BANGKOK
carlyai

VPN for Australia Ch 7, 10

My current VPN is expiring and expensive, but cannot access Australia ch7 and ch10. Ch9 is OK and other locations. I am using my VPN site and Open VPN at the moment.

Anyone recommend a great VPN that doesn't have Australian access problems, lots of servers and quick.

Currently I use Identity Cloaked. 

what channels specifically u want, I have AU channels 7, 9, 10, etc. and they all seem to work fine with or without a vpn.

4 hours ago, i84teen said:

what channels specifically u want, I have AU channels 7, 9, 10, etc. and they all seem to work fine with or without a vpn.

Thanks for the reply. Without an Australian IP address I can't get access. Or access is blocked. How do you get access? I can't get 7, 10.

Have you tried "Live Net TV" app as no VPN is required or another one is "Media Lounge".

On 7/29/2020 at 9:24 AM, 1948wjm said:

Have you tried "Live Net TV" app as no VPN is required or another one is "Media Lounge".

Thanks. Live Net TV goes down a lot, and I haven't tried Media Lounge but will today.

Another one to try is "Swift Streaming"

• Like 1

On 7/30/2020 at 2:29 PM, carlyai said:

Thanks. Live Net TV goes down a lot, and I haven't tried Media Lounge but will today.

Media lounge is worse than Livenet.

With free apps, as with everything else, you get what you pay for it.

I assume you try to connect to the official channels in Australia.

Your best bet will probably SmartDNS, and you can get a free trial

https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/

If that fails a paid IPTV service will serve you well.

PM me if you are interested in the latter option

10 hours ago, Susco said:

Media lounge is worse than Livenet.

With free apps, as with everything else, you get what you pay for it.

I assume you try to connect to the official channels in Australia.

Your best bet will probably SmartDNS, and you can get a free trial

https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/

PM me if you are interested in the latter option

Thanks. I've found the free apps unreliable. 

I just renewed my VPN subscription. 

I'll keep you in mind if I get trouble watching the football.

On 8/1/2020 at 10:32 PM, Susco said:

Does this get around geo blocking?  Could you PM me some details please?  

On 8/2/2020 at 9:00 AM, carlyai said:

Thanks. I've found the free apps unreliable. 

I just renewed my VPN subscription. 

I'll keep you in mind if I get trouble watching the football.

It's my understanding a lot of the VPN IP addresses get blacklisted by these apps.  You either have to try another VPN, or ask you VPN provider to refresh their IP addresses for the particular country you wish to access.  This is something they will not do just for one customer.  There would have to be several requests.  

8 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

Does this get around geo blocking?  Could you PM me some details please?  

You have a couple of issues here: 1. If you try to download an app for, say ch7 Australia and your country selected in play store is Thailand, then it won't download as you are not in the Australian geographical region. 

2. A VPN (Virtual Private Network), connects from your computer to a server in the country you specify. Banks use a VPN when you do internet banking. So when you connect to a server in the country you use one of that servers IP addresses to access your site. 

So there's nothing illegal in a VPN. Trouble is some sites (maybe ch 10 I don't know), seem to be using software that counts the distance you are away from Australia then works out you are using a VPN and block access. I just like to watch different news broadcasts, that's why I like to get 7 and 10, but it is not that important.

There are many different versions of VPNs around (like OpenVPN and others.

VPNs get around Geoblocking as you are using a server in the same country. You need a fast one with many servers in the countries you want to access.

I think this info is fairly correct. 

27 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Trouble is some sites (maybe ch 10 I don't know), seem to be using software that counts the distance you are away from Australia then works out you are using a VPN and block access.

I am familiar on how a VPN works, but measuring the distance away from Australia is a new one for me.  In theory, I suppose they could time a ping, but that would have to account for slow ISP's, traffic congestion etc.

I would say it's more like IP address getting blacklisted.  

As for banks, I was under the believe the user starts an encrypted session with the bank's server.  Similar to a VPN, but not actually a VPN, but I could be wrong about this.  

45 minutes ago, carlyai said:

You have a couple of issues here: 1. If you try to download an app for, say ch7 Australia and your country selected in play store is Thailand, then it won't download as you are not in the Australian geographical region. 

2. A VPN (Virtual Private Network), connects from your computer to a server in the country you specify. Banks use a VPN when you do internet banking. So when you connect to a server in the country you use one of that servers IP addresses to access your site. 

So there's nothing illegal in a VPN. Trouble is some sites (maybe ch 10 I don't know), seem to be using software that counts the distance you are away from Australia then works out you are using a VPN and block access. I just like to watch different news broadcasts, that's why I like to get 7 and 10, but it is not that important.

There are many different versions of VPNs around (like OpenVPN and others.

VPNs get around Geoblocking as you are using a server in the same country. You need a fast one with many servers in the countries you want to access.

I think this info is fairly correct. 

This should explain, why a SmartDNS is better than a vpn for geo blocked streaming services

https://www.smartydns.com/smart-dns/smart-dns-vs-vpn/

https://www.comparitech.com/blog/vpn-privacidad/netflix-blocked-your-vpn-smart-dns-is-the-answer/

32 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

I am familiar on how a VPN works, but measuring the distance away from Australia is a new one for me.  In theory, I suppose they could time a ping, but that would have to account for slow ISP's, traffic congestion etc.

I would say it's more like IP address getting blacklisted.  

As for banks, I was under the believe the user starts an encrypted session with the bank's server.  Similar to a VPN, but not actually a VPN, but I could be wrong about this.  

Measuring the time taken for the Ping would indicate the use of a VPN or not. Have tried new servers, same result. Think maybe a Ping check is what they do. 

A message comes up from the target site ....if you are using a VPN disconnect it and try again.    So they are guessing you use a VPN, how? ....from a Ping test.

Not sure.