Justice minister suggests Thai prisons could become tourist attractions

webfact

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Wow, this  amazing genius business idea. He is surely due to go to the top with that one. People would love to come and see people suffering in inhuman conditions, looking like they are in concentration camps.

Are you sure it isn't the 1st April!

Could be April 1st, seeing as the Thai Government stretched out the canceled Songkran Holidays through the year.  Maybe they moved April Fools day as well since it was caught after the Covid Emergency decree lockdown on March 26th, and we never got that memo.....

Edited by ThailandRyan

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

well they do the same with their suffering tigers and elephants, so we shouldn't be too surprised at this monumentally stupid idea

Good point, dolphins also! and people (used) queue up and pay to go into these place, sure certain nationalities would also pay to watch people incarcerated, nothing quite like viewing others misfortune, adds to the superiority complex ????                                  :shock1:

is one of the attraction for San Francisco tourist but there is a prison not in use anymore and famous for some movies and escapes and also in attractive location with bad birds attaching you if approaching. Maybe not so interesting to visit thai prison with prisoner still inside

56 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Maybe they could have classes, where the inmates can teach the public how to make a shank or shiv. ????

shiv.jpg

Well well well, I see you found my butter knife, now were on earth did I leave it so you could find it.  I thought I had it hidden by hanging it down the inside of my prison door from the inside latch on some dental floss....

Now only buy yaba some place and go showing that front of police building , then you can spend rest of your life in tourist attraction place! What a wonderful life. Be in most popular place in Thailand!