Chiang Mai hotels urged to open for tourist surge

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

a surge of tourists from the government’s travel-stimulus scheme.

Missed this news.  From what I have read, there are no plans for letting in tourists

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Was at an Elephant camp last week.

They are expecting so many visitors in the future, that they've plowed up all the land, where they previously grew elephant fodder, and started growing rice.

I suspect they've predicted the future better than the Chiang Mai tourism Authority.

IMG_20200725_085612.jpg

Somebody has been a busy bee!  Giving the misses a break ????

29 minutes ago, andy72 said:

Poor Chiang Mai

It seriously overestimated itself, knocked out all the budget dives
took away the chilled vibe that it had garnered
and swallowed the Chinese invasion whole
so many upmarket hotels to cater for Chinese
The bloody convoys of TUK TUKs 
THe stupid party scene at Zoe in Yellow and the hostels that followed creating a party booze culture for stupid young farang who only hit Thailand to Party and tick the destination  boxes.

They ripped the heart out of that 'city'

The police with their regular roadblocks the no helmet no licence 'tea fine' good for 4 days you carry paper.

The Chinese bus tours to the Fruit market the stupid stores that sell about half a dozen ittems for the Chinese.

Loi Kroh with its sad tired old bars with even sadder tired old bar girls th only sadder place for those type of women is Georgetown Penang the equivalent of an Elephant Graveyard.

CM was never a tourist destination, was never meant to be not as they designed it.
it was the gateway to Pai, the Mae Hong Song Loop, nothing more.

The elephant camps long gone strange that such a revered animal would not be government subsidised during this time.
not so revered.

Tourism changes a dynamic and very very few places get that 

Sometimes it better just to stay holed up in the hotel in Germany than visit Chiang Mai

Funfact I used to Dj at the original tiny Zoe..until the turks ran Yanni out-took a whisky bottle to the head!

They can open what they want but everywhere is dead. I felt sick walking on the beaches of Koh Samui and seeing nothing but CLOSED signs.

They can open the airport but nobody will travel yet with the cost of quarantine.  

• Like 1

After 10 years of visiting of Thailand, I finally managed to go to Chiang Mai last September and it was very quiet. The locals were saying it was the quietest in years, hardly any Chinese about, most of happy ending massage girls had go to Malaysia to work and the standard of the bar girls was on par with Kanchanaburi.

I had a look around Zoe in Yellow which was quiet. I walked along the river front and the old city, took some good photos. I did see a video of Zoe in Yellow from last week and it was dead, the whole place must be quiet without any tourists.

4 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

After 10 years of visiting of Thailand, I finally managed to go to Chiang Mai last September and it was very quiet. The locals were saying it was the quietest in years, hardly any Chinese about, most of happy ending massage girls had go to Malaysia to work and the standard of the bar girls was on par with Kanchanaburi.

I had a look around Zoe in Yellow which was quiet. I walked along the river front and the old city, took some good photos. I did see a video of Zoe in Yellow from last week and it was dead, the whole place must be quiet without any tourists.

What did you do in regards to not being able to get a happy ending massage ?

How did you manage ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rumak said:

I met one of my true

loves on Loi kroa  many moons ago.   A black magic woman from Buriram.   A khymer princess who

stole my heart and punctured it a few time

Shes still working the bars in Loi Kroh, if you want to go back and visit her again 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CorpusChristie said:

Shes still working the bars in Loi Kroh, if you want to go back and visit her again 

hmmmmm .   food for thought.    First i'll have to google "how do 2 people in wheelchairs make love" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Hotels that have been closed for a while need to be cleaned and made ready,

Therein lies a huge problem for the businesses as I understand it, they have to reach a certain criteria and then be inspected, which means they best make sure they have pre purchased a lot of brown envelopes!