Pattaya: Beaches are packed for the long weekend - media posts picture of it deserted!

webfact

Road down Beach Road at 2pm yesterday.  Looked just like in the photo posted by Siam Chon News.

With crowding like that I even thought about stopping and going for a walk on the beach, then I thought about all the runoff from the recent rains and simply kept going.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, boonrawdcnx said:

Why would anybody go to the beach there? Last time I swam in the filthy water in Jomtien I caught a skin disease! 

no  no .... it wasn't so dirty when we were there.  No skin diseases only maybe the odd covid19 lurking around.  Maybe you had some disease prior to going. just what I saw. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CGW said:

There has long been a weekend exodus from Bangkok to enjoy the cleaner air and conditions in Pattaya, I used to be one of those seeking nirvana!

Those with families always stayed at resorts with swimming pools as the sea was too dirty and contaminated to allow children to enter!

That was in 1989, it's only got worse!

no  no  .... my friends went for a swim and they didn't catch anything.  Is it possible that some folks may have caught something from the bar the night before

• Like 1

Just been overnight last night, lots of Thai tourists about and judging by their cars tags are from all over Thailand, many bars are open lots of lasses about but few takers though even when prices for pay for play are very low around 1 k, beers are at 55 baht everywhere, hardly anyone wearing a mask there though, you walk the the streets and you wouldn't think that the a a killer pandemic lurking around and all around us...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shuya said:

Jomtien is packed with zero-baht-thairists. Looks like a vintage pickup truck meeting.

That's spot on.
Jomtien beach was jam packed at the weekend.

In the early afternoon took more than 30 minutes to get to Sukhumvit road.
Going back to the beach from Sukhumvit on Chaiyapreuk at 6pm took much longer, nearly an hour.

In comparison the roads in Pattaya were not busy. 

When they said they would look into the 2 price system I never expected a 3 price system to replace it.

The price of those Lobsters is intriguing.

Top price = Falang price

Mid price = Bar girl with Falang price

Bottom price = Thai from BKK who still have a job.

???? ???? ????

Edited by Anna Rak
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

we were down at Jomtien beach yesterday after checking out of our 5 star beach resort hotel and it was quite busy with Thai's.

Then I bought some lobsters to bring back ....

image.png.a605832f6c428d2339afb21ffb54a6c3.png

3 Tier pricing ???

• Haha 1

Good little snip of Pattaya beach showing a single farang , (no ones mentioned how clean it appears?????) must show about 1% of the total surface area...Could not have been taken yesterday unless the photographer had been waiting for a convenient time. by late lunch time the photo could not have been possible as the beach was the busiest i have witnessed this year

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Great news now no more whinging and whining from the tourism sector until next year your pockets are full ????

@sammieuk1 thats the problem the tourism sector havent been whinging or whining as far as i can make out. so the PM has carried having thailand shut. i know if it was my country the tourism industry would have kicked up a right fuss and been up in arms but the thais dont really seemed bothered about it.  

3 hours ago, Shuya said:

Jomtien is packed with zero-baht-thairists. Looks like a vintage pickup truck meeting.

All leaving their trail of empty Whisky bottles, and the remains of a Somtam, thrown all around.

High Quality, high spending Touroids from the sticks