Justice minister suggests Thai prisons could become tourist attractions

webfact

Maybe a trip to IDC, Bangkok where I spent a spell... let the world know exactly what happens if you default on simple things... or try to argue with Thai authorities even if your right... instant karma to destroy the country even more...idiot idea.. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jvs said:

Heard during a tour in a Thai prison,"gentlemen,this is a prison with only female occupants,please refrain from sticking anything thru the bars"

Maybe some pole dancing competitions in the ladies prison could be arranged.

• Haha 1

I visited my friend once in bang kwang prison.lots of permission even to visit.many walls to go thru,you see the nice parts.The bad parts are behind the other walls where prisoners change they visiting clothes to the other clothes.A tourist spot I think not,unless u have someone u know in there not really a place to visit.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Nearly twenty years ago I went to an 'open day' at Klong Prem Prison Bangkok.

There were about thirty/forty ferangs in a coach from Pattaya.

I can imagine that 40 people went in with the tour and 45 left with the tour at the end of the day and nobody noticed till a week later. LOL

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Justice minister Somasak Thepsuthin is throwing the doors of Thailand's prisons open for tourism.

Sanook called it the minister's latest "bright idea".

They need to expand the reshuffle.

I remember, in the seventies, in Ceuta in Morocco,

they had a womens prison. Anyone could go there

and have a good time for some hours. Lovely "ladies"!

Don`t know if they still provide this service at present days.

But it was an experience anyhow, that occasionally pop up 

in my memory bank. And so does also my first encounter with

a black woman, in Sousse, Tunisia. Too much information?

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

My coffe just spewed from my nose and I fell to the floor laughing so hard at such a ridiculous new concept for tourism......

TAT Slogan "Fly to Thailand and be quarantined in our spacious and most luxurious cells, do not forget to tell your friends of the new scared straight tourusm experience"

Escape from Alkatraz.....Welcome to the Rock...Flights available thru Con Air....

I love abandoned places and urban exploring, there are a few cool places in CNX or the BKK Ghost Tower

I have always tried to sneak into the abandoned CNX womens prison and Id pay to go look around

Im not saying to exploit people in an active prison but as far as creepy old abandoned LOS im all in..

Some cool vids on youtube of the BKK Ghost tower, and the tale of the guy that hanged himself in there

• Like 1

Well... this morning i feel sad to read an other terrible news about Thailand human right: to make prison a tourist place to show what ? criminals humans in jail ?

This day Thailand loose again an other one point in the humans right score. Very sad.

A long time ago I slept for one night in the prison where Vaclav Havel spent some time.

The prison was uses as a hotel with only a few modifications.

Maybe they can do something similar in Thailand.

Edited by OneMoreFarang
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2020 at 10:42 AM, Pilotman said:

well they do the same with their suffering tigers and elephants, so we shouldn't be too surprised at this monumentally stupid idea

... and i am sure there will be enough idiots on holidays to go there.
Then post a selfie in fb with a killer: "Look at me! My new friend killed all his family."