pricey

On 7/27/2020 at 6:18 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

That's where the local boys go with the girls to impress them. Look, 215B!

A lot of the Hi-so Thai students go there oder a bunch of food ,take selfies to show friends and sometimes the most affluent of the girls will throw everything on her credit card.

On 7/27/2020 at 6:50 PM, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

Over priced US junk food. Why bother.

Because we like the taste and can afford it, maybe too many cheap charlies here. Get the app on your phone and you can pay less at Burger King or McDonalds. Buy 1  get 1 free so half price.

Edited by Tony125
spelling
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not always.  Gluttony and over eating is a prime cause.  I know folks who eat three meals a day at fast food places and are still in great shape.  Everybody's metabolism and body are different.  I survive on only 1200 calories a day and still have a hard time loosing weight while doing 6km 6 days a week.

I highly doubt it that you have problems losing weight on 1200 calories a day. Most people calculate their calories totally wrong forget beers and other drinks. (not that your 6 km has that much impact unfortunately)

1 hour ago, Emdog said:

For decades there has been something called "the McDonald's Index", begun by some business guys as a quick cost of living indicator for expats rather than the usual list of items combined (rent, schooling, mia noi, etc ???? ). https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_price_rankings?itemId=3

I suppose attraction (in part)is McD's is viewed as comfort food, reminder of back home, etc. Discomfort comes later. I eat there maybe 2X per year, also as a reminder of what <deleted> it truly is. As pointed out earlier, asking for mustard often tosses them for a loop. It is standard on burgers in USA fwiw.

To each their own. I do think twice when I know I can get a whole grilled Tub Tim or thali plate at an Indian restaurant for less. Example (regarding price/flavor/nutrition) that with McD's "less is more".

The Big Mac index was started by The Economist magazine to informally see what foreign currencies were over-priced, or under-priced compared to the US dollar.

As a Big Mac is in theory an identical product sold in many different countries, by converting the cost from the local currency to US dollars, you can compare which currencies are over-valued and which are under-valued.

If the dollar cost of a Big Mac in Thailand is more expensive than the cost of the same product in the USA then the Baht is over-valued. If the price is less, then, the Baht is under-valued.

It was always intended that the index was a quick and informal way to compare different currencies against each other.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, keithkarmann said:

I did go in Mcdonalds for an Angus burger late at night, waited behind the only other customer (a young lady) and walked hand in hand out of Mcdonalds with the young lady. So the high priced burger was well worth it. She even paid for her own fries.

Whats the Angus Burger like? They are on 50% off on Food Panda at the moment. Would like to try, but always seem to end up going for the trusty double big mac which is a cracking burger.

21 minutes ago, robblok said:

I highly doubt it that you have problems losing weight on 1200 calories a day. Most people calculate their calories totally wrong forget beers and other drinks. (not that your 6 km has that much impact unfortunately)

Wow, your a dietician, and guru, love it.. tell me more. I don't drink beer or hard alcohol by the way, and carbs are rarely eaten as I am a diabetic.  So no sugar either other than what is in the green apples and the tomatoes I eat. My Metabolic rate is very slow, due to an inactive thyroid as well for which medication is taken for.  It occurred after my triple fusion neck surgery where the Neurosurgeon had to use steroids which shut down my pancreas as well.  Surgery went 14 hours to repair all the damage inside and the long term effects are what I am dealing with in having a slow metabolic rate, reduced meal sizes and still the inability to loose any weight unless I do not eat.  I also eat 4 small meals a day in order to keep up my energy.  As much as I like fast food I have not eaten any in quite some time, 3 years to be exact.  So please fill me in on what I and my endocrinologist might be missing.

Edited by ThailandRyan

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wow, your a dietician, and guru, love it.. tell me more. I don't drink beer or hard alcohol by the way, and carbs are rarely eaten as I am a diabetic.  So no sugar either other than what is in the green apples and the tomatoes I eat. My Metabolic rate is very slow, due to an inactive thyroid as well for which medication is taken for.  It occurred after my triple fusion neck surgery where the Neurosurgeon had to use steroids which shut down my pancreas as well.  Surgery went 14 hours to repair all the damage inside and the long term effects are what I am dealing with in having a slow metabolic rate, reduced meal sizes and still the inability to loose any weight unless I do not eat.  I also eat 4 small meals a day in order to keep up my energy.  As much as I like fast food I have not eaten any in quite some time, 3 years to be exact.  So please fill me in on what I and my endocrinologist might be missing.

Maybe your missing nothing but could you give me a breakdown of the 4 300 cal meals you eat. Love to see how you calculate it. 

Having your thyroid wrecked can indeed slow your metabolism down usually people get thyroid medicine for it to speed it up again.

But im waiting for the breakdown of your meals as I am really curious. 

1 hour ago, robblok said:

If i have to sin give me burger king McD is <deleted>. 

I agree. In the states it's "Habit" for burgers in Calif. I'm too old to eat that <deleted> except occasionally.

51 minutes ago, robblok said:

Maybe your missing nothing but could you give me a breakdown of the 4 300 cal meals you eat. Love to see how you calculate it. 

Having your thyroid wrecked can indeed slow your metabolism down usually people get thyroid medicine for it to speed it up again.

But im waiting for the breakdown of your meals as I am really curious. 

PM'd you with the breakdown

2 hours ago, Tony125 said:

A lot of the Hi-so Thai students go there oder a bunch of food ,take selfies to show friends and sometimes the most affluent of the girls will throw everything on her credit card.

And are they actually eating it?

Edited by OneMoreFarang

11 minutes ago, JulesMad said:

Yes, MacDo and all other american fastfood places are expensive. They don't even sell real food...
Reasons enough to boycott them all together!

Besides that, Thailand has so much better food to offer ????

Why "boycott"

I chose to eat elswhere, not a political statement, I just dont want to eat that <deleted>.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Then perhaps your initial statement was both reductive and misleading.

To simply say you have trouble losing weight on 1200 calories isnt quite the whole story, is it?

Edited by n00dle

In U.S. they mail out coupons, 2 for 1, but meal with tax can still be near $9. But they do have value menu and free refills on drinks, which in many states is any size for $1. Also senior coffee 50-75 cents. Non of that in Thailand. 

Edited by Mac98
Spelling error

2 hours ago, JulesMad said:

Yes, MacDo and all other american fastfood places are expensive. They don't even sell real food...
Reasons enough to boycott them all together!

Besides that, Thailand has so much better food to offer ????

I say burn the cities down, CBM.....Cheese Burgers Matter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/27/2020 at 7:09 PM, Airalee said:

Order online...2 Big Macs, fries, nuggets and strips and 2 cokes.  ฿299

24744EEB-40B7-4972-B215-835EA535D5D0.png

Great deal, you can get it also in store not just online BUT in many Mcdonalds (ALL that I've visited, actually) they don't advertise it so it's probably at zero profit for them.

I like also the offers they have on foodpanda, BBQ burger + fries XL + coke + 10 nuggets 230 THB.

Edited by Sundown
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mac98 said:

In U.S. they mail out coupons, 2 for 1, but meal with tax can still be near $9. But they do have value menu and free refills on drinks, which in many states is any size for $1. Also senior coffee 50-75 cents. Non of that in Thailand. 

My 84 yo mom swears by the MCD coffee.  It is a part of their routine on long driving trips.  Consistency is a big factor.  

Last Updated on June 2020

McDonald’s (or Maccas as us Aussies have claimed it) is one of the largest fast food chains in Australia. There’s no doubt the McDonald’s menu has some of the best burgers, wraps, desserts, and fries for you to order.

Here are the latest McDonald’s menu prices in Australia:

Menu ItemPrice

McClassic Burgers & Combos

Cheesy Beef Burger$8,35

Cheesy Beef Burger Meal (small)$11,50

Cheesy Beef Burger Meal (regular)$12,20

Cheesy Beef Burger Meal (large)$12,90

Cheesy Chicken Burger (burger only)$7,95

Cheesy Chicken Burger Meal (small)$11,85

Cheesy Chicken Burger Meal (Regular)$12,55

Cheesy Chicken Burger Meal (Large)$13,25

Big Mac (burger only)$6,60