Public to get 50% of fines for reporting bad driving by trucks/buses/vans

webfact

Public to get 50% of fines for reporting bad driving by trucks/buses/vans

1pm.jpg

The Department of Land Transport is offering the public the chance to make money and improve the Thai roads. 

All you have to do is report the bad driving of trucks and public transport and 50% of fines are yours. 

The move is the brainchild of DLT chief Jirut Wisanjit who told Sanook he wants to see "negligent, scary and unsafe" driving reported to help the authorities. 

Just provide the details and a clear image of the registration plate and when a fine is finalised half is yours!

There are a whole host of ways to report: 1584 24 hours, DLT GPS app, Line ID: 1584dlt, Facebook, snail mail letter,  http://ins.dlt.go.th/cmpweb/ ,
E-Mail : [email protected]

This is your chance to improve the safety on the roads and earn money at the same time. 

If the number of online complaints about Thai driving is anything to go by, there might soon be some rich posters out there, notes Thaivisa.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-28
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

if is ok also for report of polluting and noise motorbykes and cars it will be easy to make big money, they are increasing in number every day, I suppose because the Covid makes more stupid people also when seems not to be positive at the temperature check

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Paiman said:

Hoping for a country of nosy snitches?

No chance the officials will give away 50%. 

"I think i"m turning Chinese I think i"m turning Chinese I really think so" .............LOL

4 hours ago, rasmus5150 said:

Maybe start by giving them a decent starting salary. It is difficult to survive for less than 15K a month. That's one of the main reasons they receive "tea money" in the first place.

When the whole "apple" is rotten and worm infested, you need to start over from seed....

Yet somehow they have no problem paying millions of THB for the best positions.

• Like 1

I think I'll test that (as I don't particularly believe it) as it would be a source of THB for the wife.

My road trips up highway 11 to Chiang Mai usually include multiple instances of trucks pulling out right in front of vehicles on the highway.  Failure to yield right-of-way, failure to stop, failure to give a da*m, and is extremely dangerous.  Actually though - there probably is no "Failure to yield right-of-way" laws in Thailand. 

Also, Ferraris, BMWs, and Benz get a pass.  Drive as crazy as you want.

8 hours ago, bodga said:

same ol  ballcoks, they did this with riding on the sidewalks, what happened? how  many of you got that money? big fat ZERO I bet ya.

Its  really much easier, tell everyone  laws  will now be enforced  send the police out and stop them on the roads NOT at checkpoints, everyone get one warning and then booked.

Why one warning?

I tried this scheme when they started it to report motorbikes on the pavement and got nothing. They wanted video, pictures, plate number, location, time and date. Got zero out of it. I expect this to be the same. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1