VPN for Australia Ch 7, 10

carlyai

2 hours ago, Susco said:

Tried the Slyguy repo, and it works fairly well for the free to air channels, but you need Aussie VPN.

Didn't try for extended period, so don't know how reliable they are, but they worked well for the time I tried them. Channel Seven and the other 7's worked, but 10 was geo blocked

Australia VPN is of course an extra cost, which you don't need with IPTV.

Couldn't find the catchup you mentioned, and the Fox go and Kayo and AFL/NRL addons you need a subscription, which again you don't need with IPTV.

All the addons in the slyguy repo work well for me. You are correct that subscription services such as Foxtel, Kayo, AFL/NRl need login details (and a Vpn or dns proxy service) as these are legal services.

I access the AFL addon for free as I maintain a Telstra mobile service in Australia. This gives you free access to both AFL and NRL.

IPTV is of course another option to the above legal services and many of them work well.

4 minutes ago, tlcwaterfall said:

All the addons in the slyguy repo work well for me. You are correct that subscription services such as Foxtel, Kayo, AFL/NRl need login details (and a Vpn or dns proxy service) as these are legal services.

I access the AFL addon for free as I maintain a Telstra mobile service in Australia. This gives you free access to both AFL and NRL.

IPTV is of course another option to the above legal services and many of them work well.

The free streams like 7 - 9 etc also needed Aussie VPN.

image.png.f914f1b8c148d81db3bc449b32cb99af.png

7 minutes ago, Susco said:

The free streams like 7 - 9 etc also needed Aussie VPN.

image.png.f914f1b8c148d81db3bc449b32cb99af.png

Naturally they need a Vpn as they are streaming from Australia. These free to air channels are free to watch in Australia and outside Australia but as you have pointed out a Vpn is required if watching outside Australia. 

Edited by tlcwaterfall

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2020 at 4:15 PM, Lloydyboy said:

I also used to be able to use Foxtel Go (I have a Foxtel subscription in Australia) via IPVanish, but a few months ago it stopped working, so I cancelled the VPN. 

What VPN are you still able to get Foxtel Go? 

I still maintain an internet connection and router in Australia.  This allows me to make my own personal VPN. It is not shared with anyone else.  

I still have a paid VPN, but since it appears Foxtel has blocked a lot of the IP addresses of the VPN companies, I have been using my own personal VPN. 

If you have friends or family in Australia, perhaps you could arrange something with them.

Some members have discussed paid VPN's where you are issued your own IP address, which should get around Foxtel's blocking.  I would be interested in that, but will need to research it more.   

On 8/26/2020 at 11:44 AM, Susco said:

The way I read it is that he setup a virtual private network between his Thailand location and his own internet connection in Australia

Yes, that is correct.  Many routers have this capability.  Upload speed out of Australia with the VPN on is slow, but still enough to run the Foxtel Go app.   

On 9/14/2020 at 9:21 AM, KhunHeineken said:

Is anyone running Kayo Sports, the sport streaming app of Foxtel?  Has it blocked VPN's?  

I had Kayo running perfectly in tandem with ExpressVPN for the last 12 months. Unfortunately, it came to a grinding holt about 3 weeks ago. I looks like Kayo have recently picked up their game in blocking VPN use. ExpressVPN support haven't been much good either. They say they're on the case with trying to get access back, but with no ETA. So I'm not holding my breath. I couldn't wait any longer, so 2 days I signed up for a month with NordVPN because I heard they got access back to Kayo rather quickly after going down too. The testing I've done so far has shown low quality for live stuff with regular buffering & SD quality for catch up content with minimal buffering. Very disappointing to say the least. In my own experience, ExpressVPN is light years ahead of Nord with streaming quality. I also heard that PIA, CyberGhost & SurfShark still had access, but I haven't tested any of them myself. One thing I have learned from this, is to never buy a long term VPN subscription again. I'll just be sticking with month to month from now on.

Cheers

Edited by yabbra