all. Just different compared to yours.

Are you serious?

For $5?

Why walk in to McDonald's in the first place?

Do you think it is free?

Intolerant? You must be joking or else you can't afford $5 either?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jadee said:

Kudos to the person who started this thread - I'm so glad it's not just me! I always balk at McD prices and think I'm being a 'cheap charlie' but it's such a waste of money.
I usually eat som tam from the food court for 40b (or something similar) and when I look at McDs prices it seems like daylight robbery for what is essentially junk.

The worst one is the McNugget set - it's basically a snack (6 nuggets, fries, drink) for 155baht! 
FYI, McDs are doing a minion's movie set with a big mac for 159 which is cheaper than usual but still. 

Christ, I would hate to spend the rest of my life eating 40b meals in Thailand.

Did you do that in your own country?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Walked by the McD's in the Siam Paragon food court and it was packed today at 1 pm.  What a bunch of westernized folks we have here in Bangkok.  It is no wonder Diabetes is growing.

Who cares if diabetes is growing. How does that affect you?

Why not explain how Suk and Nana 4 have All become western fast joints?

Remember the good ole days when it was all street vendors and street food?

Who wants to come to Bangkok and get all this western food.

Hooters with no hooters? Come on. 

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

I spent too many years always trying to save, that now yeah I'll love a deal but if I want a burger the price will not dictate whether I have one. If I want  beer I'll have a beer.

That's the way life should be!

3 hours ago, Paiman said:

You know, I find it sad people like you have these kinds of comments that are so off track it's funny.

The topic is the cost of McDonald's, in case you couldn't decipher that.

Who in their right mind would move 1,000's of miles away and then balk at spending $5 for something you wanted? Whether is is a burger or anything else?

Seriously, to give any thought to spending $5 on anything, you must really be broke?

How many people have to walk away from spending $5 on ANYTHING? 

Yes I must be uniquely different because spending $5 is a joke.

Yes you can eat rice every single day the rest of your life! You can even move 1000's of miles away to Thailand, only to be able to afford to eat rice everyday. Your choice!

Some people, normal people, can eat what ever they want no matter how much it costs without giving it a second thought.

If you cannot, you must have not earned enough to be able to afford it.

4 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Switzerland $6.91

https://www.statista.com/statistics/274326/big-mac-index-global-prices-for-a-big-mac/

So what is the average wage in Thailand ?

This is Switzerland

USD 62 283 per year

Swiss people earn USD 62 283 per year on average, much more than the OECD average of USD 43 241 and one of the highest rates in the OECD

Edited by Meat Pie 47
  • Like 1

But in the US there is always something on the value menu like McSicken for a buck, or Mcdouble...I quit MCD here because they are so stingy with mustard and pickles, and even the dehydrated onion bits..they charge extra at some joints, and they will still screw it up...always drowned in ketchup.  Surprised they don't give you sugar packets with it.  

Anyhoo, there is a BOGO promo at carlsjr, all you gotta do is add Carlsjr Thailand on line and send them a hello.  Two big stars for 179 or similar.  The hot mayonnaise doesn't help it..

Edited by moontang

What we really need here is In-N-Out burger.  They did a “pop up” for 4 hours a couple years ago (sold out in 3) and were selling a “double double” for only ฿100.  At that price, if they ever had a permanent presence here they’d drive all the other burger joints out of business.

F904B890-D921-422A-B37C-08F75A06A40C.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Switzerland $6.91

Why use a Big Mac as a yardstick? To ascertain the true state of the economy we need to do a similar comparison on the price of pu$$y. I know which I would rather eat!

Edited by DaRoadrunner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Why use a Big Mac as a yardstick? To ascertain the true state of the economy we need to do a similar comparison on the price of pu$$y. I know which I would rather eat!

Only those unfortunate to have to Pay would know what answer.