Taking a flight in Thailand? Here’s what to expect [VIDEO]

webfact

5 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Good video and in good, UK-educated English. Hopefully, it gets the message across that we are open for business.

Well I hope they also have an equally understandable version in Mandarin, after all that might be more relevant in the near future.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Mac98 said:

Do you have to have the app to sign in? Can you enter details in book instead? No app, no Iphone.

If you don't use the App, there are paper sheets to fill in.

• Like 1

I flew BKK-HDY with VietJet last Friday morning. Other than airport very quiet at 05:30am, check-in was a breeze. No hassle at all.

There was some sort of QR code check-in before going to departures, I opened the registration app and proceeded and was waved through. No body checked to see if I had completed registration (maybe they just wanted the dirty foreigner past ASAP ???? ). I never did complete the registration and wasn't asked for it anywhere. I'll see how it is on return this Friday.

Flight was 80% full and everyone wore a mask. No food or beverage service (only 1hr 10 min flight anyway).  On arrival they told all to stay seated until asked to disembark 2-4 rows at a time. 

Really, the travel was little different to before and no problem at all. Very calm and easy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Great, as I don't know how to download the app. Maybe I should in case -  does anyone know a link?

When you get to the checkpoint, there are QR Codes on display. Aim your camera at it and a box will appear, accept this and you will get the online form. Easy.

The one in Phuket seems to only be in Thai Language, but one of the staff helped me.

Mentioned shops and restaurants opened but not the bars ? Does anyone know what is happening on long haul flights regarding food and drink , is it service as normal ? 

I would be interested to know if anyone has flown Finnair to the UK as they are very competitively priced flights .

I flew DMK-NST-DMK this past week. Temperatures were scanned at both airports when entering the terminal, and masks were worn pretty much universally in the airports and on board, but there was basically no social distancing to speak of, as passengers mostly ignored the marks on the floor.

Although QR codes were posted, no one was pushed to use either Thai Chana or the AOT app. (On arrival at NST, passengers were theoretically supposed to sign in with Thai Chana when entering the baggage claim area, and then sign out again less than 10 meters further on, but very few people did that.)

Deplaning at NST was not restricted in any way, but at DMK we were told to stay seated until our group of rows was called, and people did as instructed. Since we were at a bus gate, though, this meant there was some modicum of distancing as we got off the plane, but we then boarded a bus where we stood no more than a foot away from one another, so it's not clear whether any purpose was really served.

I did notice that bathrooms at DMK were being cleaned much more frequently than normal.

On 7/29/2020 at 6:11 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Flown twice this month. Planes are full as limited flights. No social distancing. This was removed from flying regulations by CAAT

Right, not that CAAT seems to be aware of that - here's a quote from July 23:

"Overall, the impact of the Covid-19 has caused all airlines to lose about 70 per cent of passengers because of the reduced travel demand. Airlines must also comply with social distancing measures by leaving one seat empty between passengers, said CAAT director-general Chula Sukmanop."