Bargain Hotel rates?

Orton Rd

On 7/28/2020 at 2:21 PM, clearance said:

Agoda usually showing price for 1 night without taxes and service charges, so you see final price only on last page of booking, before payment.

Booking is much more convenient this way. Strange that Agoda uses different approach because Agoda.com and Booking.com is same company.

You can choose to display the total price on Agoda by clicking on the currency symbol, then the "Total price per night" tab.

6 hours ago, dsf9 said:

Why couldn't the contract apply to walk-in and phone rates?

It would be unenforceable, apart from anything else.

On 8/2/2020 at 11:18 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Exactly, which is why I find it strange that the OP would complain about it when he wanted "bargain rates" and over 2,000 baht a night is anything but "bargain rates".

Sukhumvit has dozens of very nice hotels for under 2,000 and not so nice ones for a lot less.

Staying a great 5-Star hotel downtown with breakfast for under B3,000 is a bargain.

Staying a great 5-Star hotel in Bangna with breakfast for under B3,000 is not a bargain.

Look at the Pullman King Power. Called direct 3 weeks ago and got better than advertised rates.  Cant guarantee the same now but worth a try. Not many staying there then.  Nice place with great facilities near Phaya Thai BTS. We stayed in a basic room for a few days which was very nice , 1300 a night with breakfast.  Weekdays and a Friday night. 

Edited by Saraburi121
omission
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2020 at 1:18 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Exactly, which is why I find it strange that the OP would complain about it when he wanted "bargain rates" and over 2,000 baht a night is anything but "bargain rates".

Sukhumvit has dozens of very nice hotels for under 2,000 and not so nice ones for a lot less.

Sleazy Sukhumvit, no thanks. We stayed here at 2160 baht for 2 nights inc tax and breakfast on the governments discount scheme. Amazing bargain so we did the full 5 nights. If you want a river view room it's 600 baht extra. Probably the best bargain in the city

On 8/5/2020 at 1:11 AM, Yellowtail said:

So what nice hotel do you recommend in Bangkok for B500 a night?

Siam Privi is good under 500.  I have paid as little as 230..was given a top floor corner room with great ac, TV, fridge, hot shower...I also like the retro vibe at the Sea of Love.., recently, I noticed Nana City Hotel on Soi 4, that was cheap and modern looking, but haven't stayed there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moontang said:

Siam Privi is good under 500.  I have paid as little as 230..was given a top floor corner room with great ac, TV, fridge, hot shower...I also like the retro vibe at the Sea of Love.., recently, I noticed Nana City Hotel on Soi 4, that was cheap and modern looking, but haven't stayed there.

This one?

https://www.hotels.com/ho546584/siam-privi-hotel-bangkok-thailand/

On 8/17/2020 at 1:08 PM, Surelynot said:

Stayed in a 'hotel' in Cha Am once, 20B a night (long time ago to be fair).....no air, no water, no toilet, no lock on the door....right on the beach though. Didn't stay long.

what's the name ...

geeeze, I'm headed their now ...  20 baht a night I can stay the week for 140.  Is breakfast extra ?

On 8/20/2020 at 8:13 AM, CanadaSam said:

I dont understand the problem with rock-hard beds?  Good for the back, I think?

I didn't state it was a problem, but that is the kind of thing that it is better to know about in advance.  Read the reviews..newbies will complain.  I slept on top of the thick comforter, and it was comfy.