Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Parents beware: Axle from plastic toy pierces six year old's foot

Recommended Posts

Parents beware: Axle from plastic toy pierces six year old's foot

 

4pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

 

A doctor from Pai Hospital in Mae Hong Son went on his personal Facebook page to warn parents to look after their children carefully after a six year old child stepped on an innocuous looking plastic toy.

 

The axle from the truck went right through the child's foot. 

 

Dr Thanawat Khontham said toys might look safe but could be dangerous. 

 

The child is resting in hospital after the rod was successfully removed. 

 

Source: Daily News

 

 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've seen something similar. My wife's three-year-old niece has a small plastic (hand held) toy car with a metal rod as the axle. She managed to pull the wheels off and expose the loose rod.

 

Everyone thinks I worry unnecessarily, but they just don't see the potential life-threatening danger with some of these cheap-made toys.

Sadly, safety isn't something that's considered here, especially when it comes to children's toys.

 

Edited by bluesofa
misprit
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Years ago I stood on one of these it had one wheel off with the metal bar pointing upright so sat ready to be stood on which I did and went in about an inch.

I pulled it out and it was very painful but had problems about a year later when it got infected and took about another year for it to finally heal .

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kwak250 said:

Years ago I stood on one of these it had one wheel off with the metal bar pointing upright so sat ready to be stood on which I did and went in about an inch.

I pulled it out and it was very painful but had problems about a year later when it got infected and took about another year for it to finally heal .

 

 

 

Why did you stand on it, it is the same as a screw or a nail stand on it and it goes in.

WARNING. Do not stand on things that can go into your foot <deleted>.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why the pixelation? Isn't the x-ray more graphic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, webfact said:

Parents beware: Axle from plastic toy pierces six year old's foot

Yea, Keep you're kids wrapped in cotton wool and keep them locked inside. 

Don't let them outside where they can walk barefooted in dirt, mud dirty water ,rocks ,glass ,nails Dog [email protected] get stuck on barbed wire ,thorns , get stung from nettles , walk on the beach where they can step on broken shells .don't let them walk outside in the sun they may get sunburn or a sun tan .don't let them climb in any trees to get bird eggs they may scratch their legs/arms on the tree bark.don't let them on a bike to learn to ride they may fall and hurt themselves. 

I think of some more Dangerous things Later Ok  😇

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And you thought stepping on a LEGO was bad!!!  Oy!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/28/2020 at 11:18 AM, Almer said:

Why did you stand on it, it is the same as a screw or a nail stand on it and it goes in.

WARNING. Do not stand on things that can go into your foot <deleted>.

Oh. i see you tried humour,

just a tip.

Next time try and be funny .

<deleted>

 

Edited by kwak250

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...