BANGKOK
Orton Rd

Bargain Hotel rates?

Looking to stay bkk for a few days next month. Found price of 2470 on Agoda and went into the Hotel in Siam to see their price- 2700 same package inc tax and fees. They would not match the online price, never understand this as if booking online the Hotel pays Agoda, so they are not even going to get 2470 baht. 2700 is the same price, no virus deduction- hardly anyone staying there though.

Anyone know of any Hotels in Bkk with bargain rates at the moment?

• Haha 1

Don't know your specific dates or where in Bangkok you want to stay but on Booking.com they have plenty of 5  star hotels for under 1600 baht.

47 minutes ago, Airalee said:

Contrary to what some people have posted in the past, I have never gotten a better deal going directly through the hotels front desk or the hotel website than I get booking on Booking.com or Agoda.  Makes no sense to me either.

I've always understood that the hotels agreement with Agoda or whoever says that thay must not match or undercut the Agoda rate hence their reluctance to do so as they probably get many times more bookings through booking sites than directly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

I've always understood that the hotels agreement with Agoda or whoever says that thay must not match or undercut the Agoda rate hence their reluctance to do so as they probably get many times more bookings through booking sites than directly.

Well I have got better rates at times, have even had hotel say book direct next time please...also some get around undercutting by 'slightly' changing the offer ... but 5* hotels tend not to even offer to match the rate advertised on booking.com etc.  

• Like 1

My experience with Agoda is mostly within Thailand, and I have never felt that I made a mistake by not going direct to the hotel.  Now, their ratings are a different matter.  Agoda will price match, too.  One time out of 100, I demanded a refund on a place in CR..filthy, disgusting trash packer dump, with glowing reviews..no problem.  VIP status is cool, too.  

Only cheap hotels are often cheaper at the desk.

The hoteliers don't like Agoda..that speaks volumes for how good it is for the consumer.  They try to balance giving good discounts with charging people the rack rate, and often lose.  So in Thai fashion, those protecting their ego are often in a failing business.

I stayed at page 10 .... small boutique hotel 4 star--they give it an 8.5 ==Soi 10 giving good deals at the moment...(I suppose they all are) usually about 2,500----about 800 with brekie now.

• Like 2

I just stayed 5 nights in Pattaya.  I booked 4 nights at my usual hotel on Booking.com, price 25% less than I usually pay.  I decided to extend for an additional night.  Went to the front desk and they explained that the Booking.com price I had gotten was the lowest available and that they could not go lower.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

I stayed at page 10 .... small boutique hotel 4 star--they give it an 8.5 ==Soi 10 giving good deals at the moment...(I suppose they all are) usually about 2,500----about 800 with brekie now.

But, the 90 minute drive to Bangkok where he wants to stay will add to the price.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, dddave said:

I just stayed 5 nights in Pattaya.  I booked 4 nights at my usual hotel on Booking.com, price 25% less than I usually pay.  I decided to extend for an additional night.  Went to the front desk and they explained that the Booking.com price I had gotten was the lowest available and that they could not go lower.

That's because these web brokers buy the rooms in bulk at a discount.

6 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

That's because these web brokers buy the rooms in bulk at a discount.

No doubt they do, but they are buying from the hotel which then refuses to sell to the general public at the same price, makes no sense unless as "Britman" states they have a legal clause to prevent them selling at a lower price than they sell to "broker"!

Posted (edited)

Agoda usually showing price for 1 night without taxes and service charges, so you see final price only on last page of booking, before payment.

Booking is much more convenient this way. Strange that Agoda uses different approach because Agoda.com and Booking.com is same company.

Edited by clearance
  • Like 1